Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Kid Left the DA structure and is Playing 1)ECNL 2)Club 3)Out of Soccer 4)HS Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Kid Left the DA structure and is Playing 1)ECNL 2)Club 3)Out of Soccer 4)HS Soccer

Please let us know some kids are just not able to get time playing at the DA level want to understand how to move forward ?

When you play da they strive to play everyone. Especially when you are the directors son. My advice is to start a soccer club.

Comment

Intersting comment thanks but I am not able to start my own and nor am I looking to take all the playing time away from better players than my child. So in the interst of facts I need a solution please understand I think or I feel my child might be at a cross road and I want a easy solution to keep them going and enjoyment. Rec would be too far down and I think they will quit . I am just not a soccer person need a little adivse ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Intersting comment thanks but I am not able to start my own and nor am I looking to take all the playing time away from better players than my child. So in the interst of facts I need a solution please understand I think or I feel my child might be at a cross road and I want a easy solution to keep them going and enjoyment. Rec would be too far down and I think they will quit . I am just not a soccer person need a little adivse ?
        DA is the only place for a truly competitive soccer player that either wants to get seen by the National teams scouts, play professional or play high level college soccer. All other soccer will be mostly just to play and have fun with friends. Some players can get onto a Div 1/2/3 soccer school, but much harder to be seen. Outside the DA the best soccer to participate in would be in order, ecnl, RPL, npl, cdl, usa, rec.

Comment

DA is the only place for a truly competitive soccer player that either wants to get seen by the National teams scouts, play professional or play high level college soccer. All other soccer will be mostly just to play and have fun with friends. Some players can get onto a Div 1/2/3 soccer school, but much harder to be seen. Outside the DA the best soccer to participate in would be in order, ecnl, RPL, npl, cdl, usa, rec.
          Thanks good input !

Comment

GDA has been in existence for a total of 4 months, but is now the ONLY place for competitive soccer?

Don't listen to this dumbazz. There are plenty of competitive leagues and teams out there. The GDA is not the ONLY option.

Comment

how old is your kid?

Comment

GDA has been in existence for a total of 4 months, but is now the ONLY place for competitive soccer?

Don't listen to this dumbazz. There are plenty of competitive leagues and teams out there. The GDA is not the ONLY option.
                I was talking about the boys side of things, dumbazz.

Comment

Leaving DA for another club's ECNL next season. Son wants to play HS. Been with OC for 3+ years so now is time for fresh start. Agree with some posts besides DA for exposure and high level competition ECNL is next in line. Not to concerned on a clubs win/loss record but what talent and exposure DA or ECNL team gets.

Comment

I was talking about the boys side of things, dumbazz.
                    My apologies. But you're still a dumbazz.

Comment

To the OP: it really depends on what your options are within a reasonable driving distance. What your son wants to do in terms of college or not, play in HS or not also matter. If he isn't aspiring to top D1 then DA is not a necessity. Also, if he isn't getting much PT at a DA club then he probably isn't top D1 material anyway. Again, depending on what clubs there are and what leagues they play in there are plenty of good clubs out there that still play highly competitive soccer. It takes a little more effort to get in front of coaches but DA can't begin to the fill all the college roster spots out there. Look at the rosters of schools he's interested in to gauge where they shop from.

If he isn't getting much PT and isn't enjoying it then start looking around. He can't go to practices at other clubs but at least you can go watch some local games and see the level, watch the coaches interact with players. Also make phone calls well before tryout time to gauge how many openings there will be. Being unhappy just isn't worth it.

Comment

Leaving DA for another club's ECNL next season. Son wants to play HS. Been with OC for 3+ years so now is time for fresh start. Agree with some posts besides DA for exposure and high level competition ECNL is next in line. Not to concerned on a clubs win/loss record but what talent and exposure DA or ECNL team gets.
                        Why my son left DA, he went to another club (before ECNL had been instituted). D1, D2, etc. is mostly about taking the helm of that bus. Yes, DA kids get endless coaches at games. But if you don't play, no one will see you. If a player is good, no matter the league, there will a place for him in college soccer (D1 or otherwise).

Comment

This moron is an example of what is wrong with soccer in this country. You have it ass backwards. First you play soccer for fun. Typically the more a player likes the game the better they get - whether they are an elite player or not. Then the player progresses. DA is a joke - it was put together by a bunch of "experts" who have not advanced the game in this country at all - look at the most recent world cup "effort". DA has turned into a country club where rich white kids run around and act like they are great players because mommy and daddy can foot the bill. The idea that some minimally qualified idiots can look at a bunch of 7 year olds and decide which ones are going to be elite players ten years from now is a joke. The reason Latin American and European teams are great is because the players played as kids - wherever and whenever they could - because it was fun. That's what made them great. Does Africa have DA? No. But look at how many great players come out of African countries and are playing in Europe. You guys are a bunch of rich suburbanites jacking each other off because you live near a DA club and can afford it.

Comment

I personally like the comments so far my child was just not getting enough playing time and the results made my child not want to play or practice. I had to make a choice to remove my child and now trying to figure a new approach that’s all . I thank you all for the input and knowledge I wish the best for all . The DA system was just not the path for us for others it might be fine . I am going to check with local clubs and watch a few practices and talk with coaching and see if they have a curriculum. In our area there are no ECNL clubs near us so that’s not an option at this point. Thanks again for the input .

Comment

Boom. End the thread. Answers provided.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X