Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do you pay to play?

For top division non -ECNL teams , how much are you paying a year with travel?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ECNL less than $5,000.

Comment

Due to injuries, we only played part of the year in ECNL and still paid $3,000. That was for about 2.5 months.

Comment

Due to injuries, we only played part of the year in ECNL and still paid $3,000. That was for about 2.5 months.
        The questions was non ecnl teams, the price of ecnl has been discussed to the point of exhaustion, but what about those top non ECNL teams that are traveling? Travel, club fees, etc.....

Comment

For our club team in Premier, the breakdown is as follows:

-registration for the year: $1500
          -uniforms: $250
          -tournament travel per player: $300 to $400 per tournament (anywhere from 4 to 8 tournaments)

Total estimate: $3250 (factored 5 tournaments)

Comment

Our premier level team

Club dues: $1350
            Uniform $200 (every other year or more)

3 tournaments this summer $180
            Travel to those three (food, gas) $250

$1930

Comment

-tournament travel per player: $300 to $400 per tournament (anywhere from 4 to 8 tournaments)

I need to make a correction to my estimate. Three tournaments were actually travel tournaments, so I'll say $300x3, plus $200 for registration for the other local tournaments, so my estimate should be $2850, not $3250.

Comment

I don't want to sit down and add it all up. If I do, my dd will be crushed when I tell her she can no longer play club soccer! Top teams that travel, play in Fwrl/Nwcl, go to Regionals, do ODP (State, Regional, Phoenix), residential camps, other camps, private training, etc. all adds up to at least as much as ECNL.

Comment

I don't want to sit down and add it all up. If I do, my dd will be crushed when I tell her she can no longer play club soccer! Top teams that travel, play in Fwrl/Nwcl, go to Regionals, do ODP (State, Regional, Phoenix), residential camps, other camps, private training, etc. all adds up to at least as much as ECNL.
                  Haha, I love your honesty! I am with you, adding it up is scary! Did that last year, not doing it again. My daughter is having a great experience, if it wasn't soccer it would be something else. I prefer the ignorance is bliss approach and we deal with it as it comes.

Comment

If you are playing any legit travel tournaments you are paying around $500-$750 per player

Comment

paid to play? I pay to watch

O.K., I paid about $1000 for the year and a few hundred in uniforms and probably $400 in different fees (speed and agility, tournament fees). it might end up running $2000 for the year (per player, I have two)

But I usually say my kids play for free and I really paid for season tickets with my current favorite team.

Comment

Don't forget boots

My dd will burn through 2 or 3 pairs a year at anywhere from 60 to 150 bills.

Comment

Don't forget boots

My dd will burn through 2 or 3 pairs a year at anywhere from 60 to 150 bills.
                          If you're only spending $150 for boots you're shortchanging your kid. $275 min for the good stuff!

Comment

If you're only spending $150 for boots you're shortchanging your kid. $275 min for the good stuff!
                            Other than a few select kids, or ones whose parents work for Nike or Adidas, most kids are not spending that must, especially at 13, 14 etc. if you do that is fine, but those spending 150.00 are not shortchanging their kids.

Comment

Other than a few select kids, or ones whose parents work for Nike or Adidas, most kids are not spending that must, especially at 13, 14 etc. if you do that is fine, but those spending 150.00 are not shortchanging their kids.
                              My dd in her $60 kicks does just fine making regional pool. Expensive cleats do not make a player better,it comes from within

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X