Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns Brand

If you need any proof about how tone deaf the Timbers organization is toward the women's game all you have to do is ask why they have not labeled the girls programs in their two Portland youth clubs Thorns vs. Timbers i.e., Westside Thorns and Eastside Thorns?

I know that would not change the quality of the coaching and player draw but it would support and expand the brand.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you need any proof about how tone deaf the Timbers organization is toward the women's game all you have to do is ask why they have not labeled the girls programs in their two Portland youth clubs Thorns vs. Timbers i.e., Westside Thorns and Eastside Thorns?

I know that would not change the quality of the coaching and player draw but it would support and expand the brand.
    Companies want to brand to reflect quality

Comment

Why doesn't Crossfire lable all of thier programs Crossfire at all age groups? Why have WUSC for two or three years, SS for two or three years, Thusc for two or three years (Oh wait, they have the dreaded Thusc name all the way through U18 on the girls side and U15 on the boys side, since all of their boys teams implode at U15), Clackamas for two years, ...

Comment

Why doesn't Crossfire lable all of thier programs Crossfire at all age groups? Why have WUSC for two or three years, SS for two or three years, Thusc for two or three years (Oh wait, they have the dreaded Thusc name all the way through U18 on the girls side and U15 on the boys side, since all of their boys teams implode at U15), Clackamas for two years, ...

Companies want to brand to reflect quality

Comment

Stay on Topic

I know you have a reflexive need to bash non-Timber clubs but you didn't address the issue.

If you want to build a brand and maybe eventually challenge the clubs who are unquestionably attracting 90% of the best girl players you have to "start" some where.

Comment

Slipery Slope

That would require giving the girls Thorns kits cut for girls.....

Comment

I know you have a reflexive need to bash Timber clubs but you didn't address the issue.

If you want to build a brand and maybe eventually challenge the clubs who are unquestionably attracting 90% of the best girl and boy players you have to "start" some where.

Comment

That would require giving the girls Crossfire kits cut for girls.....

Comment

That would require giving the girls Crossfire kits cut for girls.....
                  Hate to break it to you but they are girl cut tops for the CU ECNL teams.

Comment

Deflect all you want the question remains

I know you have a reflexive need to bash Timber clubs but you didn't address the issue.

If you want to build a brand and maybe eventually challenge the clubs who are unquestionably attracting 90% of the best girl and boy players you have to "start" some where.
                    Getting cute doesn't ANSWER the question now does it? They are a professional organization making hundreds of thousands from professional soccer and yet they are missing this obvious with their youth programs.

Yes the other local clubs have their issues however they are underfunded non profits by comparison.

Comment

That would require giving the girls Thorns kits cut for girls.....
                      When our club became a timbers team last January the talk was the girls would have Thorns themed jersey's and the boys would have timbers, but at that point the Thorns were still a very young team, with just one season under there belt and a lot of talk about whether the league was sustainable or not. There is still a lot of talk about league sustainability and I would be that in 5-6 years if the NWSL is still around and not floundering then we will see the Timbers girls teams getting Thorns gear.

Comment

When our club became a timbers team last January the talk was the girls would have Thorns themed jersey's and the boys would have timbers, but at that point the Thorns were still a very young team, with just one season under there belt and a lot of talk about whether the league was sustainable or not. There is still a lot of talk about league sustainability and I would be that in 5-6 years if the NWSL is still around and not floundering then we will see the Timbers girls teams getting Thorns gear.
                        NWSL has one more year at most.

Comment

NWSL ratings and attendance are way up.

Comment

I am not sure it is that simple - NWSL/Thorns are Nike, MLS/Timbers are adidas. Timbers alliance was an adidas initiative (although heard it was someone else idea).
                            Last edited by Slow Xavi; 08-01-2015, 07:42 PM.

Comment

Hate to break it to you but they are girl cut tops for the CU ECNL teams.
                              I didn't realize it, must have been the girls wearing them.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X