Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does qualifying for NWCL happen now?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, I am definitely in the loop, lucky me. Just a disorganized tournament and I think they assumed we were in because we did it last year. If you try hard enough you can think of other explanations for their lack of organization.
    You think you're in the loop but you aren't. Call Greg if you have an issue. He's not hard to track down

Comment

Our experience with nwcl has not been great. Seems like it should be more organized. Not the best communication either.
      Our DD played in NWCL its first year and the website was NEVER up to date. Good league but they need a new tech guy or girl.

Comment

Pull out then. Nothing stopping you except for the $1000 you've already sunk. When they posted the preliminary brackets there were 16 teams for every age group plus several alternates. There will be AMPLE competition for ANY Oregon team.
        actually the original brackets showed that not one girls team would make it out of bracket...
        if anyone were to b!tch it should be the Washington teams complaining having to play Oregon teams.

now on the boys side you might have a couple of teams that will sneak through

Comment

You are assuming a lot from my original post. My concern has nothing to do with winning. It's about being smart with our soccer dollars and time. If this is a quality tournament we will happily pull her out of school to drive to Seattle and we won't care if her team wins. But I don't want her to miss school and us to spend our time and money to watch her team play non premier teams. I would rather see them spend those weekends doing some extra practice sessions with their coach (who is great!).

As another poster said, the fact that the website is so out of date and no info has been shared even with our team manager leads me to fear this event won't be a good use of her/our time and money. It's very concerning to see a website 4 and 5 years out of date.
          your DD's team won't even get out of bracket. I'm confused. You think the competition is weak? but you won't even get out of bracket.

Comment

You are assuming a lot from my original post. My concern has nothing to do with winning. It's about being smart with our soccer dollars and time. If this is a quality tournament we will happily pull her out of school to drive to Seattle and we won't care if her team wins. But I don't want her to miss school and us to spend our time and money to watch her team play non premier teams. I would rather see them spend those weekends doing some extra practice sessions with their coach (who is great!).

As another poster said, the fact that the website is so out of date and no info has been shared even with our team manager leads me to fear this event won't be a good use of her/our time and money. It's very concerning to see a website 4 and 5 years out of date.
            check the original stats that I game you with regards to games per year and training sessions....add up what is on your schedule for the rest of the year and see if you are failing your daughter....THAT IS WHAT YOU SHOULD FOCUS ON....not if she misses a day of school to go up north in October....it's what she is doing inbetween that counts.
            you are focusing on the wrong things. Your DD will go up north and get beat by most of the teams anyways. Not sure why you are so worried about one team that you might beat.

Comment

which club does your dd play for?

Comment

100% agree!

Comment

100% agree!
                  I'd rather have an out-of-date website and top competition (NWCL) than an almost up-to-date website with mediocre competition (FWRL). Unless of course, your DD is playing some sort of web based soccer game and not real soccer. Come to think of it, if she's at a Timbers Alliance club, I can see your issue with it all.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X