Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Penn fusion produced phoebe mcclernon arguably the best centerback in the NCAA. First invitation to ynt comes now after her sophomore year. U23 camp. How did the ynt coaches miss her all these years? Good thing Swanson had a clue.
    she is underrated . look at the College awards. She is better than the kids making first team AA.

Swanson is a top 3 coach. Teams play attractive soccer and he develops really solid players in a team first environment. I think if he smashed it long more often he would have a NCAA title by now., but I respect him for sticking to playing his way.

One of the college teams I would pay to watch

Comment

Penn fusion produced phoebe mcclernon arguably the best centerback in the NCAA. First invitation to ynt comes now after her sophomore year. U23 camp. How did the ynt coaches miss her all these years? Good thing Swanson had a clue.
      YNT coaches focus on early bloomers not those ascending rapidly.

There are a lot of fish in the sea.

The best player on my child's team (mid tier conference, but rpi consistently between 20-50) only had one low level D2 offer until a new director at her club tipped off the college coach during the winter of her senior year, 1.5 months prior to NLI day. They technically brought her in as a walk on per se, with no scholarship but with a "we-will-correct-it" handshake deal and she's made all conference her first 3 years and was top 3 in MVP for Jr season.

It is not an exact science by any means.

Comment

YNT coaches focus on early bloomers not those ascending rapidly.

There are a lot of fish in the sea.

The best player on my child's team (mid tier conference, but rpi consistently between 20-50) only had one low level D2 offer until a new director at her club tipped off the college coach during the winter of her senior year, 1.5 months prior to NLI day. They technically brought her in as a walk on per se, with no scholarship but with a "we-will-correct-it" handshake deal and she's made all conference her first 3 years and was top 3 in MVP for Jr season.

It is not an exact science by any means.
        I dont think its early bloomers necessarily. Its what they know and see most often. If you see a kids best games you are more likely to place her poor ones into context. if you only see another player once for 20 mins and she does not light it up and you already have allegiances its unlikely you will change

Look at the sudden ascension of all thing Internationals. or the Colorado kids. Look at the YNTs when JD had more input.

These coaches stand to gain financially from attaching the success stories to resumes. Or pointing to them as evidence of success. Its a all interrelated. Watch what happens when the coaches change.

Comment

I think at some point some of these college coaches have to be saying I got oversold by this club and not believe the hype anymore as the difference between some of these kids getting the call up and kids from other unannointed clubs is not top 25 rpi D1 vs low D1 or no-name D3s.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
            I think at some point some of these college coaches have to be saying I got oversold by this club and not believe the hype anymore as the difference between some of these kids getting the call up and kids from other unannointed clubs is not top 25 rpi D1 vs low D1 or no-name D3s.
            Except where have you heard of a college coach saying they got oversold? Nowhere. You just assume that to be the case.

Comment

Perhaps the colleges should recruit heavily at the appropriate age to do so and not when their targets are barely teenagers.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                Perhaps the colleges should recruit heavily at the appropriate age to do so and not when their targets are barely teenagers.
                But they aren't missing the majority of kids. You can't make rules for the exceptions.

Comment

In reality your daughter needs to choose a school for academics and environment. What happens if the coach changes or she gets hurt. Your left with just school. Secondly how many of the DA or any other players will actually make a living at the end of college. And you can't play for your high school. Great memories I guess when you get out of school that you missed.

Comment

In reality your daughter needs to choose a school for academics and environment. What happens if the coach changes or she gets hurt. Your left with just school. Secondly how many of the DA or any other players will actually make a living at the end of college. And you can't play for your high school. Great memories I guess when you get out of school that you missed.
                    Of course. Any other path is just internet nonsense said for arguments sake. No reasonable student would actually choose an inappropriate university just for soccer.

Comment

I beg to differ. It happens all the time. They can say "I went DI!"

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X