Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There's a difference. FCSC hires the rejects from the Timbers.
    There's still a ton of coaches at Timbers that need to be "rejected". Like almost their entire coaching staff. When's that going to happen?

Comment

There's still a ton of coaches at Timbers that need to be "rejected". Like almost their entire coaching staff. When's that going to happen?
      Slowly, the antibiotics are slowly starting to work. I can see the bacteria clearing up. Some will end up healthy enough to stay, others will not

Comment

There are so any bad coaches who verbally/emotionally abuse kids. The DOCs do nothing because they know parents will keep their kid on the team despite the abuse. Parents who keep their kids on teams like this are just as bad as the DOCs and coaches. You would never tolerate this behavior from your kids teachers but turn a blind eye to the coaches.

Comment

There are so any bad coaches who verbally/emotionally abuse kids. The DOCs do nothing because they know parents will keep their kid on the team despite the abuse. Parents who keep their kids on teams like this are just as bad as the DOCs and coaches. You would never tolerate this behavior from your kids teachers but turn a blind eye to the coaches.
          I don't see where the op said anything about this coach cussing or verbally abusing the kids. I did however hear the story about the incident as well, and I don't agree with verbally abusing a ref either. However my kid has played in a few tourneys this summer and I have seen verbal abusing of refs in every tourney my kid has played in, at multiple age levels. Everyone wants to win and parents and coaches get way to caught up in that. This same tourney I saw a coach and parents verbally abuse a teenage ref in a u9 girls game using unappropriate language. And another coach doing the same in a u14 game minus the choice language. It happens every tourney and will continue to happen as winning is all that matters in the coaches and parents eyes. It's even worse when it's a rivalry game or 2 top premier teams. See nwcl

Comment

I don't see where the op said anything about this coach cussing or verbally abusing the kids. I did however hear the story about the incident as well, and I don't agree with verbally abusing a ref either. However my kid has played in a few tourneys this summer and I have seen verbal abusing of refs in every tourney my kid has played in, at multiple age levels. Everyone wants to win and parents and coaches get way to caught up in that. This same tourney I saw a coach and parents verbally abuse a teenage ref in a u9 girls game using unappropriate language. And another coach doing the same in a u14 game minus the choice language. It happens every tourney and will continue to happen as winning is all that matters in the coaches and parents eyes. It's even worse when it's a rivalry game or 2 top premier teams. See nwcl
            The refs need to be strong enough to just toss the coaches. And if there is abuse from parents you talk to the coach, have them relay the message to the parents that the coach will be tossed if this continues. Unfortunately, the younger ages get the younger refs and are not wiling to do this. As a last resort the refs need to walk off the field as this can be a dangerous situation. It also appears that most of the parent abuse stems from lack of understanding of the game. Every ball that touches a hand is not a hand ball and every contact is not a foul.

Comment

The refs need to be strong enough to just toss the coaches. And if there is abuse from parents you talk to the coach, have them relay the message to the parents that the coach will be tossed if this continues. Unfortunately, the younger ages get the younger refs and are not wiling to do this. As a last resort the refs need to walk off the field as this can be a dangerous situation. It also appears that most of the parent abuse stems from lack of understanding of the game. Every ball that touches a hand is not a hand ball and every contact is not a foul.
              This referee almost left the game.
              The coach in question was verbally abusing the referee and opposing parents with extremely poor language. It was really bad. That guy should not be around youth sports as a coach...every one of his players heard every word he said

Comment

The coach in question was verbally abusing the referee and opposing parents with extremely poor language. It was really bad. That guy should not be around youth sports as a coach...every one of his players heard every word he said
                And probably a good amount of youth coaches shouldn't be coaching either, have you seen Friday night tykes? Those coaches do verbally abuse kids and use bad language around them and get to be on tv for it. Those kids are the same age as the ones you reference. I think you are just trying to single someone out that you don't like personally. We all can spout examples of youth coaches gone wild in our experiences as players and parents. But rather than point the finger at one there should be a blanket review of all.

Comment

And probably a good amount of youth coaches shouldn't be coaching either, have you seen Friday night tykes? Those coaches do verbally abuse kids and use bad language around them and get to be on tv for it. Those kids are the same age as the ones you reference. I think you are just trying to single someone out that you don't like personally. We all can spout examples of youth coaches gone wild in our experiences as players and parents. But rather than point the finger at one there should be a blanket review of all.
                  Exactly.

Comment

Dm why does jm tryout every mattress with customer?

Comment

"Almost" left the game......"verbally abusing the opposing parents"....."every one of his players heard".......???? Wow....what game were you watching??? Sounds like we have a few games going on here and maybe a few different coaches.

If you didn't see it firsthand you really shouldn't comment and make yourself look so foolish...kinda look like an idiot to those that were really there.

Anyway....what happened was the ref let the game get out of control and safety DID become an issue (gold star for whoever suggested that one, who knew?). The coach of the "Blue/Red" team was allowing some of his coaches to coach behind the goal. They were asked to move by ref...and they stepped to the other side of the goal and continued to coach. She did not ask again, nor did she say anything to the “Blue/Red" coach. Boys were being chocked, punched, and kicked....very bad. "White" team was down by one point, and second half was almost over. "Blue/Red" team's coach went out onto the field, during play, to adjust keeper's uniform..??.."White" coach asked/yelled to ref to not allow this...she did.... and time kept going... players continued to be knocked around from "white" team and ref did not call any of the unsafe plays being done. "White" coach yelled again at ref to control game!" (no swearing involved...but VERY LOUD). "Blue/Red" coach once again went onto field during play to adjust goal keeper gloves....and ref allowed him to stall game...."White" coach very irritated at this point as well as "White" parents. "White" team had most possession and it was quite obvious that the "Blue/Red" team was stalling. Play resumed and "White" team had the ball in "Blue/Red" team box....one player was WWF'd knocked down in the box by "Blue/Red" team and ref still did not call..............that was when "White" coach let loose and began to yell at ref! Parent also went onto field to help downed player. I believe the B-word was used, but that was all and only once. Ref pulled out a red card and showed to "White" coach, then abandoned the game. "Blue/Red" team also abandoned the game. "White" team was still there with another coach to play on with.........................I was there watching due to my older son ref-ing on the other field.....and was watching this game due to the "Blue/Red" team. They had been warned once about their foul plays. Later in the tournament they were called upon to be checked for mixing rosters. The "Blue/Red" team was one step away from being kicked out of the tournament. This "White" coach was only trying to protect his players. The ref from this game as asked to leave for the day and not continue the rest of her scheduled matches. She was allowed back the next day.

Hope you all have fun with the rest of your own "verbal abuse" on here.

Comment

"Almost" left the game......"verbally abusing the opposing parents"....."every one of his players heard".......???? Wow....what game were you watching??? Sounds like we have a few games going on here and maybe a few different coaches.

If you didn't see it firsthand you really shouldn't comment and make yourself look so foolish...kinda look like an idiot to those that were really there.

Anyway....what happened was the ref let the game get out of control and safety DID become an issue (gold star for whoever suggested that one, who knew?). The coach of the "Blue/Red" team was allowing some of his coaches to coach behind the goal. They were asked to move by ref...and they stepped to the other side of the goal and continued to coach. She did not ask again, nor did she say anything to the “Blue/Red" coach. Boys were being chocked, punched, and kicked....very bad. "White" team was down by one point, and second half was almost over. "Blue/Red" team's coach went out onto the field, during play, to adjust keeper's uniform..??.."White" coach asked/yelled to ref to not allow this...she did.... and time kept going... players continued to be knocked around from "white" team and ref did not call any of the unsafe plays being done. "White" coach yelled again at ref to control game!" (no swearing involved...but VERY LOUD). "Blue/Red" coach once again went onto field during play to adjust goal keeper gloves....and ref allowed him to stall game...."White" coach very irritated at this point as well as "White" parents. "White" team had most possession and it was quite obvious that the "Blue/Red" team was stalling. Play resumed and "White" team had the ball in "Blue/Red" team box....one player was WWF'd knocked down in the box by "Blue/Red" team and ref still did not call..............that was when "White" coach let loose and began to yell at ref! Parent also went onto field to help downed player. I believe the B-word was used, but that was all and only once. Ref pulled out a red card and showed to "White" coach, then abandoned the game. "Blue/Red" team also abandoned the game. "White" team was still there with another coach to play on with.........................I was there watching due to my older son ref-ing on the other field.....and was watching this game due to the "Blue/Red" team. They had been warned once about their foul plays. Later in the tournament they were called upon to be checked for mixing rosters. The "Blue/Red" team was one step away from being kicked out of the tournament. This "White" coach was only trying to protect his players. The ref from this game as asked to leave for the day and not continue the rest of her scheduled matches. She was allowed back the next day.

Hope you all have fun with the rest of your own "verbal abuse" on here.
                        Loss for words. The whole thing sound ridiculous. As a coach, if you truly feel players are in danger and the game is not being managed, pull the team. Simple. Unsafe is unsafe. If that was truly the case, simple. My guess is at a young age, there was overreaction.

Comment

Loss for words. The whole thing sound ridiculous. As a coach, if you truly feel players are in danger and the game is not being managed, pull the team. Simple. Unsafe is unsafe. If that was truly the case, simple. My guess is at a young age, there was overreaction.

Keep guessing. And sell some more mattresses this weekend.

Comment

Keep guessing. And sell some more mattresses this weekend.
                            WTH is with these mattress references?

Comment

WTH is with these mattress references?
                              Those who know, know.

Comment

Those who know, know.
                                Thanks captain obvious

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X