Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    his main purpose the last 15 minutes was to head the ball in from long balls- what are the odds of that happening. Ditto for Gordon. What kind of strategy is that?!
    We have no better forwards than Gordon and Wondo?

Comment

We have no better forwards than Gordon and Wondo?
      Like Altidore?

Comment

I am not a big Beckerman. But to be fair, I think he is doing exactly what JK wants him to do, which is play defense and get rid of the ball quickly
        Just looks like he needs shower.

Comment

Ah I only watched highlights so I didn't know the free kick was his foul.

In regards to the wall, It doesn't matter how he sets that up, the ball was well whipped over the wall and had the pace to beat BG, I give more credit to the goal scorer for a wonderful free kick than I do to a so called "poorly made" wall.

First goal, I cannot fathom why he's blamed him. The forward is marked between two defenders, that's a fairly flat bullet throw, difficult to get out to so the correct decision was made to stay. That goal has to be put on the defenders. The point of a long throw generally isn't to score on the first header so for the defenders to allow him to get his head around it for a fairly well placed ball is very poor. Might another keeper have saved that? Possibly, but I don't blame Guzan for that one.
          The issue was that Guzan initially made a move out on initial throw. He then had to shuffle back into position and then dive backwards.

A case can be made that if he didn't get sucked out of position by indecision he would have been in better position to tip the ultimate header

Comment

I am not a big Beckerman. But to be fair, I think he is doing exactly what JK wants him to do, which is play defense and get rid of the ball quickly
            Another player we should stick a fork in. He will not be even in consideration for Russia in 2018. Where is all our young talent?

Comment

Another player we should stick a fork in. He will not be even in consideration for Russia in 2018. Where is all our young talent?
              According to t/s, they all play for the valeo u12 boys.

Comment

According to t/s, they all play for the valeo u12 boys.
                They probably wont be ready for Russia but hope springs eternal for 2022

Comment

U.S. needs to assess the talent pool they have. Currently they are no viable option other than Clint D. The rest are horrible at best. Bite our tongues and start training the U14 team and see if we can select players that have the technical skills and soccer IQ to match the rest of the world. Getting beat by a country of less than 3 millions is huminilating. No excuses.
                  We need more poor kids. Poor kids are the answer.

Comment

We need more poor kids. Poor kids are the answer.
                    As GG said

Give me guys that are poor, smart, hungry - and no feelings. You win a few, you lose a few, but you keep on fighting.

And if you need a friend, get a dog. It's trench warfare out there pal.

Comment

If the Final 6 in WC Qualifying is the US, Mexico, Panama, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Haiti, the US may not make it to Russia
                      Well, you don't need to worry about that being the Hex because Panama, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Haiti will all end up in the same group prior to the Hex (assuming of course that Haiti and Jamaica advance to the fourth round, which they should).

3rd Round home and home aggregate series:
                      Curacao vs. El Salvador
                      Canada vs. Belize
                      Grenada vs. Haiti
                      Jamaica vs. Nicaragua
                      St. Vincent and the Grenadines vs. Aruba
                      Antigua and Barbuda vs. Guatemala

4th round - round robin format, top two in each group advance
                      Group A: Mexico , Honduras, Curacao/El Salvador, Canada/Belize
                      Group B: Costa Rica, Panama, Grenada/Haiti, Jamaica/Nicaragua
                      Group C: United States, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Vincent/Aruba, Antigua/Guatemala

Final round - the Hex
                      Got to figure US, T&T, Mexico and probably Honduras make the Hex - although maybe Canada or El Salvador could nip a spot. The group of death in round 4 is Group B - picking the top 2 for that group is a toss up. Gee, how did the US & Mexico get such an easy path to the Hex, I wonder?

If the US can't finish top 3 in the Hex, or at least make it to the 4th place spot and the playoff with Asia...well, that would be just sad.

Comment

Well, you don't need to worry about that being the Hex because Panama, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Haiti will all end up in the same group prior to the Hex (assuming of course that Haiti and Jamaica advance to the fourth round, which they should).

3rd Round home and home aggregate series:
                        Curacao vs. El Salvador
                        Canada vs. Belize
                        Grenada vs. Haiti
                        Jamaica vs. Nicaragua
                        St. Vincent and the Grenadines vs. Aruba
                        Antigua and Barbuda vs. Guatemala

4th round - round robin format, top two in each group advance
                        Group A: Mexico , Honduras, Curacao/El Salvador, Canada/Belize
                        Group B: Costa Rica, Panama, Grenada/Haiti, Jamaica/Nicaragua
                        Group C: United States, Trinidad and Tobago, St. Vincent/Aruba, Antigua/Guatemala

Final round - the Hex
                        Got to figure US, T&T, Mexico and probably Honduras make the Hex - although maybe Canada or El Salvador could nip a spot. The group of death in round 4 is Group B - picking the top 2 for that group is a toss up. Gee, how did the US & Mexico get such an easy path to the Hex, I wonder?

If the US can't finish top 3 in the Hex, or at least make it to the 4th place spot and the playoff with Asia...well, that would be just sad.
                        The fix is in. Fox wanted to make sure the US qualifies

Comment

Putin and Blatter continue to be chums...How can FIFA continue to let Russia have the WC, let alone Qatar, when there is overwhelming evidence of enormous bribes?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...0074ba5a4cba4?

Comment

Wondolowski is not only on the roster, but he started yesterday. Just one example.
                            Jurgen seems like a good man, but he is an awful evaluator of soccer skill. And a worse teacher of soccer skills.
                            It is tough to get excited about watching our national team. And that stinks.

Comment

anyone else getting blitzed with malicious pop up's from this site?

Comment

Wondolowski is not only on the roster, but he started yesterday. Just one example.
                                Jurgen seems like a good man, but he is an awful evaluator of soccer skill. And a worse teacher of soccer skills.
                                It is tough to get excited about watching our national team. And that stinks.
                                And just what would you have Jurgen do?
                                His talent pool is limited at best-who has he overlooked?
                                As for skills training, is it not the job of our esteemed club system at the younger ages to provide that aspect?
                                The argument is waiting to be made that all the club system has accomplished in the last 10 years is feeding themselves.
                                How is Jamaica's club system and DAP academy program working?
                                Oh wait, they're a poor country full of poor people who have to train in poor facilities.
                                Soccer is truly a game for the poor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X