Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    ah the good old "your kid sicks post". so refreshing and original.
    No one knows if his kid sucks or not
    He stated a **** school spent the time to send a negative eval at a showcase unsolicited
    Ive never met the coach who would do that- have you?

Comment

No one knows if his kid sucks or not
      He stated a **** school spent the time to send a negative eval at a showcase unsolicited
      Ive never met the coach who would do that- have you?
      Must be why it's a lousy program. Sounds like the coach isn't exactly winning people over with his charm. Different poster but the only negative things my player has received (not many either) is a small tweak they want or similar. Coaches generally don't' have time to write a full email for a player they're not interested in. At best you might get a "we're taking a pass" email but more typical is you you never hear from them again.

Comment

Must be why it's a lousy program. Sounds like the coach isn't exactly winning people over with his charm. Different poster but the only negative things my player has received (not many either) is a small tweak they want or similar. Coaches generally don't' have time to write a full email for a player they're not interested in. At best you might get a "we're taking a pass" email but more typical is you you never hear from them again.
        These coaches coach soccer for a living. They're not rocket scientists. Consider the source before you get offended.

Comment

These coaches coach soccer for a living. They're not rocket scientists. Consider the source before you get offended.
          If my kid was a rocketeer the scientist might have a shot at offending me
          Right now Sheldon and his friends have none

Comment

True they often can't stay to talk, especially if they've come to the first half of a game. they've got too many players to see. Feedback my kid has gotten tends to be very positive with an occasional "I'd like to see you work on X." Agree that if you her nothing they're not interested and it's time to move on.
            They aren’t aloud to stay and speak to your kid. Learn the rules. Unless she is from staples and is a u18 soph😂

Comment

So, my kid went to a speed dating event. She actually became ill the day before, so we tried to cancel, but the coach wanted to see her and persuaded her to come to the second day. So, she came to the second day and received an eval thereafter that said she was a strong player with good skills, very technical, scrappy, too, worked hard, but her speed of play needed to be a hair quicker. Really coach? Thanks for that, because she was playing with a 103 fever, headache, and nausea. But, great assessment. Thanks for pushing her to come to the event.

Hey, Michael Jordan won an NBA championship with a 102 degree fever and he scored like 40 points doing it.

I guess you have to decide if you got the motivation to do the job or not.

No excuses.

Comment

I love the parent who can't take any critisism of his/her special Mia. Here's a clue: your kid isn't the next WNT player to be called up and she has holes in her game, just like everybody, including the pros. Take the criticism and improve in the area of weakness. I'm willing to bet other coaches noticed it too. The attitude "who cares" shows your player has limited self-awareness and is over-confident, neither traits potential employers or coaches appreciate.

I'd bet if you had a frank discussion with her club coach regarding a detailed player evaluation, the weakness would likely be mentioned there as well.

Comment

I love the parent who can't take any critisism of his/her special Mia. Here's a clue: your kid isn't the next WNT player to be called up and she has holes in her game, just like everybody, including the pros. Take the criticism and improve in the area of weakness. I'm willing to bet other coaches noticed it too. The attitude "who cares" shows your player has limited self-awareness and is over-confident, neither traits potential employers or coaches appreciate.

I'd bet if you had a frank discussion with her club coach regarding a detailed player evaluation, the weakness would likely be mentioned there as well.
                  ^^^^
                  This. All great players work on their deficiencies. One of the reason they became great

Comment

^^^^
                    This. All great players work on their deficiencies. One of the reason they became great
                    Absolutely.

Messi, Lilley, Pele, Ronaldo, Hamm, Cruyff and so many others who play and played at the very top... They all have one thing in common.

Where do you find these players 30 minutes after team training is done?

On the field, working on deficiencies.

Motivation always come from within. You have to admire the people who inspired these greats to find that motivation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X