Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    They may indeed know the game very well, but they have their arena and Referees have theirs. Referees speak of " handling" specifically " deliberate handling" as that is what they are instructed. Just like the term, " box " is not the Penalty Area , but " experts" constantly call it that.

Referees have game reports that must be completed . Part of preparing a proper and complete game report is to use the terms that are in the LOTG. Your " experts" usually do not fill out Referee reports.
    Your perception of being talked down to is a behavior issue of your own making. If you do not want to have the perception of being" unwashed" , do not speak and act like an unwashed person.

Although you try an make an attempt to belittle the Referees that work U 12 games on not so great fields, the children in the game appreciate having a Referee. But it reveals your attitude.

Indeed, Youth soccer is one area in life where adults could actually learn from the children. The children that play are the best part of the game. They have a chance, ( if parents allow them ) to show what they have on the field , and along the way gain maturity and understanding of the game. When you have dome it for along time, and watched the children grow and prosper, it helps make the endeavor of being a Referee worthwhile. It helps overcome the bad taste that you get from parents, but I always am ready to cut them some slack, even the unwashed, for the benefit of the children.
    No one is filling out game reports during an exchange about soccer on this site. The default of many on this site is to point out unofficial language like "handball". That is belittling.

Comment

They may indeed know the game very well, but they have their arena and Referees have theirs. Referees speak of " handling" specifically " deliberate handling" as that is what they are instructed. Just like the term, " box " is not the Penalty Area , but " experts" constantly call it that.

Referees have game reports that must be completed . Part of preparing a proper and complete game report is to use the terms that are in the LOTG. Your " experts" usually do not fill out Referee reports.
      Your perception of being talked down to is a behavior issue of your own making. If you do not want to have the perception of being" unwashed" , do not speak and act like an unwashed person.

Although you try an make an attempt to belittle the Referees that work U 12 games on not so great fields, the children in the game appreciate having a Referee. But it reveals your attitude.

Indeed, Youth soccer is one area in life where adults could actually learn from the children. The children that play are the best part of the game. They have a chance, ( if parents allow them ) to show what they have on the field , and along the way gain maturity and understanding of the game. When you have dome it for along time, and watched the children grow and prosper, it helps make the endeavor of being a Referee worthwhile. It helps overcome the bad taste that you get from parents, but I always am ready to cut them some slack, even the unwashed, for the benefit of the children.
      Good post. This ref baiter/hater has given all of us some keen insight on what it is like to live as a stupid person.

Comment

Yes - the experts and commentators that are paid to inform and educate, and who know the game very well, use common terms like "handball." Yet the elitist refs on a silly website with a few dozen people reading get all high and mighty about calling it "handling" and talking down their noses at the ignorant unwashed masses here. What a bunch of snobby douches. Make sure you get to that U12 match on some cow pasture in East Nowheresville and make sure everyone sees how well you know the LOTG.
        I don't care what people call it. The annoying part is the expectation of too many people that the infraction occurs any time the ball comes in contact with arm/hand. In my experience the majority of contact incidents are not handling.

- Cujo

Comment

I don't care what people call it. The annoying part is the expectation of too many people that the infraction occurs any time the ball comes in contact with arm/hand. In my experience the majority of contact incidents are not handling.

- Cujo
          I agree. Equally annoying is the referee that doesn't apply a consistent standard throughout the match.

Comment

I agree. Equally annoying is the referee that doesn't apply a consistent standard throughout the match.
            Right on point. The worse offenders are the refs who see themselves more as a judge than a referee. They'll defend a ref's right to make a judgement call but then won't face ANY criticism because in their minds everyone else is stupid and don't know the rules of the game. They lump everyone from newbie town soccer parent to college coaches into the same bucket and simply refuse to believe that anyone might have a differnt judgement call that is valid. In the end with these types of officials the games are about them and the game itself suffers as a result.

Comment

Right on point. The worse offenders are the refs who see themselves more as a judge than a referee. They'll defend a ref's right to make a judgement call but then won't face ANY criticism because in their minds everyone else is stupid and don't know the rules of the game. They lump everyone from newbie town soccer parent to college coaches into the same bucket and simply refuse to believe that anyone might have a differnt judgement call that is valid. In the end with these types of officials the games are about them and the game itself suffers as a result.
              What in god's name are you talking about? All officiating in EVERY sport is about JUDGING. You are making a judgment about what you see. It is the fundamental basis for all sports. More specifically when talking about handling it comes down to this. Do I judge that the contact with the ball was "deliberate". Sure hand to ball is part of the standard but that doesn't cover everything. The point that is being made here is that there are too many coaches, players, and spectators that think any time a ball comes into contact with arm or hand that a foul should be called. Far from it.

Really perplexed about your statements that "anyone might have a differnt (sic) judgement (sic) call that is valid". OK so you diagree with the call. So what? I watch 20 athletic events every week. I disagree with some of the calls officials make. Am I supposed to contact the EPL and voice my displeasure and ask my cable company for a refund?

Let's call it like it is here. As a spectator at a youth game you have no standing regarding the game. Nobody cares what you think about anything that is going on - other that your more likely than not embarrassed spouse and the other spectators that you make uncomfortable with your blathering.

I have done over a thousand games and yes I make mistakes and I misjudge situations. But never because I don't understand the laws. I don't do make up calls and I learn from mistakes I make and try not to repeat them. More importantly I am not afraid to make tough calls in key junctures of the game that are going to aggravate one teams fans.

- Cujo

Comment

They are talking about idiots like you Cujo.

Comment

They are talking about idiots like you Cujo.
                  If have never seen me officiate a game then your post is irrelevant. I am not the best but I am damn good.

- Cujo

Comment

If have never seen me officiate a game then your post is irrelevant. I am not the best but I am damn good.

- Cujo
                    You are incapable of assessing yourself honestly. Science proves that you think you are better than other refs. Pretty much explains the arrogance and dismissive nature of most soccer refs.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0409091107.htm

Comment

- Cujo
                      Not only have I seen you ref but I also saw you coach. You not nearly as good at either as you seem to think.

Comment

Not only have I seen you ref but I also saw you coach. You not nearly as good at either as you seem to think.
                        Well now, I am not cujo, but you sparked my curiosity. Just what are your credentials that allows you to assess the performance of a Referee ?

Comment

Sure you did. Name when and where.

Comment

Well now, I am not cujo, but you sparked my curiosity. Just what are your credentials that allows you to assess the performance of a Referee ?
                            Here we go again. Is this the only "referees" can judge refereeing nonsense again?

Only soccer refs try and roll out this logic over and over.

"Soccer refereeing is such an art form and so mystical that no one could ever begin to understand how hard it is and how special those that attempt to master its complexities must be".

Does anyone else try to undermine their detractors in this manner? Ridiculous.

Comment

Here we go again. Is this the only "referees" can judge refereeing nonsense again?
                              LOL it sure is!

Comment

You are incapable of assessing yourself honestly. Science proves that you think you are better than other refs. Pretty much explains the arrogance and dismissive nature of most soccer refs.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0409091107.htm
                                Science has proven that my assessors were wrong? How? Where?

- Cujo

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X