Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    BB was the guest speaker at the ODP Region 3 Alabama camp. She is a role model and inspiration for the players.
    BB and Vic have several recruits verbally committed out of the current Region 3 Pool.

Comment

UF doesn't go around randomly seeking out players anywhere. If they were at Ft. Myers or Alabama it's because they have their eyes on certain players already and just getting another opportunity to see them play. Anyone who thinks they're going to get an offer simply because Becky showed up at their game is delusional.
      The top D1 colleges like UF will follow and go watch players many times before they make an offer. It is refreshing to see D1 Florida colleges who attend Florida events like ODP training and search for Florida's top players.

Comment

Most successful folks I know spent their college careers focused on other pursuits and gave up scholastic sports for intramurals if anything. A player can have a great teen playing experience and then spend college focused on new pursuits that do not involve soccer. Fine to pursue college soccer. But great players that want to use that time else where in college are not making some type of awful mistake. Players can get the impression in a gda type environment that that is what they should do with much of their time in college. It can be pervasive.
        Good advice. The player has to really love it and want the college playing. When the right college and soccer opportunity can not be obtained, then the player may be better off not playing in college and exploring the many other opportunities that college has to offer outside of athletics. There will be intramural soccer and adult soccer leagues too.

Comment

I heard calls are going out to 2003 girls for Region III International Trip. Any other age groups been contacted?
          I know 2000 and 2001 girl invites for international trips went out. The trips are now listed on the web site:

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/O...dp_girls_home/

Comment

I know 2000 and 2001 girl invites for international trips went out. The trips are now listed on the web site:

http://regioniii.usyouthsoccer.org/O...dp_girls_home/
            Costa Rica, England, and Germany!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X