Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girls DA Florida Showcase

Good way to gauge where the 6 MA teams stack up against national competition so feel free to post scores here stars & bba parents/coaches. It’s your first prom.

surely they already know this based on College interest and offers. How the team does is largely irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Good way to gauge where the 6 MA teams stack up against national competition so feel free to post scores here stars & bba parents/coaches. It’s your first prom.
      First prom as a freshman. There will be many more dances. I wouldn't base success or failure based on one event - but plenty of TS posters will of course ;)

Comment

Breakers 03 lost 2-1

Comment

Breakers 03 lost 2-1
          The club they lost to was 3-8-2 with a -24 goal differential in the fall.

Comment

Well yeah, wouldn't they match up teams with equal results? The BBA 03 team is NOT good, so they played a team that isn't very good either.

Wouldn't make sense to have them go in and play a strong team and get crushed, no development for either team in that scenario.

Comment

Well yeah, wouldn't they match up teams with equal results? The BBA 03 team is NOT good, so they played a team that isn't very good either.

Wouldn't make sense to have them go in and play a strong team and get crushed, no development for either team in that scenario.
              That 03 BBA DA team would beat 95% of all 03 teams in New England. There are maybe about 3-4 teams tops that would beat them regularly. So perhaps we need to re-define “NOT good” a bit shall we. Yes, they are clearly not as strong as SSS and Stars top teams, and a few other strong teams. But all things being relative, I’d say they are far from “not good.”

Comment

They can’t finish!

Comment

That 03 BBA DA team would beat 95% of all 03 teams in New England. There are maybe about 3-4 teams tops that would beat them regularly. So perhaps we need to re-define “NOT good” a bit shall we. Yes, they are clearly not as strong as SSS and Stars top teams, and a few other strong teams. But all things being relative, I’d say they are far from “not good.”
                  DA is supposed to the "best" of the "best". If there are 3 or 4 teams in New England that would beat them regularly, they are not "that good". I'm using my comparison at the DA level, they are not good. I'm sure that most NPL teams would beat most NEP teams, but it doesn't mean those teams are all that great......

Comment

They can’t finish!
                    Im no saying this is true, but this is a HUGE point that gets overlooked by so many. A good team that lacks finishing can get beaten by weaker teams with a finisher or more proficient form set pieces.

There are many teams with deceiving records based on this.

I have never understood the fascination with who wins. Would you feel better abut your kid if her team had a stud finisher and they won games playing exactly the same way but this kid converting chances?

You have to look at the big picture and how your kid plays and forget the rest.

another way of looking at ti is if you could alter the results of games materially by switching one or two players between the teams, then lets face it ..the teams are pretty equivalent. Individual players may not be.

This switch test applies to the majority of games i see .

Comment

DA is supposed to the "best" of the "best". If there are 3 or 4 teams in New England that would beat them regularly, they are not "that good". I'm using my comparison at the DA level, they are not good. I'm sure that most NPL teams would beat most NEP teams, but it doesn't mean those teams are all that great......

its not tho is it. parents determine who plays where.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        The way the showcases are set up is that the top halves play the top halves in other regions, and the bottom halves play the bottom halves. DA generally matches them up as best they can to come out 1-1-1.

Comment

its not tho is it. parents determine who plays where.
                          Correct. Not all offers are accepted. Same goes for ECNL. There are plenty of great players not playing either, and there is no one top national league with all the top talent or all the best teams.

Comment

Da is as only as good as the players that come to play in it just like any place else. Soccer leagues are not "if you build it they will come" deals.

Comment

Da is as only as good as the players that come to play in it just like any place else. Soccer leagues are not "if you build it they will come" deals.
                              DA is awful soccer. The club that mY kid is at the top players are on ECNL

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X