Here's a better poll:

1. Tualatin
    2. Sunset
    3. West Salem
    4. Jesuit
    5. South Medford

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Even more stupid is the person looking for a high school soccer ranking.
      Agreed.

Comment

sherwood 3- Southridge 0. Total dominance in a 30 min jamboree.

Comment

sherwood 3- Southridge 0. Total dominance in a 30 min jamboree.
          Sherwood cheated

Comment

Predictions tonight:

Grant over Hermiston
            Sherwood over Southridge
            LO over Mac
            Clackamas over Putnam
            Sheldon over Sunset

Comment

Predictions tonight:

Grant over Hermiston
              Sherwood over Southridge
              LO over Mac
              Clackamas over Putnam
              Sheldon over Sunset

Southridge and Sunset win. Everything else looks good.

Comment

You were half right. Southridge is 0-2 already?

Comment

You were half right. Southridge is 0-2 already?
                  Darn, was going off of last year's results. I know of some really good players on that team. Hope they can rite the ship.

Comment

Sunset cruised by Sheldon, 4-1. Could have just as easily been 6-1 or 7-1....Sunset missed 2 or 3 very easy goal shots.....

Sheldon is not very good and Sunset is nowhere near mid-season form....lots of silly passes, passes to the wrong spot, girls a bit out of position a few times but a good early season tune up game.

Thursday's game against Sherwood will be a must stiffer test. One thing, Ben does not back away from early season competition. Girls will be ready when the tough Metro League season starts in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Darn, was going off of last year's results. I know of some really good players on that team. Hope they can rite the ship.
                      Doesn't sound as if they are "really good players".

Comment

Sunset cruised by Sheldon, 4-1. Could have just as easily been 6-1 or 7-1....Sunset missed 2 or 3 very easy goal shots.....

Sheldon is not very good and Sunset is nowhere near mid-season form....lots of silly passes, passes to the wrong spot, girls a bit out of position a few times but a good early season tune up game.

Thursday's game against Sherwood will be a must stiffer test. One thing, Ben does not back away from early season competition. Girls will be ready when the tough Metro League season starts in a couple of weeks.
                        Thanks Dad for the recap and commentary. You talked non-stop about all of this on the ride home.

Comment

Thanks Dad for the recap and commentary. You talked non-stop about all of this on the ride home.
                          Nope---don't even have a kid on the team...just like to watch good high school soccer, both boys and girls. I will go and watch Jesuit play, Southridge, Westview and maybe watch Beaverton (although they are at the bottom end of the Metro)---won't waste my time with Aloha. I live on the west side and will try to catch at least a game or two of Sunset, Jesuit, Southridge, Westview---no dog in the fight at all.....no kids, no vested interest. Just like watching and enjoying high school sports.

Comment

Nope---don't even have a kid on the team...just like to watch good high school soccer, both boys and girls. I will go and watch Jesuit play, Southridge, Westview and maybe watch Beaverton (although they are at the bottom end of the Metro)---won't waste my time with Aloha. I live on the west side and will try to catch at least a game or two of Sunset, Jesuit, Southridge, Westview---no dog in the fight at all.....no kids, no vested interest. Just like watching and enjoying high school sports.
                            Sounds a little creepy to me

Comment

You lost all credibility when you combined the word good with High School soccer. You want to watch good soccer, go to some club games. They aren't full of back lines who trip, kick, bite, hold, ram into you, ....

Comment

You lost all credibility when you combined the word good with High School soccer. You want to watch good soccer, go to some club games. They aren't full of back lines who trip, kick, bite, hold, ram into you, ....
                                Funny---most high school teams are made up of club girls.
                                How is it that these exact same girls can play a pretty, fast paced, elegant game while on their club team but these exact same girls become thugs once they are on their high school teams?? I have seen them play for their respective clubs (in Sunset's case, mostly THUSC and FC PDX) yet they kick/bite/scratch/claw/trip while on their HS teams but you don't see that in club games? They do it because they can? The refs are more lenient in HS? The coaches encourage it?

What gives??

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X