Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If kids can't pass and receive the ball with near certainty then what is the point of practicing corner?

It is better to teach in game crosses that occur far more often and share a majority of actual elements involved in a cross but are far more organic in nature. If forwards can get behind the defense and cross consistently then the corner kicks will be easier later on to teach and far more meaningful.
    I posted earlier that at that age there are still so many other skills that need to be mastered and really aren't in this country. Compound that with the no heading rule and spending little time on it makes all the sense in the world.

Comment

Come on over to da , we work on corners all the time , really important , especially at young ages when they have no idea what to do
      All this talk of working on corners...How about you work on shooting. If you do a better job shooting, then you wouldn't have to work on taking corners. Our team is so good, we practice defending kickoffs.

Comment

I am a coach and the most important part of practice is sending them on laps around the complex. The parents think I am tough and getting them fit while I am really checking my tinder account

Comment

I am a coach and the most important part of practice is sending them on laps around the complex. The parents think I am tough and getting them fit while I am really checking my tinder account
          And you are coaching a U8 team.....

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X