High School Soccer this Fall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope - Read slowly so you can understand divide number of covid deaths by number of positive cases and multiply by 100. Just like batting average. Doesn't even remotely account for people not tested. This is people who test positive only - infected whether symptomatic or not. I know it's hard for your sixth grade education but there it is....

CT - 4343 deaths / 47108 positive cases 9.2 percent updated from before
    US - 134,000 deaths/ 3.11 million positive cases = 4..3 percent

Not rooting against anyone - no fear here, I just don't have my head in the sand because some reality tv show star says I should.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Cmon jerk weed. Be better than that. Using your ridiculous stats would mean that they have tested every single person in the country and identified every case. Lmao. There are upwards of 20-40 times as many positive cases. Use that number and tell me what you come up with. Stop being a fear monger loser who is rooting against their country.
      I think the consensus is that there are 10 times the number of positive cases (not 20-40). Also since connecticut was hit hard early before testing was available the data about death rate is not reliable. Reality is that the death rate is about 0.5% and has always been around this number and more widely available testing will prove this out.

Also even if you consider a higher number of infected people it still means that most of the country is still vulnerable to catching the disease and only through extreme precautions can we only slow down this disease.

Comment

I think the consensus is that there are 10 times the number of positive cases (not 20-40). Also since connecticut was hit hard early before testing was available the data about death rate is not reliable. Reality is that the death rate is about 0.5% and has always been around this number and more widely available testing will prove this out.

Also even if you consider a higher number of infected people it still means that most of the country is still vulnerable to catching the disease and only through extreme precautions can we only slow down this disease.
        It’s much higher than ten times. Upwards of 40-50% of the cases are Asymptomatic and since testing for months focused only on those with symptoms, the vast majority of cases were missed. That’s just reality. The mortality rate is much closer to 0.25% was the most recent number I read and dropping weekly. Makes it a strong flu for the majority, but more infectious because of the Asymptomatic spread. No agenda. Just reality.

Comment

Nope - Read slowly so you can understand divide number of covid deaths by number of positive cases and multiply by 100. Just like batting average. Doesn't even remotely account for people not tested. This is people who test positive only - infected whether symptomatic or not. I know it's hard for your sixth grade education but there it is....

CT - 4343 deaths / 47108 positive cases 9.2 percent updated from before
          US - 134,000 deaths/ 3.11 million positive cases = 4..3 percent

Not rooting against anyone - no fear here, I just don't have my head in the sand because some reality tv show star says I should.
          Everyone understands your nonsense because it is at a third grade level calculation. The problem is that your “stat” is meaningless unless everyone in the country has been tested, which they have not. A Stanford study that has since been backed up showed there are anywhere from 30-80 times as many positive cases in the country than have been shown. I think 80 is a bit high, but 25 is very realistic given how many Asymptomatic cases there are.

Guess what happens when you have 25 times more cases and the same number of deaths? Your mortality rate drops exponentially. And people like you crack me up. I could care less about Trump. I’m just not a moron with an agenda and a fear monger. I prefer to study facts and do actual research.

Comment

It’s much higher than ten times. Upwards of 40-50% of the cases are Asymptomatic and since testing for months focused only on those with symptoms, the vast majority of cases were missed. That’s just reality. The mortality rate is much closer to 0.25% was the most recent number I read and dropping weekly. Makes it a strong flu for the majority, but more infectious because of the Asymptomatic spread. No agenda. Just reality.
            CDC has said 10x. Redfield is an idiot but there are still scientists at the CDC who know what they're doing. Hard hit NYC only had about 20% test with antibodies, Spain only 5%. That means there are still tens of millions of people still vulnerable

Comment

florida 15% of icu beds are covid occupied the rest is other normal medical issues

from the mouth of the governor on a national station
              If you trust anything that comes out of DeSantis' mouth you're a fool.

Comment

With all of the recent college Conferences cancelling or postponing fall sports, do you think there’s still some hope for Fall HS sports in CT? Clubs are at full team training now, HS summer leagues have started, captains practices are in full swing. What’s to say it can’t continue if CT hospitalizations remain so low?

Comment

With all of the recent college Conferences cancelling or postponing fall sports, do you think there’s still some hope for Fall HS sports in CT? Clubs are at full team training now, HS summer leagues have started, captains practices are in full swing. What’s to say it can’t continue if CT hospitalizations remain so low?
                  Answered on the other thread- yes if there's a good chance IF we keep numbers down.

Comment

If you trust anything that comes out of DeSantis' mouth you're a fool.
                    since you apparently dont trust him , it should be easy to show the flaws in his statements

he stated his numbers yesterday-plenty of time for anybody to counter, yet no one has
                    except you
                    so where is he mistaken? or are you just taking pot shots ?
                    awaiting your data points

Comment

since you apparently dont trust him , it should be easy to show the flaws in his statements

he stated his numbers yesterday-plenty of time for anybody to counter, yet no one has
                      except you
                      so where is he mistaken? or are you just taking pot shots ?
                      awaiting your data points
                      Here’s my main data point...will HS soccer happen this fall in CT? Please discuss.

Comment

Here’s my main data point...will HS soccer happen this fall in CT? Please discuss.
                        you do understand that a data point cant be a question,right? a data point is something you actually know (based on the data that you are presenting)

so as usual you are Fn clueless and playing with your own poop

Comment

you do understand that a data point cant be a question,right? a data point is something you actually know (based on the data that you are presenting)

Yes, I do understand that, thanks.

Comment

Here’s an interesting data point for you...

1 in 3.57 million adult males would attempt to roast someone by saying “you are Fn clueless and playing with your own poop.”

Comment

Here’s an interesting data point for you...

1 in 3.57 million adult males would attempt to roast someone by saying “you are Fn clueless and playing with your own poop.”
                              Like your previous stats, please provide a link to a reputable reference or two.

Comment

Answered on the other thread- yes if there's a good chance IF we keep numbers down.

There is zero chance. All it will take is 1 kid on a team to get COVID and then that team will have to quarantine for 14 days. The team they just played will have to quarantine for 14 days, etc. etc.
                                It will be an easy call for administrators to cancel fall sports.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X