Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm very confused here, how were both goals Jamaica scored goalkeeping errors?
    The second goal, BG was called for handling the ball just outside the 18. As he threw the ball, his hand was outside the box before he released it. I don't think I have ever seen that called before. on the first goal, it is arguable he should have either come off the line to attack the cross; or stay put and be ready for a header. it was a tough play

Comment

a few ideas to kick around. or if your brad guzan, maybe they go over your head. or you don't step off your line to discuss....

late reaction time, slow off his line, failed to command the 18, mental errors, missed the ball, too short, misjudged the wall, played scared.
      it was a weak wall

Comment

The second goal, BG was called for handling the ball just outside the 18. As he threw the ball, his hand was outside the box before he released it. I don't think I have ever seen that called before. on the first goal, it is arguable he should have either come off the line to attack the cross; or stay put and be ready for a header. it was a tough play
        Just because it is rarely called doesn't mean that it was the wrong call. Good officiating and poor decision by bg

Comment

Before the ball was played he was already off his line. Two defenders were on the forward . All brad had to do was worry about a header flick into the goal area. Poor judgment.

Comment

If the Final 6 in WC Qualifying is the US, Mexico, Panama, Jamaica, Costa Rica and Haiti, the US may not make it to Russia
            Klinsmann really has his work cut out for him.

Comment

it was a weak wall

Who is in charge of setting up the wall? That wall you describe as weak?

It's the goalie. That keeper who is on his post, screaming at players, and demanding them to step left/right and get tight.

So if you say it was a weak wall, you admit that Goozer failed to do his job. Again. After stepping out of the box for that hand ball (however unique the call may have been).

We don't need Howard back...we just need somebody better than The Gooze.

Comment

The last 15 - 20 minutes all they did was try long balls. Absolutely no attempt to string together more than two passes. And this is against Jamaica. Which has about as many people as Rhode Island
                True. It seemed like they were physically and mentally down . Jamaica wore them out. I was very impressed with the fitness and level of play of the reggae boys.

Comment

Klinsmann really has his work cut out for him.
                  JK, the ultimate con man, will get a raise and an extension on his contract as coach and player development. Planning for 2022 in Qatar

Comment

U.S. needs to assess the talent pool they have. Currently they are no viable option other than Clint D. The rest are horrible at best. Bite our tongues and start training the U14 team and see if we can select players that have the technical skills and soccer IQ to match the rest of the world. Getting beat by a country of less than 3 millions is huminilating. No excuses.
                    Our lack of talent is frightening. Our back line is a sieve. And why the consistent infatuation with players like John Brooks. HE CANT PLAY!! He is like Tony Sanneh and Gooch over the last 10 years. Great physical specimen but is not a soccer player

Comment

Who is in charge of setting up the wall? That wall you describe as weak?

It's the goalie. That keeper who is on his post, screaming at players, and demanding them to step left/right and get tight.

So if you say it was a weak wall, you admit that Goozer failed to do his job. Again. After stepping out of the box for that hand ball (however unique the call may have been).

We don't need Howard back...we just need somebody better than The Gooze.
                      The outside the box handling call is something you see with young keepers still learning the game. It should never happen at that level. TH kept us in the mix in many of the last WC games. Compare that to the WNT where Solo hardly even touched the ball. If you have a weak defensive line with many shots of goal even the best keeper might not save the game, but a weak keeper will guarantee it

Comment

Our lack of talent is frightening. Our back line is a sieve. And why the consistent infatuation with players like John Brooks. HE CANT PLAY!! He is like Tony Sanneh and Gooch over the last 10 years. Great physical specimen but is not a soccer player
                        and what's up with Beckerman? the guys runs like he has a load in his pants. That's the best we can do in all of the US?

Comment

and what's up with Beckerman? the guys runs like he has a load in his pants. That's the best we can do in all of the US?
                          I am not a big Beckerman. But to be fair, I think he is doing exactly what JK wants him to do, which is play defense and get rid of the ball quickly

Comment

Ah I only watched highlights so I didn't know the free kick was his foul.

In regards to the wall, It doesn't matter how he sets that up, the ball was well whipped over the wall and had the pace to beat BG, I give more credit to the goal scorer for a wonderful free kick than I do to a so called "poorly made" wall.

First goal, I cannot fathom why he's blamed him. The forward is marked between two defenders, that's a fairly flat bullet throw, difficult to get out to so the correct decision was made to stay. That goal has to be put on the defenders. The point of a long throw generally isn't to score on the first header so for the defenders to allow him to get his head around it for a fairly well placed ball is very poor. Might another keeper have saved that? Possibly, but I don't blame Guzan for that one.

Comment

JK, the ultimate con man, will get a raise and an extension on his contract as coach and player development. Planning for 2022 in Qatar
                              Put Dewhurst, the Bradley boys, and whoever is in favor at NEFC, in charge and we will win 2018.
                              Isn't that what they tell all the cheque signers?
                              Wonder how advanced the Jamaican club scene is? Do they pay thousands to play?
                              Do they train on turf or sand?
                              So much for all the whiners about how expensive soccer has become and how we don't attract inner-city and the poor, lonely and destitute. Jamaica seems to have it figured out.
                              Muuuaaaaahhhhaaaa!

Comment

his main purpose the last 15 minutes was to head the ball in from long balls- what are the odds of that happening. Ditto for Gordon. What kind of strategy is that?!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X