Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Love when officials pontificate about being gods. Call the game. If it's a foul it's a foul. Quit trying to manage the personalities or worrying about things like "booking too early". That shouldn't be your concern. Whether or not a foul occurred should be. If one did then call it. If you guys did that most of the crap that causes games to get out of hand will get nipped in the bud early.
    You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about..... a foul is not a foul. Clearly you don't understanding the concept of triffling...... try learning about officiating (such as reading the LOTG and ATR....) rather than pontificating. But wait, I know, referees have ruined the game...........

If you use cards to control a game early on you have lost the game already.

- Cujo

Comment

Love when officials pontificate about being gods. Call the game. If it's a foul it's a foul. Quit trying to manage the personalities or worrying about things like "booking too early". That shouldn't be your concern. Whether or not a foul occurred should be. If one did then call it. If you guys did that most of the crap that causes games to get out of hand will get nipped in the bud early.
      You are most likely the idiot on the sidelines calling for a foul when advantage is gained.

Furthermore you probably think the refs are exchanging recipes with players when they have a conversation.

Comment

You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about..... a foul is not a foul. Clearly you don't understanding the concept of triffling...... try learning about officiating (such as reading the LOTG and ATR....) rather than pontificating. But wait, I know, referees have ruined the game...........

- Cujo
        Cujo believes he is a soccer god and has the power to dictate/control the game. Their natural biases end up causing all sorts of inequities in the flow of the game which only end up riling up the players and parents. Hate officials like him, their egos cause way more problems than they are worth.

Comment

- Cujo
          I watched the MLS all star game vs. Tottenham. The 4th official was interviewed during the game. I am sure Cujo loved it because he believes there is no one more important than the ref. Without refs there would be no game and that makes them all important. The guy was incoherent by the way and the exchange was uncomfortable to embarassing. Hopefully the MLS will not repeat this stunt.

Also interesting that the MLS discussed specifically implementing replay.

Cujo has a an ax to grind with club soccer, parents, coaches and claims to have no bias. Laughable.

Loosely translated....Temperature and flow = I can call or not call whatever I want and there is no recourse.

Comment

Cujo believes he is a soccer god and has the power to dictate/control the game. Their natural biases end up causing all sorts of inequities in the flow of the game which only end up riling up the players and parents. Hate officials like him, their egos cause way more problems than they are worth.
            OMG STOP, you are embarrassing yourself. A good official "controls" the game. It is our responsibility to manage the game. Flow is important but can never take precedence over controlling match temperature. It is one of the fundamental elements. I have great relations with the players. But I could care less about the parents - they have no standing during a game whatsoever except to comply with league/club/facility standards for behavior. My philosophy is that my best games are the ones in which I am not noticed.

- Cujo

P.S. Please get professional help as you clearly have issues with authority. Maybe mommy and daddy didn't give you enough attention or you were bottle fed.

Comment

I watched the MLS all star game vs. Tottenham. The 4th official was interviewed during the game. I am sure Cujo loved it because he believes there is no one more important than the ref. Without refs there would be no game and that makes them all important. The guy was incoherent by the way and the exchange was uncomfortable to embarassing. Hopefully the MLS will not repeat this stunt.

Also interesting that the MLS discussed specifically implementing replay.

Cujo has a an ax to grind with club soccer, parents, coaches and claims to have no bias. Laughable.

Loosely translated....Temperature and flow = I can call or not call whatever I want and there is no recourse.
              I am not cujo, but just had to point out how clueless you are.
              Absolutely clueless as a matter of fact.

Comment

OMG STOP, you are embarrassing yourself. A good official "controls" the game. It is our responsibility to manage the game. Flow is important but can never take precedence over controlling match temperature. It is one of the fundamental elements. I have great relations with the players. But I could care less about the parents - they have no standing during a game whatsoever except to comply with league/club/facility standards for behavior. My philosophy is that my best games are the ones in which I am not noticed.

- Cujo

P.S. Please get professional help as you clearly have issues with authority. Maybe mommy and daddy didn't give you enough attention or you were bottle fed.
                Cujo. Your choice of words is very telling. Suffice to say.. Gotcha troll!

Comment

I am not cujo, but just had to point out how clueless you are.
                  Absolutely clueless as a matter of fact.
                  No, absolutely not, just one of his countless alter egos that routinely pop up to agree whole heartedly with anything he writes and insult anyone who disagrees. A very familiar pattern.

Comment

No, absolutely not, just one of his countless alter egos that routinely pop up to agree whole heartedly with anything he writes and insult anyone who disagrees. A very familiar pattern.
                    Sorry, you are wrong. I am not even close to agreeing on everything he says. But he does have a good grasp on this particular subject. I suspect your inability to accept his opinion is due to the fact that you do not have anything near his experience.

Comment

- Cujo

I think this is spot on. A good ref must influence or control the emotional aspect of what is going on in the game. A few well timed warnings or even a card can nip the dirty/dangerous play in the butt early in the match. Where things do get dicey though, is when you have knucklehead parents encouraging dirty play, which unfortunately occurs too often. While the ref may not hear the parents, the players certainly do.

Comment

I think this is spot on. A good ref must influence or control the emotional aspect of what is going on in the game. A few well timed warnings or even a card can nip the dirty/dangerous play in the butt early in the match. Where things do get dicey though, is when you have knucklehead parents encouraging dirty play, which unfortunately occurs too often. While the ref may not hear the parents, the players certainly do.
                        Just the opposite. This is what is wrong with soccer. Starts at the top with FIFA and works its way down to the refs at some random youth game. You have people who think of themselves as god's who literally think they are in charge of almost "staging" the end result instead of doing what's right. Refs should just call the fouls and leave the rest alone.

Comment

Just the opposite. This is what is wrong with soccer. Starts at the top with FIFA and works its way down to the refs at some random youth game. You have people who think of themselves as god's who literally think they are in charge of almost "staging" the end result instead of doing what's right. Refs should just call the fouls and leave the rest alone.
                          Wow you don't get it. We don't officiate based on the way uneducated parents on the sidelines who are new to the game think it should be officiated. We do it based upon classes, recerts, the LOTG and finally upon the ATR's which articulate and clarify the nuances that are implied by the LOTG.

But to step back a little. This isn't about FIFA - it is about how to handle games played by 10-16 year olds who are learning the game. Key word. LEARNING. The ignorance that arises from the half dozen know it alls on the sidelines is not helpful. The failure to understand basic elements like advantage, triffling fouls, and handling confuses these players. Even worse are the constant bleatings to mark up, boot it, send it etc. Players are there to learn from their coaches. As an official I am not there to teach them the game per se except to work with them cooperatively about understanding how far they can push the LOTG and to play right up to that edge.

- Cujo

Comment

That is a very distorted opinion of what the reality actually is.

What happens with FIFA has absolutely nothing to do with Referees at the Youth level. FIFA isn't even the principal governing body for Youth Referees, it is USSF for the most part.

How do you know what Referees " think " , or for that matter, any other human being ? What you actually are demonstrating is an opinion based on your experience seeing them . Obviously that is a poor way of categorizing and rating the performance of the close to 100,000 Referees in the country.

You should just stop making any more comments. You are over your head, Way over. You know absolutely nothing it is obvious.

Comment

Perfect. These guys are not doing the freaking EPL. Show up reasonably in shape, hustle, call what you see and move on.

"Temperature" and "flow" takes care of itself if the ref is consistent. Just like the players who try and emulate the pros, refs need to understand what level they are at.

Fouls that are trifling can be ignored but when a push in the box is ignored at one end and then called at the other, that is not about temperature and flow. The best refs are the ones that clearly communicate an advantage situation with a loud "play on" along with an appropriate signal.

Comment

Perfect. These guys are not doing the freaking EPL. Show up reasonably in shape, hustle, call what you see and move on.

"Temperature" and "flow" takes care of itself if the ref is consistent. Just like the players who try and emulate the pros, refs need to understand what level they are at.

Fouls that are trifling can be ignored but when a push in the box is ignored at one end and then called at the other, that is not about temperature and flow. The best refs are the ones that clearly communicate an advantage situation with a loud "play on" along with an appropriate signal.
                                Sure, piece of cake. " takes care of itself " Tell us, what " level are they at ? "
                                Another know nothing.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X