X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Explain.
    Have you heard of the Lancaster Jethawks?

Comment

Happens with coaches too. A lot of Moms and Dads who did play and have some knowledge did the volunteer thing at town. They too realized what a disaster the politics were. Many of them got serious, got educated more, and now coach club. It would be a curious survey of caches to see how many coached in their town before becoming a club coach, and why.
      That sums up my coaching experience when my daughter was in a town rec program at the start. I found the someone on the board that she also coached would be scrimmaging against the local Big Money Club team. The rest of us are out there being instructed to play sharks and minnows, and she's got her team working on Coerver skills.

Comment

Mostly agree, except for the politics on who makes the team. That's an oft-repeated comment about anything, and rarely is it ever true. What evidence do you have that is the case (genuinely asking)?
        Here's an example just from this year. My son has former club teammate and friend that has played Revs for a few years now. Next year Revs 05's move to U16/17 so many of the 05's didn't make the cut. In fact, only 3 made it. One of them has no business playing Revs to begin with. My sons friend is three times the player as this kid. Hell, my kid has schooled this kid in town and indoor for years. But, the father has business connections with the club. It's all politics and who you know.

Comment

Next year Revs 05's move to U16/17 so many of the 05's didn't make the cut. In fact, only 3 made it.
          The Revs need to win so their team rosters will all be biased towards the older cohort of players in an age group.

Comment

There is no difference between US Club and USYS. They both need money to survive and both will promote their own views. US Soccer has chosen to lend its badge to both, which really has damaged the legitimacy as a national governing body of the USSF imo. For a parent the differences, if any, are meaningless.[/QUOTE]

At least someone understands

Comment

There is no difference between US Club and USYS. They both need money to survive and both will promote their own views. US Soccer has chosen to lend its badge to both, which really has damaged the legitimacy as a national governing body of the USSF imo. For a parent the differences, if any, are meaningless.
              At least someone understands[/QUOTE]

NPL is not dead SC - Stop creating fear

Comment

NPL is not dead SC - Stop creating fear[/QUOTE]

Its been dead since the DA clubs moved their teams away from NPL to DA. So A teams at non DA clubs were facing B teams. u13 and under its fine no DA split; u14 and up - it's a wasteland of leagues with 2 strong teams and 4 teams with no shot, until the talent migrates to other leagues and it evens out.

Comment

NPL is not dead SC - Stop creating fear[/QUOTE]

Yes, it’s dead in the Northeast. The NPL League in NY and NJ has collapsed with all the strong club based teams moving to EDP North Atlantic. In MA I give NEP a year before it completely shuts down. Winter is Coming....

Comment

I think the "northeast" in the title mean the northeast and New England, obviously including NY, NJ. Then yes, it is as good as dead with the NY and CT teams moving to EDP. I don't know how New England hangs on and honestly they shouldn't. The masters at NEP created the New England mess and they should live and die with it.

Comment

I had no idea NEP was still a thing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X