Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nycsl vs lijsl

My U8 team will be leaving JSS this season and will have to choose between going to LIJSL or NYCSL. I've always assumed we would just join NYCSL but I heard half my club plays in LIJSL and I have to choose. Can anyone give me any feedback to which they think is a better league and why? Thank you!

LIJSL requires you to be a full club, meaning you have to have a real intramural program, control your own fields and so on. They are also far more structured, and for that matter dictatorial, so you know what you are getting. They are consistent.

NYCSL is pretty much the wild west. If you can write them a check and show them an insurance certificate for a field, your team can play there. You can choose to play your games on whatever day you choose, reschedule games to your hearts content and endlessly share players between teams as long as they are age eligible.

As a result of these differences, the cutthroat high end training organization driven teams all play in NYCSL while the traditional town teams mostly play in LIJSL, though some dabble in both.

So which is a better fit for you depends on your team and your desires. If you are an average travel team that wants to play against teams of similar skills, LIJSL is the way to go. If you have a strong team with high aspirations and don't mind that you will occasionally run into a team in your division that brought in a bunch of ringers from their premier team to play you, then NYCSL is the way to go.

Comment

One other point is that if you are smaller club you might experience some pains with NYCSL as far as scheduling against said "cutthroat high end training organizations". They are more flexible than LIJSL in general sure, but sometimes it depends on who is asking.

Comment

lijsl or nycsl

NYCSl has good competition not just town teams

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
          NYCSl has good competition not just town teams
          I agree it's better competition; also relegation so if you do well you move up and weak teams get moved down.

Comment

I agree it's better competition; also relegation so if you do well you move up and weak teams get moved down.
            LIJSL has relegation/promotion. If anything it's a stricter version.

Comment

nycsl vs lijsl

I heard new for the fall LIJSL is allowing clubs to pool their players and make a roster up that week based on the teams they are playing.

Comment

I heard new for the fall LIJSL is allowing clubs to pool their players and make a roster up that week based on the teams they are playing.
                LIJSL already allowed "pool play" up through U12 last year. The big difference this coming year is the ability to use a phone app to assign players to various rosters literally within minutes of game time.

Note that this is limited to single age groups. So for example, if you have a kid on a U11 team trying to play on another U11 team within the club, no problem. If you have a kid on a U11 team trying to play on another team within the club that is U12 (or U10 if age eligible), that would still require a club player pass where in NYCSL it would not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X