X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160731]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

The D3 players at the top 50 or so D3 schools (especially the ones listed here in this thread) probably played a lot their senior year on very good club teams. They did not end up in these top programs/schools by accident.
    And I never said they didn’t, what I said is many were already prepared for the little or no PT going to College.

Once you recognize the door is not knocking for the big D1s you start to question ones level. There’s many that got all the HS awards but couldn’t make the ECNLs or DA programs, and then they believe a D3 school will guarantee PT.

Comment

All 5 CT girls at MIT, Chicago, & Johns Hopkins should be commended for having the academic chops to get in to those schools AND for using their soccer credentials to push their applications to the top of the pile - a pile of thousands of other smart white girls from across the country who did not get in.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160819]

On each of the ECNL teams you might be lucky to find 1 or 2 kids with the academic chops to get into Williams college. In many instances it's more difficult than some of the Ivies like Brown or Columbia. For many families, they have the ability to "write the check" for a top school and soccer is a just a means to get admitted to the school.

In the end, everyone has different priorities. There are definitely some schools that would be a good middle ground but I'd like my job prospects coming out of D3 Williams over D1 Marist any day!
        Each and every ECNL team has 1 or 2 kids that can get into Williams?! You must be joking, right? https://communications.williams.edu/...ittedstudents/ pay attention to the details about ethnicity and then remember how lily white higher level soccer is.

Comment

All 5 CT girls at MIT, Chicago, & Johns Hopkins should be commended for having the academic chops to get in to those schools AND for using their soccer credentials to push their applications to the top of the pile - a pile of thousands of other smart white girls from across the country who did not get in.

to be at any of those schools and getting lots of PT is really rewarding.

Comment

to be at any of those schools and getting lots of PT is really rewarding.
            Listen, for the kids that play at ECSU or Gettysburg College or anywhere else ..... it should be fun and rewarding. 99.9% of the world's players are not at the highest level and it shouldn't diminish their zest for competition or love of the game one bit .... for any sport at any level .... even if it is just rec.

Comment

Listen, for the kids that play at ECSU or Gettysburg College or anywhere else ..... it should be fun and rewarding. 99.9% of the world's players are not at the highest level and it shouldn't diminish their zest for competition or love of the game one bit .... for any sport at any level .... even if it is just rec.
              Stop making sense. That isn't allowed on this board.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160777]

and the D3 rosters have the best players in the country. Thank you D3 dad. Fairfield will have more depth and overall better athletes. You're an idiot slob.
                Actually I am pretty fit, my D is getting recruited by the crappy D1 schools that your mediocre daughter committed to. I am just a little more aware that bottom D1 soccer and by Fairfield I mean the bottom (4 wins per year the last 3 years) is the same as Top D3.

Cmon man no need to justify your choice

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160887]

Actually I am pretty fit, my D is getting recruited by the crappy D1 schools that your mediocre daughter committed to. I am just a little more aware that bottom D1 soccer and by Fairfield I mean the bottom (4 wins per year the last 3 years) is the same as Top D3.

Cmon man no need to justify your choice
                  Nice story dumb dumb. I love how all these parents think every school in the country is recruiting their kid. Connecticut most have 500 kids playing D1

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160901]

Nice story dumb dumb. I love how all these parents think every school in the country is recruiting their kid. Connecticut most have 500 kids playing D1
                    oh buyers remorse (sickening feeling), it's ok your D did not have many other options

Comment

Two athletes from Westport play for Amherst as well.

Comment

Two athletes from Westport play for Amherst as well.
                        The discussion was about top academic WITH top soccer programs in D3. Nescac got 5 in, Amherst wasn't one.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2160823]

And I never said they didn’t, what I said is many were already prepared for the little or no PT going to College.
                          The 10th off the bench - probably. Not sure about these CT kids but I am key players on top D3 or D2 teams were going to get playing time in D1 programs. I would add Amherst as a traditionally top team.

Comment

The discussion was about top academic WITH top soccer programs in D3. Nescac got 5 in, Amherst wasn't one.
                            Amherst won NESCAC last year. Most of the CT kids are not going to play on an ACC team and win the NCAA. If your child can play D1 at a MAAC or NEC school but also has the opportunity and means to attend a NESCAC school it should be a no brainer and choose the NESCAC school. The purpose of going to school is to get a good job and make a living and take care of us parents when we get old. I think Manhattan College is the only MAAC or NEC school with a ROI above Williams. If you're stuck on D1 the Patriot league is a good choice. A lot of schools with solid ROIs.

If you kid already knows their major then that also has a huge impact on your school selection.

Comment

Amherst won NESCAC last year. Most of the CT kids are not going to play on an ACC team and win the NCAA. If your child can play D1 at a MAAC or NEC school but also has the opportunity and means to attend a NESCAC school it should be a no brainer and choose the NESCAC school. The purpose of going to school is to get a good job and make a living and take care of us parents when we get old. I think Manhattan College is the only MAAC or NEC school with a ROI above Williams. If you're stuck on D1 the Patriot league is a good choice. A lot of schools with solid ROIs.

If you kid already knows their major then that also has a huge impact on your school selection.
                              Manhattan??? Wait, what??? Better ROI than Williams. Please put the crack pipe down and step away from your vehicle!

Comment

Manhattan??? Wait, what??? Better ROI than Williams. Please put the crack pipe down and step away from your vehicle!
                                That's because they have an engineering school and a lot of the other grads end up working in the city where wages are higher. Manhattan College is ranked 57 and Williams is 108. If you want to your kid to be a hippie and make no money you can send them to Wesleyan ranked 611

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X