X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    STFU Perspective!!!

Nobody but you gives a rat's a ss about your posts.

Quit taking up space in what has been a reasonable discussion until you once again insert your hysterics.
    Now, now, asking BTNT to explain his illogical rants is an attempt to further the alleged "discussion."

Comment

Now, now, asking BTNT to explain his illogical rants is an attempt to further the alleged "discussion."
      Once again, a swing and a miss. Let's keep the discussion on track instead of going off on this stupid tangent shall we?

Comment

Once again, a swing and a miss. Let's keep the discussion on track instead of going off on this stupid tangent shall we?
        Right on as it's such a riveting discussion...

Comment

Wow, BTDT (It is you, btw, right? As always, here we are again.) You get yourself more confused and twisted as you go long.

The analogy with ISL was that if you have talent and don't need an elite club team to make it then if you are smart you don't need an ISL to make it. So if you advise against the former why wouldn't you also advise against the latter.

As far as IMG, isn't that just the type of environment you've been demanding? A special place for special players all appropriately dedicated to the same ambitions?

You also have this ongoing assumption that parents that must be dumb to engage in some of these things always remain dumb. If I sent a kid to Shattuck and she didn't get to play or wasn't advancing in your special way I'd probably bring her back to public school (where all my kids went anyway).

Also, where did you see me ever defend Shattuck or IMG? I've never opined about either one way or the other. And where did you get the idea that I'm an advocate for putting all players in the same pot?

You're a mess, BTNT.
          The fact that thousands of Ivy league admits each year come from "lesser" (TIC :) )educational institutions like public schools is all the proof you should need that no one actually NEEDS an expensive prep school like an ISL to make it to an elite academic level college. Sure going to a prep school like an ISL certainly can help one's academic prowess but only provided one has the actual intellect to be able to take advantage of the benefits. Most people actually would say that means getting into an elite college. A lot of what you seem to be defending would be akin to paying the freight for a elite prep school and then choosing a vocational institute to become an auto mechanic. It might produce a great mechanic but it certainly wasn't the end result most others on the same path were focused on.

Personally I think places like IMG and Shattuck are stupid because if one has the soccer talent one doesn't actually need any of those trappings to get to another level as long as one is willing to do the work. All places like that really offer a truly talented player is a training structure and a level of intensity that may help them reach their potential. My experience has been that even if one has the potential to be great if one needs all of those sorts of external forces to bring it out one is never going to be great simply because it typically means that the internal drive is really not there and it is that internal drive that actually makes players great.

Comment

Right on as it's such a riveting discussion...
            Then go to another thread if you don't like this one.

Comment

Wow, BTDT (It is you, btw, right? As always, here we are again.) You get yourself more confused and twisted as you go long.

The analogy with ISL was that if you have talent and don't need an elite club team to make it then if you are smart you don't need an ISL to make it. So if you advise against the former why wouldn't you also advise against the latter.

As far as IMG, isn't that just the type of environment you've been demanding? A special place for special players all appropriately dedicated to the same ambitions?

You also have this ongoing assumption that parents that must be dumb to engage in some of these things always remain dumb. If I sent a kid to Shattuck and she didn't get to play or wasn't advancing in your special way I'd probably bring her back to public school (where all my kids went anyway).

Also, where did you see me ever defend Shattuck or IMG? I've never opined about either one way or the other. And where did you get the idea that I'm an advocate for putting all players in the same pot?

You're a mess, BTNT.
              The funny thing about this post is the poster clearly forget that he jumped in using his CUJO personality and that the CUJO personality has some baggage that was earnestly gotten through thousands of posts over many years.

Comment

The funny thing about this post is the poster clearly forget that he jumped in using his CUJO personality and that the CUJO personality has some baggage that was earnestly gotten through thousands of posts over many years.
                More ridiculousness BTDT. Did you forget that you accused I guess P of arguing for Shattuck and IMG, and they you say he was mimicking Cujo? Cujo would NEVER argue for those places. You can't seem to write even one post that has internal coherence.

Comment

The fact that thousands of Ivy league admits each year come from "lesser" (TIC :) )educational institutions like public schools is all the proof you should need that no one actually NEEDS an expensive prep school like an ISL to make it to an elite academic level college. Sure going to a prep school like an ISL certainly can help one's academic prowess but only provided one has the actual intellect to be able to take advantage of the benefits. Most people actually would say that means getting into an elite college. A lot of what you seem to be defending would be akin to paying the freight for a elite prep school and then choosing a vocational institute to become an auto mechanic. It might produce a great mechanic but it certainly wasn't the end result most others on the same path were focused on.

Personally I think places like IMG and Shattuck are stupid because if one has the soccer talent one doesn't actually need any of those trappings to get to another level as long as one is willing to do the work. All places like that really offer a truly talented player is a training structure and a level of intensity that may help them reach their potential. My experience has been that even if one has the potential to be great if one needs all of those sorts of external forces to bring it out one is never going to be great simply because it typically means that the internal drive is really not there and it is that internal drive that actually makes players great.
                  BTNT, if not even the elite need those extra, specialized trappings then why are you constantly railing against the current environment? I thought you wanted less dilution and more special, special treatment???

And why did you send your kid to an ISL??? She clearly didn't NEED it?

Comment

Yeah, right, BTDT hasn't been posting in this thread today. And what does on track mean, BTDT? What "discussion" do you think we were in???

Comment

BTNT, if not even the elite need those extra, specialized trappings then why are you constantly railing against the current environment? I thought you wanted less dilution and more special, special treatment???

And why did you send your kid to an ISL??? She clearly didn't NEED it?
                      You really aren't that stupid are you? I'm not reading anywhere that anyone has said that an ISL education isn't a good one. I don't know this for sure but do you honestly think he is spending all that much for that ISL education? My bet is he isn't so if someone offered you ISL level education for next to nothing, wouldn't you take it? Just because someone sends their kid to an ISL school doesn't mean that it was a necessary part of the game plan. My bet is there are a lot of colleges that would take his kid regardless of what her grades and SAT scores are so there is probably a lot of value added type thinking behind their choices. It is not like she won't use that education if the rumors of her going to Duke are true.

Comment

More ridiculousness BTDT. Did you forget that you accused I guess P of arguing for Shattuck and IMG, and they you say he was mimicking Cujo? Cujo would NEVER argue for those places. You can't seem to write even one post that has internal coherence.
                        Too funny. Talk about fictional writing. It's obvious that you are falling all over yourself trying to keep the nuances of your character's personalities straight.

Comment

...Sure going to a prep school like an ISL certainly can help one's academic prowess but only provided one has the actual intellect to be able to take advantage of the benefits. Most people actually would say that means getting into an elite college. A lot of what you seem to be defending would be akin to paying the freight for a elite prep school and then choosing a vocational institute to become an auto mechanic. It might produce a great mechanic but it certainly wasn't the end result most others on the same path were focused on....
                          Very odd, BTNT. This is in essence what you dictated for one of you own kids. Or maybe you're now publicly acknowledging how much of a waste of time, energy, and monetary investment that path was. You'd be wrong about that, too--had you allowed your kid to go to a college at her level of "academic prowess."

Talk about swinging and missing.

Comment

Yeah, right, BTDT hasn't been posting in this thread today. And what does on track mean, BTDT? What "discussion" do you think we were in???
                            Don't think anyone is saying that he isn't just that your constant efforts to peg every single post on him are resulting in incorrect assumptions that are coloring the discussion in way that is counter productive to keeping the discussion on track. No different from the guy who is trying to link Perspective and Cujo together. It creates a false narrative.

Comment

Don't think anyone is saying that he isn't just that your constant efforts to peg every single post on him are resulting in incorrect assumptions that are coloring the discussion in way that is counter productive to keeping the discussion on track. No different from the guy who is trying to link Perspective and Cujo together. It creates a false narrative.
                              You are nuts. Cujo and Perspective are one in the same.

Comment

Very odd, BTNT. This is in essence what you dictated for one of you own kids. Or maybe you're now publicly acknowledging how much of a waste of time, energy, and monetary investment that path was. You'd be wrong about that, too--had you allowed your kid to go to a college at her level of "academic prowess."

Talk about swinging and missing.
                                Were you the kid's guidance councilor? How would you actually know what any kid other than your own's academic prowess was? Fools like you certainly like to project a whole lot based upon nothing but rumor an innuendo. It is half of what is wrong with club soccer. Way too many people follow the flock instead of doing their own research and their own thinking.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X