Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Connecticut

Notices

Connecticut Discussions about Connecticut soccer.

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'd put on a beater, tie my hair into a ponytail real quick, and get in my red charger and come over and kick your @$$ right now if there wasnt any snow on the ground ..... D@mned rear wheel drive car on fat slicks. You are so lucky, snowflake.
Ok, that's pretty funny!
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Just sit away from everyone and some ear buds work for me.
It is a shame because it is fun to actually listen to the game. Too bad there aren't some soccer parent noise cancelling earbuds to drown out their constant droning on.....
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

The parents on my kids team think they know everything about soccer and are constantly critiquing the kids and making excuses for losses, etc. They count down time and remind their kids how much time is left. Joystick the kids around the field meanwhile kids are trying to think for themselves and listen to their coach. I can't imagine the pressure they are putting on their kids. Games are not enjoyable being around them.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
The parents on my kids team think they know everything about soccer and are constantly critiquing the kids and making excuses for losses, etc. They count down time and remind their kids how much time is left. Joystick the kids around the field meanwhile kids are trying to think for themselves and listen to their coach. I can't imagine the pressure they are putting on their kids. Games are not enjoyable being around them.
I always think of one harmless soccer mom that drove me nuts ..... every time anyone besides her kid touched the ball she would say "Why don't they pass it?" or "Switch it" (when her daughter was on the other side of the field .... her daughter never passed or switched the ball.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Thumbs up

we have one mom that loudly criticizes kids BY NAME to everyone around her. It's maddening, esp. because I wonder if the kids can hear her too.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
we have one mom that loudly criticizes kids BY NAME to everyone around her. It's maddening, esp. because I wonder if the kids can hear her too.
We had parents like that on our daughter's team too. They lived in Weston.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I've had words with a dad like that. People thanked me after but of course they were too chicken to do it themselves
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I've had words with a dad like that. People thanked me after but of course they were too chicken to do it themselves
On my sons team I always enjoy when one of the loud parents who played soccer will coach them from the sidelines and then a few of his minions around him will just parrot the same thing. So we not only get the annoying parent coaching from the side but we get it thrice.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
It is a shame because it is fun to actually listen to the game. Too bad there aren't some soccer parent noise cancelling earbuds to drown out their constant droning on.....
OK....since it is the holidays, I apologize for constantly bad mouthing your out of shape daughter who cant get back on defense. Maybe you will get her a gym membership and a personal trainer for xmas.
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
OK....since it is the holidays, I apologize for constantly bad mouthing your out of shape daughter who cant get back on defense. Maybe you will get her a gym membership and a personal trainer for xmas.
To hear the best stories, you need to speak off the record with a Referee.