X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    #6 this week
    a top 10 PROGRAM is more than one or two years of success. Its repeatedly attracting the best players. FSU is a top 10 program even tho they are not in the top 10 this year.

Comment

a top 10 PROGRAM is more than one or two years of success. Its repeatedly attracting the best players. FSU is a top 10 program even tho they are not in the top 10 this year.
      So how many years do you need to be out of the top 10 to not be considered a top 10 program anymore? FSU attracted the top players (according to you), are not in the top 10, but they're a top 10 program...for how long do they hold that distinction? And how does someone become a top 10 program...how many years of attracting the best players?

Comment

So how many years do you need to be out of the top 10 to not be considered a top 10 program anymore? FSU attracted the top players (according to you), are not in the top 10, but they're a top 10 program...for how long do they hold that distinction? And how does someone become a top 10 program...how many years of attracting the best players?
        Yes, I would like to know this guys email. I have a bunch of questions I would like to email him because he seems to know a lot.

Comment

I love the according to you. I would say according to most.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florid...men%27s_soccer

For me, 10years of consistently high performance with the emphasis on the most recent years. . No idea what your criteria would be. They hold it until the performance falls away.

Comment

Yes, I would like to know this guys email. I have a bunch of questions I would like to email him because he seems to know a lot.
            Why do people get so bent when someone has a differing opinion? I told you mine and I explained my logic behind it. Does not men Im right. You can disagree all you want. Its the snarky comments than make me laugh.

Comment

Why do people get so bent when someone has a differing opinion? I told you mine and I explained my logic behind it. Does not men Im right. You can disagree all you want. Its the snarky comments than make me laugh.
              Learn how to type Mr Fat Finger FSU guy!

Comment

Learn how to type Mr Fat Finger FSU guy!
                Now you are correcting spelling mistakes. wow.

Comment

Probably someone having a little fun at your expense. Have you ever been on this site before now?

Comment

dont get mad- thats the sign you just won your argument
                    its tapping out TS style

Comment

A win against UNC in the 3rd round of the NCAA tourney will certainly help to get recruits.

Comment

A win against UNC in the 3rd round of the NCAA tourney will certainly help to get recruits.
                        I really wont tho. Princeton are always going to attract good players who want that IVY thing. They are not going to get the ones who dont. I know several of the 2018 Class and there are some top players in it. Beating UNC does not change it. By the way, they were resilient , but hardly the better team. (not that it matters)

Congrats to Princeton and I hope they beat UCLA.

Comment

I really wont tho. Princeton are always going to attract good players who want that IVY thing. They are not going to get the ones who dont. I know several of the 2018 Class and there are some top players in it. Beating UNC does not change it. By the way, they were resilient , but hardly the better team. (not that it matters)

Congrats to Princeton and I hope they beat UCLA.
                          That would be incorrect. Kids that might otherwise bypass the Ivy because they don’t think they can compete with the top academic ACC schools, will now give pause. Although I agree that UNC had the better of play, Princeton looked dangerous every time they went forward and going 3-0-1 (including the two finalists) against the ACC is not a fluke. Kids from poor families will get money. Kids from wealthy families don’t need it. It’s the group in the middle that’s a tougher sell. But don’t think for one second that a trip to the Elite 8 won’t help recruiting.

Comment

That would be incorrect. Kids that might otherwise bypass the Ivy because they don’t think they can compete with the top academic ACC schools, will now give pause. Although I agree that UNC had the better of play, Princeton looked dangerous every time they went forward and going 3-0-1 (including the two finalists) against the ACC is not a fluke. Kids from poor families will get money. Kids from wealthy families don’t need it. It’s the group in the middle that’s a tougher sell. But don’t think for one second that a trip to the Elite 8 won’t help recruiting.
                            I dont think yesterday made people SUDDENLY realize that though. You are talkinng abotu top players. Most of whom are very well aware of who is who. you are not breaking anything new. However,the issue is simple- do you get a forward who is capable of scaring the better teams and another player or two who can compete. If you do, then you will be competitive. Princeton can get that form the players who are interested in what and Ivy has to offer.

But to suggest that getting battered by UNC, winning because the UNC GK had a shocking game, is going to kick start recruiting to a whole new layer of players? I dont buy that at all .

Comment

ivys dont recruit- they select
                              they have different criteria for admissions so their path is harder but they still are never searching for quality kids

Comment

I dont think yesterday made people SUDDENLY realize that though. You are talkinng abotu top players. Most of whom are very well aware of who is who. you are not breaking anything new. However,the issue is simple- do you get a forward who is capable of scaring the better teams and another player or two who can compete. If you do, then you will be competitive. Princeton can get that form the players who are interested in what and Ivy has to offer.

But to suggest that getting battered by UNC, winning because the UNC GK had a shocking game, is going to kick start recruiting to a whole new layer of players? I dont buy that at all .
                                You must have been watching a different game. UNC was not impressive in any way in the first half. In the second, they woke up a bit but nearly all of their chances except for two were long range shots than a blindfolded GK could have saved. Princeton looked a bit more direct in the second half maybe as they tired, but in the first combined better than a somewhat direct UNC team. Overall, I’d say UNC was better but not outrageously so. As another posted said, Princeton is 3-0-1 against the ACC including their two finalists and a team that advanced to the Sweet 16. All of those games on the road no less. Win a 1-0 game while getting outshot 40-2 is a fluke. Going 3-0-1 on the road and outscoring the opposition 7-2 is not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X