Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Not that simple. Ivy league is D1 in soccer and has no athletic scholarships.
    lol.

When you have the kind of endowments that the Ivy League schools have, you don't NEED to offer athletic scholarships. You can instead play by your own rules and offer "need-based" and "merit" scholarships to those who wouldn't normally receive that kind of aid from other schools.

Comment

lol.

When you have the kind of endowments that the Ivy League schools have, you don't NEED to offer athletic scholarships. You can instead play by your own rules and offer "need-based" and "merit" scholarships to those who wouldn't normally receive that kind of aid from other schools.
      The Ivies also don't offer merit scholarships.

Comment

My daughter is a jr and is looking for a Colloge with both high level of soccer and high level of education. What do people know and think about the patriot legue schools? Holy cross, Bucknell, Colgate I thought did not offer athletic scholorships but recently BU joined and won patriot league and I know they do!
        Holy Cross Women's Soccer is fully funded for athletic scholarships. I can't speak to the other PL schools, but I'd guess that most are as well if not all of them. Academically, most of the PL are strong schools with the possible exception of Loyola who recently joined the PL along with BU. Loyola is improving, but isn't at the same level as BU, Bucknell, HC, Colgate, Navy, Army etc.

Comment

lol.

Moreover, this makes absolutely no sense. The cost of a scholarship is the same regardless of what it's called.

Comment

The Ivies also don't offer merit scholarships.
            They most certainly offer academic merit scholarships. They do not offer athletic scholarships - but that's in name only. As I said, when you have the kind of money the Ivies have (actually HYP have - the rest aren't in the same league financially speaking) you have a lot more latitude.

Comment

They most certainly offer academic merit scholarships. They do not offer athletic scholarships - but that's in name only. As I said, when you have the kind of money the Ivies have (actually HYP have - the rest aren't in the same league financially speaking) you have a lot more latitude.
              False. Ivy scholarships are based on financial need.

The "need" maybe more generously defined then other schools. This is particularly true for families with $100,000 to $200,000 in income and families with multiple children in school.

NH

Comment

Does patriot league offer scholarships?

Your D also might want to look into Atlantic 10 Conference. Specifically Davidson College, George Washington and University of Richmond all compare favorably with the Patriot League. My D (not a soccer player) is at Davidson and likes the school. They play Stanford and Duke women's soccer this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X