Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS NPL u13 and u15 boys win nationals!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NTX99 View Post
    Not sure what you are referring to as forward looking? It is what it is.
    Amazing insight. Funny, FC Dallas, with all their expedited Homegrown signings, have never won an Supporters Shield, a US Open Cup or an MLS CUP. I would say the evaluation of talent in that organization leaves little to be desired. Wouldn't you say, Texas ranger?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "It is what it is" Most overused expression along with '"At the end of the day". Fulfill your lifelong dream, pick up a trailer and move to Texas. Never seen anything like this. You sound like you belong there.Mexico in the US.
      Viva Mexico!! Gringo MFf'ers!!

Comment

Amazing insight. Funny, FC Dallas, with all their expedited Homegrown signings, have never won an Supporters Shield, a US Open Cup or an MLS CUP. I would say the evaluation of talent in that organization leaves little to be desired. Wouldn't you say, Texas ranger?
        NPL champions and Guadalajara champions. hahahaha!!

Comment

"It is what it is" Most overused expression along with '"At the end of the day". Fulfill your lifelong dream, pick up a trailer and move to Texas. Never seen anything like this. You sound like you belong there.Mexico in the US.

I think I sense a little anger coming from your comments. Not sure why or who you're mad at, but it's kind of pitiful reading your comments. You show your ignorance loud and clear and you really don't have a clue. "It IS what it IS" LOL!!

Now I'll go crawl back in my Texas hole where I came from.

Comment

Viva Mexico!! Gringo MFf'ers!!
            El Chapo, alive and well living in McAllen, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by NTX99 View Post
              I think I sense a little anger coming from your comments. Not sure why or who you're mad at, but it's kind of pitiful reading your comments. You show your ignorance loud and clear and you really don't have a clue. "It IS what it IS" LOL!!

Now I'll go crawl back in my Texas hole where I came from.
              and I sense a guy who doesn't know sh*t about the soccer landscape. The "hole" you refer to, would that be a Sinaloa Cartel's drug tunnel?

Comment

El Chapo, alive and well living in McAllen, TX.
                Trump for Prez!!!!!!!

Comment

The National Cup was based on Aug-Jul birth dates and was open to all teams anywhere--not limited to NPL-affilliates. It was a standard cup-based tournament that stretched back to the early spring through state cup tournaments, regional tournaments and ultimately these finals. The tournament committee for the finals independently placed the qualifying teams in either a "Super Group" or the "Premier Group" based on its independent assessment of the strength of the teams. This was probably done to make the tournament more efficient (eg shorter) and to eliminate the types of blowouts that can happen when tournaments draw from such disparate sources. Whether that worked, I have no idea--there were probably some teams that were unhappy about being placed in the lower tier. But its probably fair to say that the Super Group winners were the best team in each age group.

The NPL championships held a week earlier was a tournament solely for the champions of each of the 18 or so NPL-affilliated leagues around the country based on a full Sept-May schedule and the league's own finals qualifying requirements (some leagues had playoffs, some did not). The NPL championships did not include any DAP teams, although the DAP Pre-Academy league is an NPL affilliate, so at the U13 level its probably fair to say that the tournament includes a decent number of kids who are likely heading to DAP. Beyond that age, the teams are not DAP-affilliated.

So I'm not sure what this poster is complaining about--these tourneys were played with the rosters that either (1) won their respective year-long leagues, with respect to the NPL Finals, or (2) battled their way there through the an open cup process, with respect to the National Cup. Guest players were not allowed, although players from the club could be added to rosters up to a particular cut-off date. Nothing wrong with or unusual about that.

The NPL Championships did not include the DAP teams but did include the PreAcademy teams at the U13, 15, and ? 17 age groups. What the Mass NPL teams, which run from Aug-Jul birthdates, have done is to combine kids from the younger squad that earned the birth with kids from the older kids to accommodate the NPL championship rules which is by birth year. A bummer for about 50% of the kids who earned the right to go.

Comment

The NPL Championships did not include the DAP teams but did include the PreAcademy teams at the U13, 15, and ? 17 age groups. What the Mass NPL teams, which run from Aug-Jul birthdates, have done is to combine kids from the younger squad that earned the birth with kids from the older kids to accommodate the NPL championship rules which is by birth year. A bummer for about 50% of the kids who earned the right to go.
                    Actually, the New England-based NPL teams did not do that. Instead, they all kept their rosters intact and generally played against teams about 6 months older on average. It's likely one of the reasons the New England-based boys teams had pretty uneven results in that tournament, while the girls (which had an aug-July age range) were more competitive.

Comment

Actually, the New England-based NPL teams did not do that. Instead, they all kept their rosters intact and generally played against teams about 6 months older on average. It's likely one of the reasons the New England-based boys teams had pretty uneven results in that tournament, while the girls (which had an aug-July age range) were more competitive.

Are you so sure about this? While I don't know about this year, I do know that GPS has merged teams to allow use of the birth year rule.

Comment

Are you so sure about this? While I don't know about this year, I do know that GPS has merged teams to allow use of the birth year rule.
                        Didn't happen this year, although it would have been entirely fair if it did.

Comment

Didn't happen this year, although it would have been entirely fair if it did.

"Fair" according to the tournament rules is one thing. 'Fair' to the players and their development is another. If your kid is in the top 8 then great but the rest lose out when winning becomes a higher priority.

Comment

They played with the same rosters they used all season!! No players were not invited and no players were added. Real lack of class...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X