Sherman Eagan Soccer Arrest

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That guy isn't right. Just look at the mug shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Yes the kid quit last year in mid season
      As usual, TS does not concern itself with facts. Facts are:

The kid in question quit at the end of the regular season two years ago as a result of ongoing issues with the coach at that time. She had already committed to BC for lax, which is her main sport.

Her parents, along with a group 2-3 families, brought the issue with the then coach and athletic director to the board of education. The coach, who was a good coach who had experienced some difficulty transitioning from coaching club to coaching girls HS soccer by all accounts, was not retained (and probably would not have come back anyway).

The kid in question then attended Taft last year and played both soccer and lacrosse there. A new girls soccer coach (who had previously assistant coached under JS and was the expected choice when JS resigned in 2015) was hired, and there were no issues. Parents behaved, kids behaved, overachieved.

The kid in question returned to Wilton HS this year for her senior year and was allowed to return to soccer team under current coach.

Of course this is a Wilton problem, but it is also a privileged Fairfield County problem and in some respects a national problem. We have placed too big a value on athletic accomplishment and ceased to maintain perspective and be civil with one another when faced with disagreement or adversity. Not one person on this board should be on a high horse and say this does not happen where they live. It may not be happening on an athletic field, but it is happening elsewhere in your community, be it in person on online.

Comment

She quit because there was turmoil over who should be captain. Her father and the father of another quitter petitioned the school board to fire the coach. The coach was let go after the seadon
        from other thread. funny but sad what she had to go through

Dear fellow TS readers,

Now do you believe me?

love,

Freya

Comment

The kid in question then attended Taft last year and played both soccer and lacrosse there. A new girls soccer coach (who had previously assistant coached under JS and was the expected choice when JS resigned in 2015) was hired, and there were no issues. Parents behaved, kids behaved, overachieved.

The kid in question returned to Wilton HS this year for her senior year and was allowed to return to soccer team under current coach.
          So the kid left Wilton HS to attend a private school for 1 year and then returned to Wilton HS? What the heck are these people doing?

Comment

So the kid left Wilton HS to attend a private school for 1 year and then returned to Wilton HS? What the heck are these people doing?
            Did you see the mugshot? They don't know what they are doing. He appears to be only slightly less balmy than Michael Keaton.

Comment

The kid in question quit at the end of the regular season two years ago as a result of ongoing issues with the coach at that time. She had already committed to BC for lax, which is her main sport.

Her parents, along with a group 2-3 families, brought the issue with the then coach and athletic director to the board of education. The coach, who was a good coach who had experienced some difficulty transitioning from coaching club to coaching girls HS soccer by all accounts, was not retained (and probably would not have come back anyway).

Of course this is a Wilton problem, but it is also a privileged Fairfield County problem and in some respects a national problem. We have placed too big a value on athletic accomplishment and ceased to maintain perspective and be civil with one another when faced with disagreement or adversity. Not one person on this board should be on a high horse and say this does not happen where they live. It may not be happening on an athletic field, but it is happening elsewhere in your community, be it in person on online.
              I’ll give you a little heads up as a former teacher of South Kent.
              If a Kid returns back to a public school from very expensive private school like a Taft, there’s a 99% chance she was told to withdraw instead of being kicked out! It’s her Senior year right? Something smells real bad about that story.

Just sayin.

Comment

Did you see the mugshot? They don't know what they are doing. He appears to be only slightly less balmy than Michael Keaton.
                Father was D1 hockey player and in minor leagues: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...y.php?pid=1518

Comment

If a Kid returns back to a public school from very expensive private school like a Taft, there’s a 99% chance she was told to withdraw instead of being kicked out! It’s her Senior year right? Something smells real bad about that story.

Just sayin.
                  Not defending kid or Dad, but again, TS not knowing the facts and speculating. Money issue.

Comment

Speak for yourself. Most student athletes and their parents keep it in perspective. Don't let a few wackos speak for everyone. For most it is just a game as it should be. Important but not overly important.

Comment

Speak for yourself. Most student athletes and their parents keep it in perspective.
                      Says the Dad posting this on TS........

Comment

Just sayin.
                        Let's not start accusations about a teenage girl. I actually feel really bad for her and her mother and any siblings she may have. This is a sad story about an out of control parent that may have prioritized athletic accomplishments over all else. The poor family is left to go on in town and get back to normalcy which will not be easy. This should be a lesson to all youth sports parents out there. It's only youth sports, just a small part of what makes a well rounded young adult. Faith, family, academics and many other things should be much more important than the accomplishments on the pitch

Comment

Let's not start accusations about a teenage girl. I actually feel really bad for her and her mother and any siblings she may have. This is a sad story about an out of control parent that may have prioritized athletic accomplishments over all else. The poor family is left to go on in town and get back to normalcy which will not be easy. This should be a lesson to all youth sports parents out there. It's only youth sports, just a small part of what makes a well rounded young adult. Faith, family, academics and many other things should be much more important than the accomplishments on the pitch
                          While I normally would agree with your sentiment, the whole reason this incident happened is the kid got a red card for overly physical play. With a first hand account, I can say she is an exceptional athlete but is a prima donna and not a particularly good teammate. And, look back to 2015. The mother was the vocal one about getting the previous coach fired. Poor family? You make your bed, you lie in it.

Comment

While I normally would agree with your sentiment, the whole reason this incident happened is the kid got a red card for overly physical play. With a first hand account, I can say she is an exceptional athlete but is a prima donna and not a particularly good teammate. And, look back to 2015. The mother was the vocal one about getting the previous coach fired. Poor family? You make your bed, you lie in it.
                            Agreed. No sympathy points here. Call it karmic justice I guess.

Comment

I agree , guess if the fathers name was new to everyone it wouldn’t be so bad , but I can only imagine the Father and the kid made some really bad enemies two years ago and I doubt those families wanted to see them back, but all in all it was basically contained in the schools soccer community. Now unfortunately he’s Got the whole Town in an embarrassing situation along with the schools name. I got kids and my emotions like most gets lost in the moment but if it was me I never would have brought her back to play, he put himself in a situation of “Murphy’s Law” .
                              I do wish the family well but looking at his Athletic background of Hockey, it could have been a lot worse.

Comment

I agree , guess if the fathers name was new to everyone it wouldn’t be so bad , but I can only imagine the Father and the kid made some really bad enemies two years ago and I doubt those families wanted to see them back, but all in all it was basically contained in the schools soccer community. Now unfortunately he’s Got the whole Town in an embarrassing situation along with the schools name. I got kids and my emotions like most gets lost in the moment but if it was me I never would have brought her back to play, he put himself in a situation of “Murphy’s Law” .
                                I do wish the family well but looking at his Athletic background of Hockey, it could have been a lot worse.
                                Looks like he's received worse beatdowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dClyH8ZJqYI

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X