ECNL PDP Id camp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA has its share of politics. It isn't always about skill. Plus they want any nt players and even prospects in DA. If they shop ECNL at all this year this will be the last time you see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      DA has its share of politics. It isn't always about skill. Plus they want any nt players and even prospects in DA. If they shop ECNL at all this year this will be the last time you see it.
      Its a fair assumption, but we wont know until it starts. The YNT experience is interesting to say the least. Some kids really dont like it. Others thrive.

Comment

Lol you give the USSF way too much credit in talent evaluation. One of the top scorers in the whole league wasn't invited because of the ECNL politics.
        Really? Where's the list of top scorers? Tons of kids score alot of goals and dont get invited. If you can consistently do it vs the top ECNL teams that's one thing. Did you pad your stats vs weak teams and disappear when it counted? Not impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          Really? Where's the list of top scorers? Tons of kids score alot of goals and dont get invited. If you can consistently do it vs the top ECNL teams that's one thing. Did you pad your stats vs weak teams and disappear when it counted? Not impressive.
          It's the same crazy parent of the same kid every time. And not the top forward by any stretch. Tall? Yes. Top? No.

Comment

Im not the parent, but i hear this a lot. Tons of kids DONT score a lot of goals in the ECNL. Scoring consistently is a skill. As to the last statement, a lot of the ECNL post season is determined on it. remove the top say 16 teams who are going to make the finals and the rest is all about who has the weaker conf/schedule and who can beat up on the showcase opponents the most. Does not stop all the threads about how great it is to make the finals.

I agree that there are some kids who benefit from playing on pretty strong teams who really should score goals but there are also kids on weaker teams who seem to find the net consistently. its a skill.

Comment

Im not the parent, but i hear this a lot. Tons of kids DONT score a lot of goals in the ECNL. Scoring consistently is a skill. As to the last statement, a lot of the ECNL post season is determined on it. remove the top say 16 teams who are going to make the finals and the rest is all about who has the weaker conf/schedule and who can beat up on the showcase opponents the most. Does not stop all the threads about how great it is to make the finals.

I agree that there are some kids who benefit from playing on pretty strong teams who really should score goals but there are also kids on weaker teams who seem to find the net consistently. its a skill.
              It would be great if you read aloud what you post. Do you realize what an idiot you sound like? Your little Mia from Mass didn't make it to a camp with top players nationwide. Don't think colleges don't take note about this sort of parent conduct, but, then again, your Mia from Mass is going pro.

Comment

It would be great if you read aloud what you post. Do you realize what an idiot you sound like? Your little Mia from Mass didn't make it to a camp with top players nationwide. Don't think colleges don't take note about this sort of parent conduct, but, then again, your Mia from Mass is going pro.
                Yes, becasue what you wrote, 95pct of it untrue is really insightful. You sound really intelligent.

Comment

Yes, becasue what you wrote, 95pct of it untrue is really insightful. You sound really intelligent.
                  Not the OP, but this is really funny in an ironic sort of way. I thought I would lighten things up because it seems there are a lot of strong feelings on this silly site.

Comment

Not the OP, but this is really funny in an ironic sort of way. I thought I would lighten things up because it seems there are a lot of strong feelings on this silly site.
                    At the end of the day, this is just another p*ssing contest between NEFC and Stars.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And the sun will rise tomorrow.

Comment

At the end of the day, this is just another p*ssing contest between NEFC and Stars.

Nothing more, nothing less.

And the sun will rise tomorrow.
                      I would agree, and maybe we had been brainwashed by the club to believe otherwise, but it seems that we seem to start this p*ssing contests. It's getting old pretty fast.

Comment

I would agree, and maybe we had been brainwashed by the club to believe otherwise, but it seems that we seem to start this p*ssing contests. It's getting old pretty fast.
                        The partisan interpretation of every comment is exactly why these Clubs have parents by the throat. I am not from either Club. Put your petty feud to one side and just look at the whole thing. Adults in varying degrees of power over kids, trying to flex muscles to score point sat kids expense.

I dont care one bit about Breakers or Stars. Its a much bigger issue that parents allow Club allegiances to cloud.

Wake up

Comment

This kind of sponsorship for kids from Stars is exactly why there is a DAP coming next fall. To get the influence over ID (hopefully) away from this kind of politics. The fact that so many Stars players get pushed into the ID system vs all the other clubs in New England, is probably consistent with other geographies in the country, which can really cut down the exposure and ID opportunities for National teams for many deserving players and kids. That's a problem for US Soccer. Hence the creation of DAP.

Comment

This kind of sponsorship for kids from Stars is exactly why there is a DAP coming next fall. To get the influence over ID (hopefully) away from this kind of politics. The fact that so many Stars players get pushed into the ID system vs all the other clubs in New England, is probably consistent with other geographies in the country, which can really cut down the exposure and ID opportunities for National teams for many deserving players and kids. That's a problem for US Soccer. Hence the creation of DAP.
                            Your kid still won't get picked, but mine will. I know the girls who were selected and your kid can't hold a candle to them. But keep spinning. You look like a fool.

Comment

The sad truth is that all these "ID" camps of any kind are a farce for most of the players attending.
                              Whether it's DAP or USNT, (or whatever) the people running the camps pretty much know who they will select long before the camp happens. Yes there will be a couple of players that surprise and get accepted. For that category it's much like winning a lottery.

Comment

The sad truth is that all these "ID" camps of any kind are a farce for most of the players attending.
                                Whether it's DAP or USNT, (or whatever) the people running the camps pretty much know who they will select long before the camp happens. Yes there will be a couple of players that surprise and get accepted. For that category it's much like winning a lottery.
                                Truer words have never been spoken.
                                See who the head coaches are then see how many of the "coaches kids" get selected. It's the same for all these camps.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X