Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Clearwater's parents automatic response: Your child must have been cut!!!!!

I think it is in the training manual when you arrive at Clearwater's try out.

I got news for you Clearwater parent, did you know:

- A lot of good players Clearwater wants, turn the offer down.
    - That Clearwater is not considered a very good academy.
    - That the coaches make a lot of promises and do not back it up.
    - A lot of players don't even go to try out when invited because of the bad name of the program.
    - The coaches do not play by the rules.

I know, I know, your response is going to be: You are sour because your son did not make the academy team. (not true by the way, he was asked many times but did not want to go).
    You can say this about every club in Florida

Comment

- A lot of players don't even go to try out when invited because of the bad name of the program.

I know, I know, your response is going to be: You are sour because your son did not make the academy team. (not true by the way, he was asked many times but did not want to go).
      No, I don't know whether your son made it at the Chargers academy or didn't. My son is at the Chargers DA right now and maybe some of what you say is true about the coaches telling you things that you think that you think you want to hear but then it turns out not to be the case. Like positions, starting minutes (however they did tell us up front that some kids will not play as much and it needed to be earned), small added costs (but not much). Your point about not being a very good DA, may not be a good time to be making. Loads of talent in the Chargers DA that I can see, all the way down to the 12's, two older teams (the most important ones) at the top or near the top of the standings which I am not sure you see in the entire country from a non MLS academy. So, if you are going to bash them in the past when they were near the bottom, which I am sure you did, you also now need to praise them for being at the top up until this point of the season. Your point about a lot of good players turn it down I think is an exaggeration. I would not say a lot, I would say some yes, for various reasons, valid and not valid. Financial should not be one of them since they have financial assistance and for what your kid does and where he goes, fees are in line or less than any top traveling club in the area, Distance or too far is valid (the cast net can only go so far), coaching is maybe not your kids style that he loves can be valid, kid is not a great student and you don't want to take his time away or hurt his grades is valid, you hating what you don't know or for some perceived slight against your enormous ego, if that applies to you, is not valid. Your other point about it being a bad name is why kids don't tryout is like a number of other clubs in the area whose coaches and DOC's have the parents attention and one of their strategies to try and keep players is to continually bad mouth the program and over time that has an affect. I have talked with parents that are right now in that situation. Some parents are comfortable with their kid being one of the best players at his club and on his team that they don't even want to do their homework on how to bring their kid to the next level and then they settle while then becoming a mouth piece for their club against the DA. Some parents, which you can say is valid or not valid, fall in the love with the family atmosphere of the club they are at, love the other parents, love the other players on the team, love the trips that they go on and they don't want to leave that for the unknown. Some parents are afraid of their kids failing at something and don't want change. Are there other kids out in the ether that could have benefited greatly, and conversely the DA benefited, from going to the Chargers DA, yes. Are there kids that have not thrived in higher competitive level by going to the Chargers DA, also yes. Your kid has to make it on his own, he has to earn it at the Chargers DA and if he does, I truly believe after having been there for a few years, he will be a better player for it and for sure a much better showcase for college and beyond than any other program in the Tampa Bay area. Your last point about coaches don't play by the rules, I have never seen what you are talking about, can you elaborate. So now why don't you become a positive member of the youth soccer community and stop bashing the Chargers DA and figure out what to do to make it even better. Understand that many people are having a great experience at the Chargers DA and we are sorry, for whatever reason it did not work out for you, whether you were here or not here.

Comment

Why do you now bash the Chargers DA when and if, your son was asked to tryout and he never accepted the tryout? It seems like you have no legs to stand on, having never been there.

Comment

No, I don't know whether your son made it at the Chargers academy or didn't. My son is at the Chargers DA right now and maybe some of what you say is true about the coaches telling you things that you think that you think you want to hear but then it turns out not to be the case. Like positions, starting minutes (however they did tell us up front that some kids will not play as much and it needed to be earned), small added costs (but not much). Your point about not being a very good DA, may not be a good time to be making. Loads of talent in the Chargers DA that I can see, all the way down to the 12's, two older teams (the most important ones) at the top or near the top of the standings which I am not sure you see in the entire country from a non MLS academy. So, if you are going to bash them in the past when they were near the bottom, which I am sure you did, you also now need to praise them for being at the top up until this point of the season. Your point about a lot of good players turn it down I think is an exaggeration. I would not say a lot, I would say some yes, for various reasons, valid and not valid. Financial should not be one of them since they have financial assistance and for what your kid does and where he goes, fees are in line or less than any top traveling club in the area, Distance or too far is valid (the cast net can only go so far), coaching is maybe not your kids style that he loves can be valid, kid is not a great student and you don't want to take his time away or hurt his grades is valid, you hating what you don't know or for some perceived slight against your enormous ego, if that applies to you, is not valid. Your other point about it being a bad name is why kids don't tryout is like a number of other clubs in the area whose coaches and DOC's have the parents attention and one of their strategies to try and keep players is to continually bad mouth the program and over time that has an affect. I have talked with parents that are right now in that situation. Some parents are comfortable with their kid being one of the best players at his club and on his team that they don't even want to do their homework on how to bring their kid to the next level and then they settle while then becoming a mouth piece for their club against the DA. Some parents, which you can say is valid or not valid, fall in the love with the family atmosphere of the club they are at, love the other parents, love the other players on the team, love the trips that they go on and they don't want to leave that for the unknown. Some parents are afraid of their kids failing at something and don't want change. Are there other kids out in the ether that could have benefited greatly, and conversely the DA benefited, from going to the Chargers DA, yes. Are there kids that have not thrived in higher competitive level by going to the Chargers DA, also yes. Your kid has to make it on his own, he has to earn it at the Chargers DA and if he does, I truly believe after having been there for a few years, he will be a better player for it and for sure a much better showcase for college and beyond than any other program in the Tampa Bay area. Your last point about coaches don't play by the rules, I have never seen what you are talking about, can you elaborate. So now why don't you become a positive member of the youth soccer community and stop bashing the Chargers DA and figure out what to do to make it even better. Understand that many people are having a great experience at the Chargers DA and we are sorry, for whatever reason it did not work out for you, whether you were here or not here.
          I respect your opinion and agree with a lot of what you are saying. It is true that their are 2 sides to every story and hopefully this is now the case. My son did not accept the offer because of the bad history at the chargers. If that is changed, it only will be good for soccer.

It was not bashing, it was and is fact related.

Comment

Why do you now bash the Chargers DA when and if, your son was asked to tryout and he never accepted the tryout? It seems like you have no legs to stand on, having never been there.
            If you would only know............

I have been there before for several years with my other son playing DA and graduated from the DA, so yes I do know.

Comment

I respect your opinion and agree with a lot of what you are saying. It is true that their are 2 sides to every story and hopefully this is now the case. My son did not accept the offer because of the bad history at the chargers. If that is changed, it only will be good for soccer.

It was not bashing, it was and is fact related.
              LOL....your son did not get an offer...stop it LOL.

Offer would only be presented to a kid that tried out. So you would have us believe you actually received an offer to tryout, (doubtful).....then you went ahead and had your boy tryout and he received an offer to join squad....and only then you determined you did not like the club reputation/history?

Uh ok.....nice try Francis. LOL and all the drunk lil tbu daddies out there.

Comment

If you would only know............

I have been there before for several years with my other son playing DA and graduated from the DA, so yes I do know.
                I remember your kid. My boys made him go squat and pee a couple of times on the pitch. We never saw him again.

Comment

Played their 00 boys team , very good, parents polite on sidelines

Comment

Worst club ever. We joined this season and can't wait for the season to end! Our coach is pathetic. Training is border line rec.

Comment

Worst club ever. We joined this season and can't wait for the season to end! Our coach is pathetic. Training is border line rec.
                      righttttttt, welcome back drunky, happy new year

Comment

Good maybe you will leave now and not wait until next year?

Comment

Oh,not only do I believe you,I can even Vouch for you.They are the worst.

Comment

Oh,not only do I believe you,I can even Vouch for you.They are the worst.
                            My kid is at the Chargers DA and I love it. Best club that I have every been to.

Comment

With the set in stone announcement for the Miami MLS team, what does that mean for the Rowdies? Will they have any chance of getting one in the future or should they just hope for Pro/Rel? What does this mean for the chances of TBU getting a full DA? Right now there is 14 full DA's in the Southeast conference, 15 if you count UFA with the 16/17 team. If you add Nashville and Miami, that makes 17, maybe too many teams.

Comment

With the set in stone announcement for the Miami MLS team, what does that mean for the Rowdies? Will they have any chance of getting one in the future or should they just hope for Pro/Rel? What does this mean for the chances of TBU getting a full DA? Right now there is 14 full DA's in the Southeast conference, 15 if you count UFA with the 16/17 team. If you add Nashville and Miami, that makes 17, maybe too many teams.
                                All good questions:
                                1) Miami MLS has been pending for 3 years. MLS met with Rowdies a few years ago and verified that the award of an MLS team to Miami (eventually) would not weaken Rowdies chances of going MLS and encouraged the Rowdies to apply in the current application round. So basically, there has been no material change in the chances of the Rowdies going MLS in the future.
                                2) It has been established and reinforced many times that the fate of TBU getting full DA was not, and is not, linked to the Rowdies getting MLS. As has been pointed out, the Rowdies needed TBU to strengthen their MLS application much more than TBU needs the Rowdies to strengthen their case for full DA.
                                3) As far as the number of full DA's in the Southeast conference - what is the right number? If USSF has shown anything in regard to expansion the answer to "what is the right number" is always - more! Especially now that OC-MV DA is coming apart at the seams. That whole situation looks very vulnerable.

USSF has to be concerned about the OC-MV DA situation and the thin, dotted line connection of Clearwater Chargers to the High School with DA. I don't think they are ruling out expansion by any means.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X