Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Every soccer club in south florida is a revenue generator, period. Retaining players and recruiting new ones for more revenue is the goal. Player development is goal # 3 or 4, maybe. Each club is run by an above average functioning retard that may or may not have experience as a player.
    So paying a fortune for a cra* trainer for a ten year old is a better idea? No. Plenty of good coaching at clubs if you look for it. Give it a few years and if he or she takes off then consider supplemental training.

Comment

So paying a fortune for a cra* trainer for a ten year old is a better idea? No. Plenty of good coaching at clubs if you look for it. Give it a few years and if he or she takes off then consider supplemental training.
      If there was a decent coach at a club, then he would be working at the college or pro level. There is no coach in south florida youth soccer that will deliver the level of development needed for any player to succeed.

Comment

If there was a decent coach at a club, then he would be working at the college or pro level. There is no coach in south florida youth soccer that will deliver the level of development needed for any player to succeed.
        Many of the coaches that coach in college you would not want anywhere near a 10 year old. For same reason you would not want Popovich coaching a 10 year old AAU team. It's not the right type of coach for this stage.

While the clubs in SoFL are borderline incompetent (true dat), you CAN find a coach with playing experience and enthusiasm for the game that will run technical drills for your kid (that's what you need at 10) and give your kid plenty of playing time during 60 or so games in a club season. That's a good start. If you must supplement, I would suggest futsal at this age for the touches. But always keep in mind your kid needs to have fun and has to want to improve. You cant pay your way to improvement if its not in your kids heart.

Comment

Many of the coaches that coach in college you would not want anywhere near a 10 year old. For same reason you would not want Popovich coaching a 10 year old AAU team. It's not the right type of coach for this stage.

While the clubs in SoFL are borderline incompetent (true dat), you CAN find a coach with playing experience and enthusiasm for the game that will run technical drills for your kid (that's what you need at 10) and give your kid plenty of playing time during 60 or so games in a club season. That's a good start. If you must supplement, I would suggest futsal at this age for the touches. But always keep in mind your kid needs to have fun and has to want to improve. You cant pay your way to improvement if its not in your kids heart.
          spot on post. Paying for training is the easy way out of doing a little detective work - and the player doing work on their own. How do you know when you might have a baller? The ball is at their feet ALL THE TIME. Not just at practice a few hours a week or at costly private training sessions. Find a good coach at a good club and see where the kid takes it.

Comment

This would be true if youth soccer worked in a bubble. It does not. Coaches are prostitutes. They move to the money. You can investigate all you want about a club. It doesn't mean sh!t. There is no loyalty by coaches to any clubs. And for those coaches that you find have been at a club for an extended period of time, like 5 or more years, investigate them more. Why are they coaching the same age kids year after year? That is a sign of a problem coach that cannot go anywhere.

Comment

This would be true if youth soccer worked in a bubble. It does not. Coaches are prostitutes. They move to the money. You can investigate all you want about a club. It doesn't mean sh!t. There is no loyalty by coaches to any clubs. And for those coaches that you find have been at a club for an extended period of time, like 5 or more years, investigate them more. Why are they coaching the same age kids year after year? That is a sign of a problem coach that cannot go anywhere.
              I think it is reasonable to expect your coach to stay from September to May. Any more than that, nothing is guaranteed. I don't know what you are talking about. The kid in this hypothetical is 10. He has 1 maybe 2 years and then things get much more competitive.

Comment

My take

I think it is reasonable to expect your coach to stay from September to May. Any more than that, nothing is guaranteed. I don't know what you are talking about. The kid in this hypothetical is 10. He has 1 maybe 2 years and then things get much more competitive.
                Well if he is 10, I would say yes you can get him supplemental training to go with his regular sessions which are probably 2x (3x max) a week. As long as he is not only doing that training! if he is training on his own example juggling, wall passes, touches, and then 1-2 a week gets a coach who keeps that technical skills up, i think he would only benefit alot! makes a big difference when your doing things on your own as a kid and having a decent coach who can correct your mistakes earlier on.

if he trains the same as everyone else, he will become like everyone else, plain and simple.

Comment

That is totally true just look at RRico in West Pines hiding his real background check for years while being a young kids mercenary coach, having stupid parents paying him big money to "train" their kids.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X