PDA south try outs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought about it too, but bad location for us. Probably too early for a decent tryout anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has 2007G's tryout time changed to 4:15pm for today? Just got an email ...
      Wasn't changed, 1st email from coach had times for all 3 tryouts. Yes it is at 4:15.

Comment

Thought about it too, but bad location for us. Probably too early for a decent tryout anyway.
        Why? Because they can't do 1v1 or scrimmage? You're better off with a work out warrior then someone who is slow and has no foot work and can't follow instructions. Plus I'm sure the coaches know some of the players already from other parents/trainers, AKKA or competing against them. It's only for the new prospects so no current players at tryouts. No harm in going, if you don't like what you see then don't accept any invite.

Comment

Disagree. Probably too early for a true eval.

Why? Because they can't do 1v1 or scrimmage? You're better off with a work out warrior then someone who is slow and has no foot work and can't follow instructions. Plus I'm sure the coaches know some of the players already from other parents/trainers, AKKA or competing against them. It's only for the new prospects so no current players at tryouts. No harm in going, if you don't like what you see then don't accept any invite.

Comment

That’s why we’re not going. Too early. Seemed like more of an attempt at a player grab than a true tryout.

Disagree. Probably too early for a true eval.

Comment

I am not surprised. People in SJ tend to be a little more independent. When you tell us we have to flock to your 4-letter league, we often respond with a 4-letter word.

That’s why we’re not going. Too early. Seemed like more of an attempt at a player grab than a true tryout.

Comment

Paranoid soccer parent here... do you think clubs share info regarding who is trying out? Meaning will my d’s current club know she is looking at a new club?

Comment

Lol. Everyone knows players move all the time. Get over yourself.

Paranoid soccer parent here... do you think clubs share info regarding who is trying out? Meaning will my d’s current club know she is looking at a new club?

Comment

Kids do change clubs all the time, but I understand the wish for privacy especially if coming from a long term club or you are on the fence about leaving. Only the scummiest coaches and clubs will share that information. There are a few stories on here about it (not for this club), but I would say it rarely happens.

Comment

Most coaches understand and wouldn’t want you on a team you didn’t want to be on. Anyone can be replaced so it ends up not being a big deal. Have done it before.

Kids do change clubs all the time, but I understand the wish for privacy especially if coming from a long term club or you are on the fence about leaving. Only the scummiest coaches and clubs will share that information. There are a few stories on here about it (not for this club), but I would say it rarely happens.

Comment

The answer is yes. coaches have relationships with other coaches. some are really good friends.
                        Quite a few have pacts to let each other know when one of their players are at anothers tryouts.

Its a scummy way to control movement and to confront parents.

Having said that, PDA is one organization that doesn't give a crap about other clubs and coaches, however your milage may vary depending on the coach and team at PDA.t Does that coach have a relationship in the South with others coaches at different clubs? If so, they may let them know out of courtesy. Relationship building across the clubs are important for future employment opportunities.

Comment

Correct in the end it doesn’t matter if they know. I usually tell them we’re checking out a tryout at another club. They typically understand. It’s all part of it.

The answer is yes. coaches have relationships with other coaches. some are really good friends.
                          Quite a few have pacts to let each other know when one of their players are at anothers tryouts.

Its a scummy way to control movement and to confront parents.

Having said that, PDA is one organization that doesn't give a crap about other clubs and coaches, however your milage may vary depending on the coach and team at PDA.t Does that coach have a relationship in the South with others coaches at different clubs? If so, they may let them know out of courtesy. Relationship building across the clubs are important for future employment opportunities.

Comment

I agree. At the end of the day most coaches don’t mind. It’s definitely more of a parent worry.

Comment

Agree. Not sure why they’re holding tryouts now with so many ridiculous restrictions. I lost all respect for this club.

I am not surprised. People in SJ tend to be a little more independent. When you tell us we have to flock to your 4-letter league, we often respond with a 4-letter word.

Comment

I agree. Our club isn’t having tryouts for another 3 weeks and these db’s are having it now. What a bunch of morons.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X