• Show
Clear All

Boys Soccer Poll

https://www.gametimect.com/state-coa...-soccer-polls/

Masuk? They only lost 14 senior and all NE junior

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

They’ll have a rebuikding year I’m sure. But why pick on Masuk specifically, what do you know about the other 9 teams? How many players did each of them graduate? Is it possible you’re from Newtown and upset that you only received a vote? Or has the Dark Lord arisen from his slumber?

Comment

Polls are jokes in preseason. Look at the 8 old timers voting and you will see why its a joke. Let them play a bit and the cards will shuffle

Comment

They’ll have a rebuikding year I’m sure. But why pick on Masuk specifically, what do you know about the other 9 teams? How many players did each of them graduate? Is it possible you’re from Newtown and upset that you only received a vote? Or has the Dark Lord arisen from his slumber?
        Masuk is clearly an outlier. Please let me know if you think they are a top ten team. Their ranking is based on last success of its golden generation

They will sink back down to mediocrity

Comment

Masuk is clearly an outlier. Please let me know if you think they are a top ten team. Their ranking is based on last success of its golden generation

They will sink back down to mediocrity
          All preseason polls are based on prior season success, they’re essentially pointless. I scouted the Masuk-Norwalk boys preseason game on Tuesday, it appeared that both teams went with starters and a few key reserves for the majority of the game (except the final 15 minutes when subs were brought in en masse for both teams). The score was 2-0 Norwalk at that point. One flukey goal and one very well taken finish by the Norwalk forward who scored the game winner against Ridgefield last year in the tournament. He looked strong all game and Norwalk overall looked pretty solid. My take on Masuk is they’ve still got some quality and are well coached but will absolutely struggle to score goals this year. Things didn’t click in the final third. Masuk to me won’t be a top contender in the state this year but will still be a tough out. Norwalk could make a deep run again in my opinion.

Comment

All preseason polls are based on prior season success, they’re essentially pointless. I scouted the Masuk-Norwalk boys preseason game on Tuesday, it appeared that both teams went with starters and a few key reserves for the majority of the game (except the final 15 minutes when subs were brought in en masse for both teams). The score was 2-0 Norwalk at that point. One flukey goal and one very well taken finish by the Norwalk forward who scored the game winner against Ridgefield last year in the tournament. He looked strong all game and Norwalk overall looked pretty solid. My take on Masuk is they’ve still got some quality and are well coached but will absolutely struggle to score goals this year. Things didn’t click in the final third. Masuk to me won’t be a top contender in the state this year but will still be a tough out. Norwalk could make a deep run again in my opinion.
            Good points. Norwalk will be good. Masuk can’t score and lost their keeper and much of their offense.

Barlow won SWCs beating Masuk and is returning much more of its core. Yet they are unranked

Comment

Polls are jokes in preseason. Look at the 8 old timers voting and you will see why its a joke. Let them play a bit and the cards will shuffle
              Bingo!

Comment

From what i have read Greenwich will be the best team. Glastonbury and Farmington will be right there as well as they always have a great group of players. Other than that you dont know what you are going to get because all the other teams will have lost a lot to graduation. Check back in october to see what the polls look like.

Comment

Good points. Norwalk will be good. Masuk can’t score and lost their keeper and much of their offense.

Barlow won SWCs beating Masuk and is returning much more of its core. Yet they are unranked
                  Lost their all state GK and a few key seniors. They've got some good talent but some of it's still young. That said, never count the Dark Lord out. Masuk lost too many and need to rebuild.

Comment

How’s ridgefield looking this year ?

Comment

Lost their all state GK and a few key seniors. They've got some good talent but some of it's still young. That said, never count the Dark Lord out. Masuk lost too many and need to rebuild.
                      All teams in SWC lost a lot of players

Barlow comparatively lost less. Biggest loss will be replacing their keeper

Comment

Blue Horseshoe loves Cheshire

Comment

Glastonbury 0-0 Avon in regular time

Wins 2-0 in overtime

Comment

Glastonbury 0-0 Avon in regular time

Wins 2-0 in overtime
                            They play overtime? Why?

Comment

Southington 1-0 Conard

Danbury 1-1 Ludlowe

EO Smith 2-0 RHAM

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X