Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Arenas is an old style coach not suited particularly well for today's athletes.
    Just as telling as a lack of young talent, or maybe even more so, is a shortage of quality in the coaching ranks.
    No young keepers?
    Same is true in England, save a few, where wash, rinse, repeat seems to be the mantra
    (Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, etc...)

And most important, many athletes in our country do not feel the need or pride to wear the uniform.
    Sad state...
    perhaps I'm being premature in saying this but he reminds me of Arsene Wenger and his lack of ability to motivate his team. However when playing for country, the motivations should be stronger- there is no one year contract or bad karma from the past. This is just unacceptable. I just hope it was one really weird OFF day for the team.

Comment

Allow me to translate all that garbage. Tim Ream sucks. As does any coach who would put him in a game.
      But he plays in the English Premier League!
      Isn't that the end all to be all?
      Leagues don't produce players, they're developed from a very young age over the globe.
      We need more Clint Dempsey's.

Comment

This comment is proof that no one wants to actually have a meaningful and intelligent discussion on this site about anything.
        Thanks for adding zero to the conversation as well

Comment

Leagues don't produce players, they're developed from a very young age over the globe.
          Actually Ream plays in the Championship and not the EPL

Comment

Arenas is an old style coach not suited particularly well for today's athletes.
            Just as telling as a lack of young talent, or maybe even more so, is a shortage of quality in the coaching ranks.
            No young keepers?
            Same is true in England, save a few, where wash, rinse, repeat seems to be the mantra
            (Allardyce, Pardew, Hughes, etc...)

And most important, many athletes in our country do not feel the need or pride to wear the uniform.
            Sad state...
            Arena is considered to be a players coach

Comment

He is a tired old man who should not be an integral part of our nat'l team.
              Add Altidore, Johnson or fill in the blanks for the rest of them...

Comment

He is a tired old man who should not be an integral part of our nat'l team.
                Add Altidore, Johnson or fill in the blanks for the rest of them...
                I agree. Dempsey and the rest -their time is done. And Howard is not a world class goalie any more. We have relied on the has beens for way too long

Comment

Dempsey as a super-sub makes perfect sense. He has elite skill. However, as long as there is a coach that believes Altidore is the best option we have up top the US will go nowhere. Pulisic was awful. By far the worst I've seen him play. We took far too many touches in the box. Should have had several goals but chose bad options. Honduras should be an easy win for any team going to the World Cup. If we don't beat them we certainly don't deserve anything more than what we get.

Comment

Dempsey as a super-sub makes perfect sense. He has elite skill. However, as long as there is a coach that believes Altidore is the best option we have up top the US will go nowhere. Pulisic was awful. By far the worst I've seen him play. We took far too many touches in the box. Should have had several goals but chose bad options. Honduras should be an easy win for any team going to the World Cup. If we don't beat them we certainly don't deserve anything more than what we get.
                    Elite skill .lolololol please stop. The USA refuse to ever admit where they are on the soccer ladder. We spend our time looking for soccer saviors. Look at the way the game is played by good teams and you realize we are miles away. CR were BY FAR the better team.

Pulisic has ability, but cmon. He is not going to do it alone and certainly is not close to the level the hype train would have you believe. CR keyed on him and you saw the difference between playing for Dortmund with multiple threats to playing for the US with none.

Comment

"Honduras should be an easy win for any team " - riiight

That's why they are in the qualifiers right ?

You think the US deserves to beat Honduras ? So much misguidance . US is an economic and military superpower . It's the equivalent of a tiny third world country when it comes to soccer . I think we as Americans need to have more realistic expectations.

Comment

You think the US deserves to beat Honduras ? So much misguidance . US is an economic and military superpower . It's the equivalent of a tiny third world country when it comes to soccer . I think we as Americans need to have more realistic expectations.
                        So we would beat Honduras in a war?

Comment

It I see realistic for the USA to make the World Cup in the easy North American qualifier then not do well in the big dance. We have done that for a long time. It is evident from the World Cup that small countries like Uruguay and Netherlands have done well. It is difficult to collect and train players from vast countries like the USA, Russia, and China. Brazil can manage because the majority of its talent is from the southern coast. So this time several of our small neighbors might just knock us out. Good for them! We have never been way better than them anyway.

Comment

It I see realistic for the USA to make the World Cup in the easy North American qualifier then not do well in the big dance. We have done that for a long time. It is evident from the World Cup that small countries like Uruguay and Netherlands have done well. It is difficult to collect and train players from vast countries like the USA, Russia, and China. Brazil can manage because the majority of its talent is from the southern coast. So this time several of our small neighbors might just knock us out. Good for them! We have never been way better than them anyway.
                            Exactly. Let's stop having unrealistic expectations for our boys. That's just plain foolish. We are just NOT a soccer nation. Get over it.

Comment

So we would beat Honduras in a war?
                              See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honduras

"American troops landed in Honduras in 1903, 1907, 1911, 1912, 1919, 1924 and 1925. In 1904 the writer O. Henry coined the term "Banana republic" to describe Honduras."

Comment

Yes US derserves to beat Honduras

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X