Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Training for 1 v 1 skills

Where's the best 1v1 training for a u12 boy in Palm Beach county?

Seriously though...I'm thinking of taking my kid out of the DA program and going back to basics for a year or two

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Seriously though...I'm thinking of taking my kid out of the DA program and going back to basics for a year or two
      why are you leaving the DA program?

Comment

why are you leaving the DA program?
        I'm thinking that it may be a bit too much too soon. Too many practices, too much expense associated with DA travel. My kid enjoys competing at that level and does very well, but it takes a toll. This is a long road and at u12 not sure that we need this commitment now. It will ultimately be his choice to make for next year, but I thought I would bring it up as an option. 1v1 skills are the main thing I see that he could improve on, and he might do well to focus on those skills for a year. I do realize that it will be more difficult to drop back in to DA in a year or two. Finding out about the politics and how difficult it can be to break through groups with the inside track...even if your kid is obviously better than one that's already on the team...just a thought at this point.

Comment

I'm thinking that it may be a bit too much too soon. Too many practices, too much expense associated with DA travel. My kid enjoys competing at that level and does very well, but it takes a toll. This is a long road and at u12 not sure that we need this commitment now. It will ultimately be his choice to make for next year, but I thought I would bring it up as an option. 1v1 skills are the main thing I see that he could improve on, and he might do well to focus on those skills for a year. I do realize that it will be more difficult to drop back in to DA in a year or two. Finding out about the politics and how difficult it can be to break through groups with the inside track...even if your kid is obviously better than one that's already on the team...just a thought at this point.
          If you're not trolling, the part about getting back into it is valid. Also, add the fact that coaches and directors will question your commitment level going forward. Every practice and meeting missed will be questioned, provided your son is accepted back onto the team.

Comment

If you're not trolling, the part about getting back into it is valid. Also, add the fact that coaches and directors will question your commitment level going forward. Every practice and meeting missed will be questioned, provided your son is accepted back onto the team.
            Not trolling. If coach Rodolfo was available in Palm Beach I would take my kid to him, but he's running the Boca Juniors academy in North Miami last time I heard...and that's a bit too far.

Comment

IF you are not a troll, you make some valid points. u12 DA by the way is very easy. everyone plays about 50%. wait until u13 & u14. all the same stress and intense practices and no guarantee of playing time over the weekend. and if playing time is low it doesn't even mean your kid is not a good DA player. your kid could be a 6.5 as a DA player but if he's behind a kid who is an 8 or a 9, playing time will be scarce. you are correct to think about it, but it all boils down to options... if you are a troll, you made me waste 3 mins of my life that i will never get back

Comment

... if you are a troll, you made me waste 3 mins of my life that i will never get back
                Ha ha ha...funny...not trolling. Like a said my kid does very well and plays a lot. One of my biggest concerns is the money honestly. Who needs to spend thousands of extra $ per season just to go to tournaments overseas...at 10 or 11? don't see the logic behind that. I know a lot of parents that do well and love to say that their kid is flying here or there with their team. I just don't see the point at this age.

Comment

Ha ha ha...funny...not trolling. Like a said my kid does very well and plays a lot. One of my biggest concerns is the money honestly. Who needs to spend thousands of extra $ per season just to go to tournaments overseas...at 10 or 11? don't see the logic behind that. I know a lot of parents that do well and love to say that their kid is flying here or there with their team. I just don't see the point at this age.
                  if this is your biggest issue w DA then stay for sure. but i am telling you as they get older playing time and grades are the top issues not international trips.

Comment

What DA around Palm Beach is playing overseas at U12?

Comment

What DA around Palm Beach is playing overseas at U12?
                      I said I was looking for a good 1 v 1 coach around PB...

Comment

Where's the best 1v1 training for a u12 boy in Palm Beach county?
                        a wall and the soccer ball is all you need.

Comment

The point is the coach gets a vacation

Comment

I said I was looking for a good 1 v 1 coach around PB...
                            Adam Gee at Palm Beach Gardens is great, if he does not have time to personally train
                            your son, he has the best trainers in the area on his staff

Comment

Adam Gee at Palm Beach Gardens is great, if he does not have time to personally train
                              your son, he has the best trainers in the area on his staff
                              Thank you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X