Dynamite ID Sessions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Talk about having your head in the sand. ECNL is dropping fast in quality since GDA and if you don’t think college coaches are going to notice you’re not paying attention.

Comment

They already noticing didn’t the Villanova coach leave coaching an ECNL club for an EDP township team one now? Tells you all you need to know

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Who cares. Massive narcissist. He claims alumni from a club that doesn’t even yet exist. He’s been all over and left a trail of disaster in his wake.
        Will the STA DA teams going to be decimated due to them going with SC to Dynamite?

What about all the players who came to DA tryouts last year but never got a DA offer due to SC coming over with his Stallions?

Tryouts going to be for real this year or another sham check the box exercise?

All those promising players now scattered elsewhere at good clubs. You will get the bottom of the barrel and that is good KARMA! Biotch!!!!

SC will continue his cult of personality and his players will follow him. Don’t think they won’t TV! Biotch!!!!

Comment

They already noticing didn’t the Villanova coach leave coaching an ECNL club for an EDP township team one now? Tells you all you need to know
          Absolutely! The writing is on the wall you just have to be able to see it.

The ECNL is not what it once was and as the product continues to decline changes will occur in the soccer landscape. The bottom of the barrel clubs like bucks, delco and matchfit are not doing ECNL any favors with the poor quality of their teams, and the players those teams are producing. College coaches will eventually go elsewhere.

Comment

Really hope karma is a biatch, that back room deal was not right as plenty of deserving and loyal STA players got passed over for SC’s Stallions that were part of the deal.

Comment

He got fired for wanting to do things his own way and took the whole 05 ECNL team from FC Delco (bottom 1/3 in league) with him. Sold the parents on using his connections, showcase events and id clinics as the pathway to D1. Sounds great until it's not!

Comment

Wouldn’t a coach at that level like a MO at RU know how to do things????and if ECNL was so important why not go to another ECNL club?

Comment

That’s a really bad sign for the ECNL league when coaches start moving teams out of the league. It’ usually the beginning signs of a league in trouble. The ECNL has become such a poor product in this region so fast. Very very shocking.

Comment

All those promising players now scattered elsewhere at good clubs. You will get the bottom of the barrel and that is good KARMA! Biotch!!!!

SC will continue his cult of personality and his players will follow him. Don’t think they won’t TV! Biotch!!!!
                    Someone celebrated too much at their Super Bowl party....

Comment

Really hope karma is a biatch, that back room deal was not right as plenty of deserving and loyal STA players got passed over for SC’s Stallions that were part of the deal.
                      Monday morning trolling - looks like Back room deals are fairly common. I’ve been following the 2006 FC. Bucks thread over in PA and that team also had a back room deal - and guess what looks like that team is also ready blow. Same scenario that team was picked in a living room by the parents before tryouts - the coach never even saw most of the kids play and many more deserving kids were left off. Karma is most definitely a Biotch!

Comment

Totally disagree! My kid played on an EDP team last year, we thought it was OK and probably would've stuck with it if all the top players didn't go over to GDA. We opted to try out for ECNL instead tho (she likes her HS team too much to give it up). It literally is night and day from last year.
                        I'll admit, it took a little getting used to bc she went from being a starter & full game player on her EDP team to playing reserve maybe half a game on her ECNL team...but, I can't get mad at it-her teammates are really strong players. Hopefully after a full year playing at this level, she'll catch up. Her coach is pretty cool about things though, he tries to give even play & starting roles at showcases so she gets seen. And let me tell you, the amount of college coaches at these events blew.me.away! Every single coach that my kid contacted has come to see her play, multiple times-there are literally hordes of them at these things, it's insane! The best we ever got at EDP tourneys were maybe 5-6 low level D1 local.

Now yes, as far as individual development-they don't really work on that too much. It's really more tactical from a team stand point, but he does give them certain challenges and exercises to do at home and they do get "homework" that is intended to raise their soccer IQ and awareness. On her old team, my kid would've never been assigned to watch a NWSL game and analyze the formation, players utilization of space and list 5 things they agreed with and 5 things they might have done differently.

I know it's probably unpopular for me to be touting how happy we are with ECNL on a thread that's undoubtedly designed to pump up EDP (I'm assuming that's where all these dynamite teams will be playing), but I just figured I'd share our experience.
                        Not sure what EDP team you came from but I know several EDP/NL coaches who do the same thing. Soccer IQ is a very important part of the game and many players never develop it which is why they look like they are running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Even went to far as to invite them to go to the coaches conventions as demo players so they could see some of the more advanced training methods.

Comment

He got fired for wanting to do things his own way and took the whole 05 ECNL team from FC Delco (bottom 1/3 in league) with him. Sold the parents on using his connections, showcase events and id clinics as the pathway to D1. Sounds great until it's not!
                          Sounds just like Cryer

Comment

I am sure there are good options in all leagues in terms of coaches. My daughter was at an EDP/NL club for years and we decided to make the move so she could get better exposure with colleges. There was literally no college coaches at EDP events. We went to the SC and FL ECNL events and there were hordes of college coaches at each game. I was amazed at the amount on the touch line. Her coach has been excellent with her, working on areas of need, sending fitness plans through the winter, calling college coaches on her behalf, creating Google Sheets to communicate with us as parents on the college process. We wish they could train a little more but I certainly feel she is much better placed in this environment. GDA I am sure you have good coach options but my kid wanted to play HS too much to even consider that.
                            EDP vs ECNL showcase well duh. Coaches have a limited amount of money for travel and recruiting so they go to the showcases with the most bang for their buck. You aren't going to see big time D1 schools at EDP/NL local showcases unless it is Penn State or Rutgers. Try comparing it to the actual NL that has to be earned and not the EDP managed NL. The ones that just got done in FL and play in LV. Im sure those have some good recruiting drawing power.

Comment

OMG, you people are so insanely delusional I'm actually laughing out loud!!! The guy is at Penn Fusion!!! A GDA CLUB!!! Anyone who tries to describe Penn Fusion as an EDP club is truly desperate to push their agenda! EDP sucks. The teams are nothing more than a bunch of kids who can't cut it on a top level team and the exposure is non-existent...even with the Villanova coach on staff at your club!

Comment

How can a brand new club have so many alumni players?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X