Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    you just nailed whats wrong with the whole thing. Being a better player gets the exposure. Too many families forget that.
    All I did was explain how it works. Is it right? Of course not. But in the end college is what drives much of the decision making process. Clubs and leagues know it and use it to their advantage.

Comment

The solution to all these problems is to start another new and more elite league.
      Extreme National Optimal Unsurpassed Greatest Highest League or the ENOUGH league.

Comment

Extreme National Optimal Unsurpassed Greatest Highest League or the ENOUGH league.
        otherwise known as GDAP.

Comment

All I did was explain how it works. Is it right? Of course not. But in the end college is what drives much of the decision making process. Clubs and leagues know it and use it to their advantage.
          sure, but the thing i find interesting is how you separate being a good player from the process. I see College options as the end result of being a good player. For the best players the College process is a breeze.

If people spent more time getting better and less dead time travelling to events, worrying about which College coaches were on the sidelines ..

Comment

otherwise known as GDAP.
            Pretty much. Jig kinda is up on the whole unseemly business of youth sports.

Comment

sure, but the thing i find interesting is how you separate being a good player from the process. I see College options as the end result of being a good player. For the best players the College process is a breeze.

If people spent more time getting better and less dead time travelling to events, worrying about which College coaches were on the sidelines ..
              Good luck with that. You've described the system and I don't see it changing any time soon, not even in GDA.

Comment

Is there any chance NPL or ECNL teams could play DA teams at a college showcase? Or does the tournament set it up so only DA teams play DA teams?

Comment

Is there any chance NPL or ECNL teams could play DA teams at a college showcase? Or does the tournament set it up so only DA teams play DA teams?
                  Pretty sure that DA has their own tournaments so they don't have to play the rift-raft of NPL or ECNL teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                    Pretty sure that DA has their own tournaments so they don't have to play the rift-raft of NPL or ECNL teams.
                    Or riff-raff. DA only plays DA.

Comment

Or riff-raff. DA only plays DA.
                      Exhibit A in how DA interests do not align with interests of players. Let's travel far and wide to only play other DA teams instead of competitive teams next door. Same goes for all similarly arranged leagues

Comment

CASL was one of the worst tournaments I've attended in a while. The fields were in terrible shape. We played in three different locations, including the main complex and I was shocked at how bad they were. I thought it was supposed to be a premier event? Mind you, the refereeing was much better than what you'd get in MA.

Comment

Exhibit A in how DA interests do not align with interests of players. Let's travel far and wide to only play other DA teams instead of competitive teams next door. Same goes for all similarly arranged leagues
                          But why single out the GDA ? ECNL wrote the book on that. Based on what I have seen, The GDA cannot support more than one high quality team per Club in this area.

Comment

But why single out the GDA ? ECNL wrote the book on that. Based on what I have seen, The GDA cannot support more than one high quality team per Club in this area.
                            Yes. Same goes for the ECNL which is the DA model. Basically both have same set up.

Comment

I think you meant the club cannot support more than one high quality team per age group, e.g. PDA cant have U18 ecnl and GDA teams and still mop the floor BUT maybe one pro to this scenario is ecnl teams are not centered around two or three players per age group now and have to play a more balanced game using more players. No one benefits when coaching centers the game around 2-3 individuals - let gda have the divas. At stars da at this age there is an imbalance in defensive players to offensive. Maybe ussf just wants the latter and figures on converting some to defenders - jmo

Comment

I think you meant the club cannot support more than one high quality team per age group, e.g. PDA cant have U18 ecnl and GDA teams and still mop the floor BUT maybe one pro to this scenario is ecnl teams are not centered around two or three players per age group now and have to play a more balanced game using more players. No one benefits when coaching centers the game around 2-3 individuals - let gda have the divas. At stars da at this age there is an imbalance in defensive players to offensive. Maybe ussf just wants the latter and figures on converting some to defenders - jmo
                                The DFL - Diva Free League

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X