https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=43gm3CJePn0

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow wow. ....Pretty much sums up a lot.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvhPyRSSakg

Let's go!

Have you ever prayed to the night sky?
      Under one of them cold street lights?
      Watched another stolen car drive then lose your hope and say "This is where I'll die"?

But you try to say you know me.
      But you try to say you're from my world.
      Well, have you ever gone to sleep to the sounds of the gunshots, sirens, and violence all alone?

They want to break me down. I hope I can hold my ground.

Your world is MTV. Spring breaks and ecstasy.
      You got your hopes and you'll get your dreams.
      Well, that choice wasn't there for me.

My world remains unseen by you.
      Poverty and no family,
      Broken homes and broken dreams,
      I fall upon the thorns of life. I bleed.

They want to break me down. I won't back down.
      They try to break me down. I hope I can hold my ground.

I ain't I your kind of white. I ain't that kind of white.
      I'll never be your kind of white, I'll never be your kind 'cause you made me outcast.

I ain't your kind of white. I've never been your kind of white.
      I ain't that kind of white 'cause I'm a lowlife outcast piece of white trash.

Five years on down the road (you've got) two kids and a high paying job,
      (with a) picket fence and a college degree.

This path on which I walk: it ain't a game and it ain't all talk.
      This is all I ever had.
      This is all they ever let me have.

I ain't ever been nor will I ever be another blind eye in society.
      I seen the way it was for the people like me.
      I seen the way it was for the families so...

Watched another stolen car drive by and lost your hope and said "This is where I'll die"?

I'll never be your kind of white, I'll never be your kind 'cause you made me outcast.

I ain't your kind of white. I've never been your kind of white.(No way!)

If you're offended by this song.... Well im ****ing offended by the way i had to grow up.
      So who's really been slighted.

Let's go!

Watched another stolen car drive then lose your hope and say "This is where I'll die"?

I never had enough money! Or enough Privilige to be white!Im white trash!
      And society better learn how to recognize the difference.

Comment

Let's go!

Well, have you ever gone to sleep to the sounds of the gunshots, sirens, and violence all alone?

Poverty and no family,

This is all I ever had.

Watched another stolen car drive by and lost your hope and said "This is where I'll die"?

If you're offended by this song.... Well im ****ing offended by the way i had to grow up.

Let's go!

Thanks for the post.
        Do you know I can see and identify an Elephant than any other animal from a mile away.
        Do you also know that I can see and identify the male which is black or white from about a mile away.

But what I can’t do is separate white trash from a privileged white kid UNLESS they told me they were trash or they dressed the part. So being black is permanent being racist is very much a like. White privileged America laughs at trash whites as they are just poor but Blacks is another story. The video has zero to teach about racism.

Comment

Let's go!

Poverty and no family,

This is all I ever had.

Let's go!

Is this some type of ridiculous comparison to racism? Jeeez.

Comment

This is not about racism it is about classism. Even though both go hand in hand for the most part.

First both songs are art and art is interpreted differently by different people from different walks of life. The songs may mean one thing to you but something totally different to another.

Those of you who never grew up in a "bad neighborhood" or had a tough life growing up will never understand the true meaning of either song. I know this contradicts what I said above about art but the truth of the matter is if you never lived it you will never understand it. Basically my point is this black or white the upper class will always look down upon the lower class regardless of color.

Do you really think that kids black or white from Bridgeport are get the same opportunity and kids from Greenwich. Do you truly believe they will get the same education. Do you believe they will be treated the same if they get in trouble with the law. If you do then you are a fool and a classist by nature.

https://www.gostrategic.org/blog/rac.../#.WjPHIlWnHcd

Comment

This is not about racism it is about classism. Even though both go hand in hand for the most part.

First both songs are art and art is interpreted differently by different people from different walks of life. The songs may mean one thing to you but something totally different to another.

Those of you who never grew up in a "bad neighborhood" or had a tough life growing up will never understand the true meaning of either song. I know this contradicts what I said above about art but the truth of the matter is if you never lived it you will never understand it. Basically my point is this black or white the upper class will always look down upon the lower class regardless of color.

Do you really think that kids black or white from Bridgeport are get the same opportunity and kids from Greenwich. Do you truly believe they will get the same education. Do you believe they will be treated the same if they get in trouble with the law. If you do then you are a fool and a classist by nature.

I lived in these bad neighborhoods most of my life, up to about the age of 17. I lived as a white minority in a pretty brown part of my town, where everyone was working class working poor. Plenty of drugs, alcohol, abusive parents, gangs, violence, etc. I understand the meaning of both these songs and find them both wanting. They hold the same myopia that you accuse the "upper class" of possessing.

I truly believe that if you have the personal motivation that you can find the same opportunities if you hail from Bridgeport or Greenwich, regardless of town or color. I had plenty of encounters with the law in my day as well. Never felt the cops treated me any differently when I was wrong than anyone else. Always treated fairly and deserved whatever justice was handed down to me.

I'm no fool and no classist. I guess I've risen through the classes as you want to see them. You however, seem to be a classist yourself.

The one good thing about this country and not yet truly screwed up.....success is there for those who put themselves on the path to have it.

Comment

I lived in these bad neighborhoods most of my life, up to about the age of 17. I lived as a white minority in a pretty brown part of my town, where everyone was working class working poor. Plenty of drugs, alcohol, abusive parents, gangs, violence, etc. I understand the meaning of both these songs and find them both wanting. They hold the same myopia that you accuse the "upper class" of possessing.

I truly believe that if you have the personal motivation that you can find the same opportunities if you hail from Bridgeport or Greenwich, regardless of town or color. I had plenty of encounters with the law in my day as well. Never felt the cops treated me any differently when I was wrong than anyone else. Always treated fairly and deserved whatever justice was handed down to me.

I'm no fool and no classist. I guess I've risen through the classes as you want to see them. You however, seem to be a classist yourself.

The one good thing about this country and not yet truly screwed up.....success is there for those who put themselves on the path to have it.

Well its nice to see that 2 people you and I from similar backgrounds with different opinions of those background can flourish and not hate. unfortunately not everyone can escape those backgrounds. BTW the fool comment wasn't directed at you.

Comment

Don’t ever again compare or put white trash in the same sentence of racism..
                  I beg you to attend any courthouse , Bridgeport, New Haven and Derby and if that White trash defendant is dressed in a suit and tie, then how would you know he’s white Trash but yet Black is black suit or not.
                  White Trash don’t or won’t get profiled and shot by the police, black men do.
                  White Trash has no term in the dictionary related to racism but can be singled out as the term for Privileged whites as a racist word but for most termed as being poorly only.

Rascism applies to all of color not just being poor. And blacks apply to it all.

Comment

I beg you to attend any courthouse , Bridgeport, New Haven and Derby and if that White trash defendant is dressed in a suit and tie, then how would you know he’s white Trash but yet Black is black suit or not.
                    White Trash has no term in the dictionary related to racism but can be singled out as the term for Privileged whites as a racist word but for most termed as being poorly only.

Rascism applies to all of color not just being poor. And blacks apply to it all.
                    Oh ok
                    https://youtu.be/ROLBRMBT6Cg

Comment

Hmmmm
                      https://youtu.be/OflGwyWcft8

Comment

The OP was right. White Trash don’t get profiled by the police like Black men do. I saw this video before on TV and nothing demonstrated to me a case of Profiling. The police officer was Rogue and would have done the same thing if the Victim/suspect was Chinese so you can search The internet all day digging up White Trash police brutality, but there’s a hundred Black victims of police brutality for each one you produce.
                        Blacks make up 12% of the 300 million plus population and the odds are staggering that they stand at a 4 times more chance than any other being shot by the police.
                        The most hurtful part of all this is the fact that the Police officers who are nvolved in any of these Black brutality cases in the past 12 years are found gulilty of a crime 27% of times with a 3% jail sentence rate most just forced into retirement/fired with or without pay.

With those stats, that’s why we call it Racism.

Comment

The OP was right. White Trash don’t get profiled by the police like Black men do. I saw this video before on TV and nothing demonstrated to me a case of Profiling. The police officer was Rogue and would have done the same thing if the Victim/suspect was Chinese so you can search The internet all day digging up White Trash police brutality, but there’s a hundred Black victims of police brutality for each one you produce.
                          Blacks make up 12% of the 300 million plus population and the odds are staggering that they stand at a 4 times more chance than any other being shot by the police.
                          The most hurtful part of all this is the fact that the Police officers who are nvolved in any of these Black brutality cases in the past 12 years are found gulilty of a crime 27% of times with a 3% jail sentence rate most just forced into retirement/fired with or without pay.

In how many of those instances was the person in the act of a crime?

Comment

In how many of those instances was the person in the act of a crime?

All Black men are committing a crime all of the time, shoot first and ask questions later.
                            Dead men carry no tales or in those cases can’t testify 😁

Comment

you are using the wrong stats
                              since not all people commit crimes - what % of blacks are described as criminals?
                              now do your math

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X