Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The largest collection of talent is in ECNL. That’s a fact; not saying there isn’t talent elsewhere. Of course; lots of it. I think those 10-0 wins over crap teams has this Oakwood team a little cocky. Calm down; you have played NOBODY. If those parents really wanted their kids challenged and playing against the best comp, they would have consolidated their talent into an ECNL club. Instead they went to a second rate club that’s best days are long behind them who were in a crap league last year and will be in a crap league again. Have fun being king of the ant hill.
    Or their kids play at OW because of proximity, friends, etc. Location is huge. Just love how the DB CFC dads just fill in the blank of OW kids go to OW because of league. Not everyone is DB like you. But your narrative sounds so smart and eloquent. Its said with "fact" written all over it. You can holler every day about ECNL. I don't think that any OW parent would disagree about ECNL vs GAL or even when DA was present. Its an argument that CFC parents fabricate on TS and keep arguing in every possible thread. Keep spinning the thread. what else are you going to do during this pandemic.

Comment

Ignorance is bliss. You do know Anson wasn't a fan of GDA and US soccer's battle with ECNL and that coaches don't go look at clubs because they're winning in a weak league they look at players?

My guess is Anson was there to take a look at LK which left the club shortly after of course.
      Huh? 2005. Not LK's team.

Comment

Huh? 2005. Not LK's team.
        duh, they wont look at other games while on site?

Comment

duh, they wont look at other games while on site?
          Yeah b/c it was a coincidence. It was those games with that team and nowhere else to be.

Comment

Ignorance is bliss. You do know Anson wasn't a fan of GDA and US soccer's battle with ECNL and that coaches don't go look at clubs because they're winning in a weak league they look at players?

My guess is Anson was there to take a look at LK which left the club shortly after of course.
            Anson was at ow to look at the star studded 07 group!!!!!! unfortunately by this time next year they will all have left OW

Comment

2 of 3 games.
              So, any offers being made? Because they commit them young. If no, then who cares.

Comment

Or their kids play at OW because of proximity, friends, etc. Location is huge. Just love how the DB CFC dads just fill in the blank of OW kids go to OW because of league. Not everyone is DB like you. But your narrative sounds so smart and eloquent. Its said with "fact" written all over it. You can holler every day about ECNL. I don't think that any OW parent would disagree about ECNL vs GAL or even when DA was present. Its an argument that CFC parents fabricate on TS and keep arguing in every possible thread. Keep spinning the thread. what else are you going to do during this pandemic.
                Struck a nerve? Not all of those kids are that close by the way. And not a CFC parent; they don’t hold the monopoly on DB dads!

Comment

Fair point but more likely checking out both AS (a UNC commit) and LK at the same time.

Comment

All very good advice, except I disagree about the futsal. It's a great culture for players and the competition is amazing. The training--I don't care how good--does not replace game day for what kids learn. It's a high octane environment--much more so than a soccer game--and kids get a lot of life lessons and sport lessons from it. Players learn to deal with nerves, they learn that you can be down 0-5 in first half and win it back if you're focused and driven. It's so much more than the training. Nope. Gotta go to those tournaments.
                    We can agree to disagree. I've been part of it. Looking back it's a waste of time. Futsal is good for footskills and quick decision making. ******* away a weekend in NJ with 3 to 4 hotel nights isn't worth it. Add in the fact that there are plenty of players that are good at fustal but average soccer players because they are slow AF.

Having your kid play in actual soccer game against a top team with 80 college coaches on the sideline is actual pressure.

I suppose it's all about prioritizing where and when you spend the money on soccer. If your kid plays ECNL there's trips to FL, AZ, Texas etc. Those have meaning as it's a path to recruiting. Futsal events are just money makers for the organizers.

Comment

All very good advice, except I disagree about the futsal. It's a great culture for players and the competition is amazing. The training--I don't care how good--does not replace game day for what kids learn. It's a high octane environment--much more so than a soccer game--and kids get a lot of life lessons and sport lessons from it. Players learn to deal with nerves, they learn that you can be down 0-5 in first half and win it back if you're focused and driven. It's so much more than the training. Nope. Gotta go to those tournaments.
                      Thank you Mr Futsal Tournament Director.

Comment

Just saw this same thread posted on the NJ board .... you have to be kidding me. This has to be one of the crazy Ginga dads. Who, in their right mind, would think this, let alone post it (on a NJ thread)?! Win something of substance before you brand yourself the tallest midget. What a bunch of losers!

Comment

Just saw this same thread posted on the NJ board .... you have to be kidding me. This has to be one of the crazy Ginga dads. Who, in their right mind, would think this, let alone post it (on a NJ thread)?! Win something of substance before you brand yourself the tallest midget. What a bunch of losers!
                          He's posted on the MA board as well.

Comment

Yes, this is truly special. And not the good kind of special.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X