Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    P.S. Most pro players are poorly educated because being a professional soccer player and college do not mix.
    So what's your excuse?

Comment

You are just a polyanna. You do realize that you are dealing with an extreme subset of the overall population, correct? In my kids rising junior class of about 400, pending tryouts, there are about 12-15 varsity soccer players across both sexes and even less playing high level club. You also realize that countless studies have shown that atheltic kids score well above the mean and have enhanced careers, especially girls, right?

No one wants to hear you yapping at work that Polyana Jr. got an A on her science test. That's not how it works. You are an excessively disingenuous person with that pisspoor and resentful attitude of yours. Good luck with your child rearing. Hope they stay out of trouble.
      Extreme subsets? Excessively disingenuous? You're trying way too hard. Stick to the pisspoors and polyannas, they suit you more.

Comment

The future of U.S. Soccer may be the 1,000,000,000,000th item on my list of concerns for the future.

Soccer is a game. I love watching my kids play. I tolerate the B.S. from parents and coaches. I come here to laugh.

Soccer is a game. My kids won't play professionally. Your kids won't play professionally. The vast majority of kids won't play past high school.

Soccer is a game. The club you play for doesn't matter. The team you play for isn't the most important thing. The friends you make and the lessons you learn make the difference.

Soccer is game. It's not worth gnashing your teeth over. It's not worth all the angst.

If your kids don't realize that soccer is a game then you've snatched what's beautiful about soccer from them and made it a job. Nice work.

Soccer is a game.
        A far more healthy outlook than a solid majority of the insane adults I've come across over the past several years in particular. It's getting worse and worse. Most parents come around eventually though, if not sooner than the time their kid is nearly out of the game, then around the time their own kid's values about playing begin to take over, instead of when it was transparently all about the parent. The parents of the younger players, the ones first entering a competitive environment, those are the worst. It's all about them and their vicarious living.

Comment

You also realize that countless studies have shown that atheltic kids score well above the mean and have enhanced careers, especially girls, right?
          Source please? If you're claiming rich athletic girls that play soccer marry other rich guys then I'm buying it. It's why the divorce rate is 50%.

Comment

Hey dippy, the USMNT aint playing just for fun. They are all professionals who do not give a crap about you, your kid or how they feel. It is not a game to them. It is their job and some if not most of them get paid a ton to do it. The USMNT has sucked for this entire tournament and I am sure they are all pretty pissed about it. JK needs to figure this one out quick because WC qualifying starts pretty soon.

Go pet your kitten if you think competitive soccer on the World stage is about making friends and life lessons. You are a narcissistic dink for even posting this drivel.

P.S. Most pro players are poorly educated because being a professional soccer player and college do not mix.
            Again, a complete misreading of the message. Refers back to my educational posit.
            The OP is sharing his thoughts on the entire structure of soccer in the US, not just the MNT.
            And your PS shows an utter lack of awareness as to who or where a professional in the US originates. The dominating majority of MLS players who are not foreign signings have indeed played in college as the MLS draft will demonstrate.
            They have also come through the ranks of the club scene. The failure of our national program is directly linked to the clubs inability to do much more than cash cheques, despite the hype they all sell. Your inability to see that is concerning, but again, probably based on the fact that you know more about your kid's coach than their teachers'.
            It is just a game for 99.99%.
            And I do look good in the mirror...

Comment

You are just a polyanna. You do realize that you are dealing with an extreme subset of the overall population, correct? In my kids rising junior class of about 400, pending tryouts, there are about 12-15 varsity soccer players across both sexes and even less playing high level club. You also realize that countless studies have shown that atheltic kids score well above the mean and have enhanced careers, especially girls, right?

No one wants to hear you yapping at work that Polyana Jr. got an A on her science test. That's not how it works. You are an excessively disingenuous person with that pisspoor and resentful attitude of yours. Good luck with your child rearing. Hope they stay out of trouble.
              Please illuminate where "the pisspoor and resentful attitude" of my post occurs?
              Is it due to my belief that club system has devolved into a money making machine that provides virtually no evidence of success?
              Or is because I believe that you spend more time at soccer practice than at school functions?
              And your subset example of 12-15 players in a class of 400 makes it extremely difficult to field a squad. Is it a coeducational league in which they play?

Comment

Again, a complete misreading of the message. Refers back to my educational posit.
                The OP is sharing his thoughts on the entire structure of soccer in the US, not just the MNT.
                And your PS shows an utter lack of awareness as to who or where a professional in the US originates. The dominating majority of MLS players who are not foreign signings have indeed played in college as the MLS draft will demonstrate.
                They have also come through the ranks of the club scene. The failure of our national program is directly linked to the clubs inability to do much more than cash cheques, despite the hype they all sell. Your inability to see that is concerning, but again, probably based on the fact that you know more about your kid's coach than their teachers'.
                It is just a game for 99.99%.
                And I do look good in the mirror...
                Ironic that your despite your educational musings your post has a typo in the first sentence. Kind of deflates your message. Interesting that you spelled "cheques" the way you did. Lemme guess, you are not from here and you want to get on your soapbox regarding how the club scene is a scam and you are dreaming of the "beautiful game" and how you learned it on the playground with no uniforms, no coaches, no parents and just playing for the love of the game. Cue the sappy music......

The club scene has been great for my kids. They all started fairly young and have progressed based on ability and desire. I have never been sold any hype, not once. NEVER has a coach talked about scholarships other than to say they are exceedingly rare. If anything the coaches have bent over backwards to make sure that people are not being misled about expectations. What it has done is separate the kids who want to practice hard and take the game more seriously from the pretenders who want to practice when they want and show up for games when it suits their schedule.

And if your metric is that you must be in the top .001 in anything in order for it to be worthwhile, you might as well quit life. If you took the same attitude toward any activity or even education, people would never attempt anything. It is a moronic argument. If you want to play recreation, for "fun only" soccer it is readily available. Any town in MA has a recreation department, and recreation teams and are likely looking for coaches in any given year. Go get em tiger, go teach the beautiful game.

Comment

And who was at the middle of it all?? An American who has no clue about soccer..just like the guy who started the post.The Mexican and south American commentator on the Spanish network was saying Panama should have walked off the field for the horrific job the center ref was doing.
                  How sporting.

Why is it not understood that the LOTG do not allow dissent ?

If you have a problem with the decisions of the Referee , change the LOTG.

That's the CIVILIZED approach.

Comment

Please illuminate where "the pisspoor and resentful attitude" of my post occurs?
                    Is it due to my belief that club system has devolved into a money making machine that provides virtually no evidence of success?
                    Or is because I believe that you spend more time at soccer practice than at school functions?
                    And your subset example of 12-15 players in a class of 400 makes it extremely difficult to field a squad. Is it a coeducational league in which they play?
                    In America, High Schools have 4 classes, spanning grades 9-12, and commonly referred to as: Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors.

Comment

Ironic that your despite your educational musings your post has a typo in the first sentence. Kind of deflates your message. Interesting that you spelled "cheques" the way you did. Lemme guess, you are not from here and you want to get on your soapbox regarding how the club scene is a scam and you are dreaming of the "beautiful game" and how you learned it on the playground with no uniforms, no coaches, no parents and just playing for the love of the game. Cue the sappy music......

The club scene has been great for my kids. They all started fairly young and have progressed based on ability and desire. I have never been sold any hype, not once. NEVER has a coach talked about scholarships other than to say they are exceedingly rare. If anything the coaches have bent over backwards to make sure that people are not being misled about expectations. What it has done is separate the kids who want to practice hard and take the game more seriously from the pretenders who want to practice when they want and show up for games when it suits their schedule.

And if your metric is that you must be in the top .001 in anything in order for it to be worthwhile, you might as well quit life. If you took the same attitude toward any activity or even education, people would never attempt anything. It is a moronic argument. If you want to play recreation, for "fun only" soccer it is readily available. Any town in MA has a recreation department, and recreation teams and are likely looking for coaches in any given year. Go get em tiger, go teach the beautiful game.
                      Typo? Where?
                      No, my metric is that for 99.99%, it is just a game. The remaining .01% may prefer to call it a profession.
                      I'm not sure what you call it?

Comment

... for 99.99%, it is just a game. The remaining .01% may prefer to call it a profession.
                        Fact. Not opinion. And someone should even crunch the numbers on pay-co-host for players thru high school and then beyond. For the vast majority, they're just paying exponentially more than town for the same result.

Comment

Why do posters think they have any credibility when they declare anything about the abilities or future of reader's children? You don't know me or my children and you can't, with any confidence or validity make any statements about their motives, ability, mentality or potential achievements.

One simply sounds unintelligent and incredibly pompous when taking a position that all parents of kids participating in the highest levels of youth soccer are delusional as to their children's abilities and potential future in the sport. My conclusion is that you harbor feelings of inadequacy regarding yourself and/ or your children that has prompted your attempt to diminish those of us who support our children and the children themselves as they pursue levels of achievement that yours, who are "contributors" to their teams can't imagine.

Comment

A typo??? You dumb-dumb, do your homework!!!!!!!!

Comment

Typo? Where?
                              No, my metric is that for 99.99%, it is just a game. The remaining .01% may prefer to call it a profession.
                              I'm not sure what you call it?
                              What is a "posit"? Happy to be your grammar coach, Mr. Education.

Comment

What is a "posit"? Happy to be your grammar coach, Mr. Education.
                                Posit- to postulate, to put forward an idea that may prove to be true.
                                Your mastery of grammar resembles that of many self-professed masters of club soccer coaching...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X