Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Now there's a third "state cup" tournament

http://the-cup.org/

Interesting format though ... blind draws, no seedings, one-and-done
    Shark jumped.

Comment

Go home club soccer, you're drunk.

Comment

It's just a glorified club-sponsored multi-week tournament with no real honors or accolades. I'm sure teams from other states will jump on the chance to travel for more games jammed into their already packed schedules.

Comment

It's just a glorified club-sponsored multi-week tournament with no real honors or accolades. I'm sure teams from other states will jump on the chance to travel for more games jammed into their already packed schedules.
          I think its a great idea. It allows any team from any league to compete against each other. I hope there is statewide support. There is an EDP Open cup that is somewhat successful. The schedules are not packed at all. 7 game for NEP during the spring with a tournament here and there is far from packed.

Comment

I think its a great idea. It allows any team from any league to compete against each other. I hope there is statewide support. There is an EDP Open cup that is somewhat successful. The schedules are not packed at all. 7 game for NEP during the spring with a tournament here and there is far from packed.
            At best you'll get in-state teams. Teams from other states already have their own leagues and own state cups to compete for and are unlikely to travel any distance. Higher level clubs won't be interested so the competition will be even more watered down than it is for "real" cup competitions. I have three kids playing and in-season there are many weekends with two games per kid. Throw in some bad weather and teams are scrambling to get games finished.

Comment

Whether you're playing the role of sycophant or actually have a vested interested, that fell way short of compelling.

At some point, I'm hoping these people find some shame and stop embarrassing themselves in the pursuit of business.

Mark my words, you'll see some revision in message beefing up "fun" and "development" and "competition." And yes, it will be dropping with disingenuousness.

Comment

I also think the idea has merit depending on the variety of clubs involved. Also there needs to be flexibity to schedule these games around existing schedules

Comment

More tournaments. Yes, youth soccer definitely needs more tournaments.

Comment

More tournaments. Yes, youth soccer definitely needs more tournaments.
                    I would agree with you that we don't need more tournaments especially in the winter or over holidays. However it looks like this cup/competition/tournament is held over a full season and if you lose you are done

Comment

I would agree with you that we don't need more tournaments especially in the winter or over holidays. However it looks like this cup/competition/tournament is held over a full season and if you lose you are done
                      I agree, and if all the biggest teams in NPL, NEP and Maple would participate it could finally answer "some" questions. However I'm guessing there still will be a lot of dodging. Not good for business if a "Goliath" loses to a perceived "David" from a perceived weaker league. I'd like to see it embraced fully though. Could definitely make for some fun TS fodder )

Comment

I agree, and if all the biggest teams in NPL, NEP and Maple would participate it could finally answer "some" questions.
                        Yeah, that might happen.

Because until now, of course, this great mystery in the soccer world has gone unsolved because no one meant for it to happen nor was able to future out how to solve it. And certainly that's what "The Cup" is really trying to do.

Zzzzzzzz.

Comment

Nobody's going to enter the cup except the FC Boston teams.

Scorpion Bowl died, this is their chance to run something else.

Revenue is all this is about.

Comment

exactly, how can we screw the people this year

Comment

Nobody's going to enter the cup except the FC Boston teams.

Scorpion Bowl died, this is their chance to run something else.

Revenue is all this is about.
                              Winner winner chicken dinner. Run something else with more teams than inches of snow.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X