I just dont want to pass the ball why should i

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had a team with a Kevin where the coach's game plan is to have everyone try to kick the ball up to Kevin to score?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Has anyone had a team with a Kevin where the coach's game plan is to have everyone try to kick the ball up to Kevin to score?
      Yes, daddy coach puts son up top. Kid can't score. but daddy always says nice kick or unlucky to keep his spirits up while the other kids are pissed.

Comment

Yes, daddy coach puts son up top. Kid can't score. but daddy always says nice kick or unlucky to keep his spirits up while the other kids are pissed.
        Kevin can't do it alone. He needs the right pass from the left to his right foot to catch the keeper off guard.

Comment

Kevin keeps screaming for the ball and they look selfish when they don’t pass it.

Comment

Someone posted on here awhile back that coaches actually time how long players hold the ball. Do they want players who can make quick, smart and accurate passing decisions?

Comment

Most coaches in Florida are clueless about the game no matter how many years they have been coaching. Stupid does not get smart over time, it just repeats stupid. You can find the lack of passing and the praise of the ball hog, who really would suck against any team that knows how to play, all over the state and especially in the smaller markets where there is no true 5 day a week academy clubs.

Comment

Most coaches in Florida are clueless about the game no matter how many years they have been coaching. Stupid does not get smart over time, it just repeats stupid. You can find the lack of passing and the praise of the ball hog, who really would suck against any team that knows how to play, all over the state and especially in the smaller markets where there is no true 5 day a week academy clubs.
                My biggest problem is the coaches who want the long ball pass up to the corner or up top for every play. The players get the ball and are conditioned to have to kick the ball long and sometimes it works but more often the possession is lost and kick ball begins again.

Comment

Yes, my son was the Kevin on our team. The coach told everyone else to pass it to him and told him to go straight to goal. It worked 90% of the time and he scored, we won a lot of games and tournaments and the parents and players were all happy.

during one tough game he told them at halftime,,"forget about everything else, just get the ball to Kevin everytime you touch it." The other team triple teamed my kid so he didn't score that game and we lost.

After the game in the team huddle the coach said, "its not Kevin's fault, we would not be where we are as a team without Kevin and all the goals he scored this year so he is responsible for getting us here."

My kid got in the car and said, "Dad what was I supposed to do, I get tired of them relying on me for everything and its too hard to score everytime I touch the ball" Which I agreed with.

Sometimes the coaches ride the superstar genetically gifted kid too much and need to back off and let the other kids have a chance. But I am just a parent so who am I to say anything to the coach.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X