Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Truly, WashT had NOTHING to do with it. Just the facts.
    Does anyone else find it interesting that all the players that are being discussed are girls? No doubt that WashT had some part in the development but WashT does not focus on girls or have the right programs available to the girls (which is sad, since there is top talent in the club and on the north side of the river) hence they all end up leaving.

I wonder what WashT could be if they could retain their existing top talent girls, instead of being a developer of talent and then losing all the top talent for greener pastures.

Comment

Thanks, dad? Really? You just can't stand someone giving credit to that team. I'm a dad, for sure. My kid plays for another DA team and I've seen all the DA teams play, and I've seen the three good OYSA teams play. If you are trying to say that the WaTimbers DA team didn't play well...then I can't imagine what games you were watching....or whether you know much about what you are watching.
      We only beat them once...they are a good team. Get over it.
      Yeah, but if you know "dad", this is exactly what he would have written. He's a bit boastful and hangs on tight to his D license. The team plays well, but that doesn't mean there aren't some instances where junior gets preferences he hasn't earned.

Comment

Does anyone else find it interesting that all the players that are being discussed are girls? No doubt that WashT had some part in the development but WashT does not focus on girls or have the right programs available to the girls (which is sad, since there is top talent in the club and on the north side of the river) hence they all end up leaving.

I wonder what WashT could be if they could retain their existing top talent girls, instead of being a developer of talent and then losing all the top talent for greener pastures.
        The top tier for girls and boys is DA. WA Timbers will lose all top players to that even if they build a better girls program.

Comment

Yeah, but if you know "dad", this is exactly what he would have written. He's a bit boastful and hangs on tight to his D license. The team plays well, but that doesn't mean there aren't some instances where junior gets preferences he hasn't earned.
          Man, I just don't get why you are so bent against that squad or that coach. Now you are picking on their 13 year old GK, because he happens to be the son of the coach. Kid is excellent with his distribution which is an important piece in the DA set up. Strong shot stopper and appears to have good instincts in the times I've seen him play.

The gets preferences that he hasn't earned comment is a bit of a stretch too. If you attended any of the ODP tryouts, you will see that the coach/father is a part of the selection team, and the player was not placed. There are quite a few strong goalies at that age group. Nevertheless, the thirteen year old that you've now included in your rant against the club/coach was probably shattered that he didn't make it.
          You are well within the bounds to sure your grievances (anonomously), but maybe, unlike some of these other threads, you can show a modicum of class and leave the kid out of it.
          I'd certainly respect your opposing opinion more if you did.

Don't know anything about their coach being boastful. Wouldn't surprise me, or concern me. I can tell you that he's been generous with praise for our team, and I imagine some of the other teams in DA that play out of the back, transition well, and develop chances.

Comment

Man, I just don't get why you are so bent against that squad or that coach. Now you are picking on their 13 year old GK, because he happens to be the son of the coach. Kid is excellent with his distribution which is an important piece in the DA set up. Strong shot stopper and appears to have good instincts in the times I've seen him play.

The gets preferences that he hasn't earned comment is a bit of a stretch too. If you attended any of the ODP tryouts, you will see that the coach/father is a part of the selection team, and the player was not placed. There are quite a few strong goalies at that age group. Nevertheless, the thirteen year old that you've now included in your rant against the club/coach was probably shattered that he didn't make it.
            You are well within the bounds to sure your grievances (anonomously), but maybe, unlike some of these other threads, you can show a modicum of class and leave the kid out of it.
            I'd certainly respect your opposing opinion more if you did.

Don't know anything about their coach being boastful. Wouldn't surprise me, or concern me. I can tell you that he's been generous with praise for our team, and I imagine some of the other teams in DA that play out of the back, transition well, and develop chances.
            Ok coach! got it

Comment

Ok coach! got it
              Nope, not the coach. Not even with the club. But I'm sure that makes you feel better about being in the wrong. Man up, admit you are just a little wrong, and show some class.
              If you want to tear down 12 and 13 year olds, try joining the 05 thread. Maybe you can make some friends over there.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                nope, not the coach. Not even with the club. But i'm sure that makes you feel better about being in the wrong. Man up, admit you are just a little wrong, and show some class.
                If you want to tear down 12 and 13 year olds, try joining the 05 thread. Maybe you can make some friends over there.
                +1000

Comment

Nope, not the coach. Not even with the club. But I'm sure that makes you feel better about being in the wrong. Man up, admit you are just a little wrong, and show some class.
                  So, you choose to focus in on one comment and not look at the entire comment as a whole. Sounds like a daddy-coach move to me. Also, most people from other clubs wouldn't take things as far as you have, which leads me to believe you're dad

Comment

So, you choose to focus in on one comment and not look at the entire comment as a whole. Sounds like a daddy-coach move to me. Also, most people from other clubs wouldn't take things as far as you have, which leads me to believe you're dad
                    Again, mate...I completely endorse you complaining about whatever issue you have with that club, or any other club. I'm not keen on you bringing a young player into the mix. That's not cool and I think you should have some level of contrition there. You don't really appear contrite, rather you continue to deflect that I'm either connected to the club or the coach.

My kid plays for an opposing club 04 DA. Your team had the best overall record and played (generally) the USSDA method. It's a good team, it appears to be coached pretty well. That's the view from south of your border. You sound like you have first hand experience and that wasn't good for you....which if we are into the speculation game, means your little Johnny didn't quite make the team....

Comment

Again, mate...I completely endorse you complaining about whatever issue you have with that club, or any other club. I'm not keen on you bringing a young player into the mix. That's not cool and I think you should have some level of contrition there. You don't really appear contrite, rather you continue to deflect that I'm either connected to the club or the coach.

My kid plays for an opposing club 04 DA. Your team had the best overall record and played (generally) the USSDA method. It's a good team, it appears to be coached pretty well. That's the view from south of your border. You sound like you have first hand experience and that wasn't good for you....which if we are into the speculation game, means your little Johnny didn't quite make the team....
                      Again, you're position is a bit over-the-top and I'm sure you're part of the program. However, based upon your vocabulary selection, I doubt you're the coach given his quasi-neanderthal mentality. I hope you're sharing your significant other properly and earning quality PT.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073287]Again, you're position is a bit over-the-top and I'm sure you're part of the program. However, based upon your vocabulary selection, I doubt you're the coach given his quasi-neanderthal mentality. I hope you're sharing your significant other properly and earning quality PT

Whatevs. Just realized from your vocabulary, that you are not the dad of a player not good enough for the DA program, but more likely the mom.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073306]
                          Again, you're position is a bit over-the-top and I'm sure you're part of the program. However, based upon your vocabulary selection, I doubt you're the coach given his quasi-neanderthal mentality. I hope you're sharing your significant other properly and earning quality PT

Whatevs. Just realized from your vocabulary, that you are not the dad of a player not good enough for the DA program, but more likely the mom.
                          Now you're back. We were worried you left.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073390]

Now you're back. We were worried you left.
                            Oh, you don't have to worry about me, I'm thinking about moving to Spokane. I'm sure you will miss our little repartee...that is unless you are headed that way, too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2073467]

Oh, you don't have to worry about me, I'm thinking about moving to Spokane. I'm sure you will miss our little repartee...that is unless you are headed that way, too.
                              Great! They need a few good D licensed coaches. Bon voyage

Comment

Bret lover

Ok I'm not a Brett lover and by that I don't mean I dislike him I just don't agree with the way he coaches or goes about playing the game.
                                There are many ways to teach the game, sometimes it's a culture or lifestyle sometimes it's down to the coach.
                                My issue has always been who you know and not what you know. It's not a W T F C thing this is a soccer culture thing. The sad part for me is that Brett fell into the culture side if things. He had some great inevitive ideas but got caught up in the money and influence of the people that drive the club game.
                                You don't think the ***C are any better or worse than the rest. We have a programme that is flawed until that get fixed the rich soft under bellies kids will get the timbers spots work for 4 or 5 yrs and get kicked to the curb in Cavour if an African or Caribbean player who has more drive.
                                Bret got sucked into the Timbers way. He started bright but his light was dimmed by the upper middle class sad but true.
                                Not sure where we go from here but anyone that stands for something gets chopped down and treated as a leper not sure how we change it but change is something we must do to holt the MLS plague.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X