Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Someone should tell Anson Dorrance and Mark Krikorian they shouldn't be attending the OW 05 matches, then.
    Assuming this even happened, the real litmus test is whether or not they came back.

Comment

They for sure have watched them play but my bet it for for players on their opponents team

Comment

Assuming this even happened, the real litmus test is whether or not they came back.
        2 of 3 games.

Comment

The ecnl is by far the best league in the country. In the Northeast it’s not even close. I’m sure UNC and FSU are all about recruiting Oakwood players. Ellie Jean is the only Oakwood player to have any success at a Power 5 or big time program and she had to play with the Oakwood boys to be prepared.
          The ECNL is also actively building the regional leagues (B teams) as well. Several announcements in the past few days. The collapse of DA has given them clear momentum and now clearly have a concentration of the top talent (and NWSL clubs) in the country and are expanding to become the de factor choice for top players. GAL is in precarious position of being Tier 3. They have no real value proposition and will fade away over time as parents of younger kids realize there is no value to the league. Any remaining NWSL clubs will be first to go. Unfortunately current GAL HS aged players are caught in a pickle with no where to go but stay put.

Comment

Someone should tell Anson Dorrance and Mark Krikorian they shouldn't be attending the OW 05 matches, then.
            now that the team won't be attending any legit events, it won't be a problem

You'll still have Hartford though.

Comment

Speaking of things that actually matter instead of league comparisons and hypothetical matches. Looks like CFC is the board first with a 2022 commitment to Boston College.

Nice start! That is going to be a strong class in CT. Probably close to this year's seniors in CT. Club loyalties aside, the class of 2020 did really well for a small state. By my count it's 30+ players headed to D1 programs.

Comment

Was that 05 CFC team dead last or 2nd to last in the 2018-2019 season? I forget. The CT 05 ECNL teams are not doing well because the best players are on the OW team. Facts. You must not be following if you don't know who they've played.
                One of the top players came from sporting 2 years ago. All those resources training ytl and sporting delivers! imagine that!

Comment

One of the top players came from sporting 2 years ago. All those resources training ytl and sporting delivers! imagine that!
                  The ECNL teams and Oakwood aggregate talent.

Lots of good players come from Sporting, SCP, Ginga, AFC etc. Those clubs do a nice job when the kids are little but can't provide the platform for college exposure.

You aren't reporting anything new here.

Comment

The ECNL teams and Oakwood aggregate talent.

Lots of good players come from Sporting, SCP, Ginga, AFC etc. Those clubs do a nice job when the kids are little but can't provide the platform for college exposure.

You aren't reporting anything new here.
                    Tell that to this year's class of idiot parents, the 07s.

Comment

Tell that to this year's class of idiot parents, the 07s.

Sports parents are always going to be crazy. Very few are going to seek counsel from a parent that has been through it.

When my daughter was in 7th grade, close family friend was the captain of our local HS team and college bound. We sat with them and basically took notes on what they did right and wrong. I'm in it again now with younger daughter but know the pitfalls. A few of the key ones...

-Not getting hung up on the stature of the club team in middle school. Focus on getting individually better.

-9th Grade was/is the time to be in place on a squad to competes at the higher level. Those that tell you that its a closed system and you have to get in don't have ballers. Top teams are always open to talent.

-Don't player summer soccer. Club soccer is a long season. Club soccer leads to overuse. Stay on the ball and remain fit

-Don't waste money on expensive soccer camps.

-Don't travel to "meaningless" Futsal events that require a hotel stay. Those are fundraisers for others. Futsal is a training tool.

-Avoid ODP at all costs. 50% of the pool can't impact a high school game.

-The best players in 7th grade won't likely be the best in 11th grade.

Comment

They for sure have watched them play but my bet it for for players on their opponents team
                        Possibly?--anyway, they left knowing which team won every game and knowing why OW 05 is so strong.

Comment

Good suggestions but the 2007 parents have it all figured out. you should be asking them how to handle things with your younger player. For starters, I'd think about commuting to Stars of Mass.

Sports parents are always going to be crazy. Very few are going to seek counsel from a parent that has been through it.

When my daughter was in 7th grade, close family friend was the captain of our local HS team and college bound. We sat with them and basically took notes on what they did right and wrong. I'm in it again now with younger daughter but know the pitfalls. A few of the key ones...

-Not getting hung up on the stature of the club team in middle school. Focus on getting individually better.

-9th Grade was/is the time to be in place on a squad to competes at the higher level. Those that tell you that its a closed system and you have to get in don't have ballers. Top teams are always open to talent.

-Don't player summer soccer. Club soccer is a long season. Club soccer leads to overuse. Stay on the ball and remain fit

-Don't travel to "meaningless" Futsal events that require a hotel stay. Those are fundraisers for others. Futsal is a training tool.

Comment

All very good advice, except I disagree about the futsal. It's a great culture for players and the competition is amazing. The training--I don't care how good--does not replace game day for what kids learn. It's a high octane environment--much more so than a soccer game--and kids get a lot of life lessons and sport lessons from it. Players learn to deal with nerves, they learn that you can be down 0-5 in first half and win it back if you're focused and driven. It's so much more than the training. Nope. Gotta go to those tournaments.

Comment

Possibly?--anyway, they left knowing which team won every game and knowing why OW 05 is so strong.
                              Ignorance is bliss. You do know Anson wasn't a fan of GDA and US soccer's battle with ECNL and that coaches don't go look at clubs because they're winning in a weak league they look at players?

My guess is Anson was there to take a look at LK which left the club shortly after of course.

Comment

The ECNL is also actively building the regional leagues (B teams) as well. Several announcements in the past few days. The collapse of DA has given them clear momentum and now clearly have a concentration of the top talent (and NWSL clubs) in the country and are expanding to become the de factor choice for top players. GAL is in precarious position of being Tier 3. They have no real value proposition and will fade away over time as parents of younger kids realize there is no value to the league. Any remaining NWSL clubs will be first to go. Unfortunately current GAL HS aged players are caught in a pickle with no where to go but stay put.
                                you are just so smart.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X