Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    He refuses to let his club players play club style. Kick ball all the way.
    I wouldn't say he refuses to let them play a possession style, I've watched games there is little to no coaching or teaching being down on the sidelines, No words of encouragement. I can only imagine how bad the training sessions look.

Comment

Has weymouth fired there Head Coach yet? nothing but mediocrity since they won the south sectional in what? 2009? is Weymouth girls soccer officailly dead?
      Has the girls program really dropped off that much?

Comment

Has the girls program really dropped off that much?
        yes it has become pretty embarrassing over the past 3-4 years. I think its time for a new coach to come in and change the culture of the program. JM started well but that was only because he was handed 9-10 college caliber players. Now that actual coaching is involved he the program has completely collasped. They need a Coach like we have in Braintree in MF great technical coach and motivator always gets the best out of his players

Comment

Has weymouth fired there Head Coach yet? nothing but mediocrity since they won the south sectional in what? 2009? is Weymouth girls soccer officailly dead?
          Other than poor performance, is there any reason to fire the coach?

Comment

yes it has become pretty embarrassing over the past 3-4 years. I think its time for a new coach to come in and change the culture of the program. JM started well but that was only because he was handed 9-10 college caliber players. Now that actual coaching is involved he the program has completely collasped. They need a Coach like we have in Braintree in MF great technical coach and motivator always gets the best out of his players
            If you are from Braintree don't you want a weak Weymouth team year and year out to rack up some wins?

Comment

If you are from Braintree don't you want a weak Weymouth team year and year out to rack up some wins?
              Yes its just sad to see what used to be a good program ruined by a bad coach. Weymouth vs Braintree games used to be some of the best games going back to 2005-2011. Always close 1 goal games with loads of skill on the field. Our girls side has dipped but Weymouth's has dropped to an extreme low

Comment

My daughter graduated a few years ago and it was the worst coaching I have ever seen at that level. Its appalling that the coach still has his Job and yet still has his job as a scorpions coach. Extremely limited as a technical and tactical coach and refuses to take any blame on himself rather puts down the players and kills any and all confidence. I know a few parents who have kids on the team still and they are hoping he resigns or gets fired before the season starts.

With that said whoever steps in will have there hands full with a major clean up and overhaul of the program.

Comment

My daughter graduated a few years ago and it was the worst coaching I have ever seen at that level. Its appalling that the coach still has his Job and yet still has his job as a scorpions coach. Extremely limited as a technical and tactical coach and refuses to take any blame on himself rather puts down the players and kills any and all confidence. I know a few parents who have kids on the team still and they are hoping he resigns or gets fired before the season starts.

With that said whoever steps in will have there hands full with a major clean up and overhaul of the program.
                  So is it just bad talent? or is it the coach? even a great coach can only get so much out of limit talent

Comment

Is it dump on Weymouth girls soccer day today?????

Some kid doesn't get playing time so the coach must not be any good?

What happened to the Natick girls HS coach?

Comment

Weymouth has plenty of talent.

Comment

Natick named their coach yesterday

Comment

Re: natick, a couple of nefc parents had an in and lobbied hard for a change and got it.

Comment

And what prompted the coaching change, someone's kid not getting playing time????

High school soccer and club soccer are the same, the best talent plays as the goal is to win! Club coach you pay for the coaching. High school is a crap shoot, you are representing your town(unless you jump ship and do school choice or go private.)

So the same parents of kids who don't make top club teams complain because their kid isn't on varsity or doesn't get much playing time. Maybe once again it comes down to the kid isn't that good. With high school you have 4 class years to compete with where as with Club you are only competing with your own age group, maybe Mia ought to run cross country!

Comment

And what prompted the coaching change, someone's kid not getting playing time????

High school soccer and club soccer are the same, the best talent plays as the goal is to win! Club coach you pay for the coaching. High school is a crap shoot, you are representing your town(unless you jump ship and do school choice or go private.)

So the same parents of kids who don't make top club teams complain because their kid isn't on varsity or doesn't get much playing time. Maybe once again it comes down to the kid isn't that good. With high school you have 4 class years to compete with where as with Club you are only competing with your own age group, maybe Mia ought to run cross country!
                              Yup. Coach got a raw deal thanks to a few malcontents.

Comment

I don't think in the Weymouth case it has anything to do with kids playing time rather than poor coaching. It's been a well known bad situation around the town for on and off the field issues. I don't see reason for it to improve but do think it will get drastically worse.

Dump on Weymouth girls soccer day is an interesting comment because the program has become so irrelevant that this was the first the program has even been mentioned in the thread. Pretty embarrassing for a program of there size and talent level don't you think?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X