Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSA State teams Relegation

The older girls teams have been relegated to the CCSL 3rd Division where they are essentially playing an all travel schedule. I assume this is based on poor showing this past Spring. These teams are not helpful to the brand if it trying to hold itself out as a top program in the State. They ought to unbrand the state team and hold it out as some sort of CJSA house club or something of that sort but to put an FSA uniform on that product is a poor management decision.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The older girls teams have been relegated to the CCSL 3rd Division where they are essentially playing an all travel schedule. I assume this is based on poor showing this past Spring. These teams are not helpful to the brand if it trying to hold itself out as a top program in the State. They ought to unbrand the state team and hold it out as some sort of CJSA house club or something of that sort but to put an FSA uniform on that product is a poor management decision.
    What do you think is going to happen when a club fields a third full team at any given age?

Most people going onto those team know what they are getting into. They basically paying for nice facilities to train and play at.

Comment

They're money grab teams. It's clear to everyone except the parents still writing checks. PT Barnum was right.

Comment

They're money grab teams. It's clear to everyone except the parents still writing checks. PT Barnum was right.
        Its a place to play competitive soccer in CT for certain kids where town teams have failed them. Its filling a need thats apparently out there. If I go to a lesser organization on a A or B team you pay essentially the same amount. So why is it any more of a money grab versus those other options?

Comment

Its a place to play competitive soccer in CT for certain kids where town teams have failed them. Its filling a need thats apparently out there. If I go to a lesser organization on a A or B team you pay essentially the same amount. So why is it any more of a money grab versus those other options?
          It’s not, unfortunately it’s some sour puss that couldn’t make the team or a coach that wasn’t offered a job

Comment

Please, tell us which other similar club options charge the same as the FSA C team?

Comment

CFC branch teams, academica, sporting second teams, shoreline, Mendoca, ct rush

Comment

Those clubs haven't been relegated to the 3rd Division. They at least can make an argument they are better than travel.

Comment

Most know what they are signing up for. The “C” teams still play a better level of competition than most other towns, they have 10 months of coaching and indoor. They will most likely develop more than on a town travel team.

Comment

Most know what they are signing up for. The “C” teams still play a better level of competition than most other towns, they have 10 months of coaching and indoor. They will most likely develop more than on a town travel team.
                    They are playing against those town teams.
                    “Most know”
                    “Most other towns”
                    “Most likely”
                    Even your argument shows you have little confidence in FSA.

Comment

Develop into what? If you’re playing that level, what’s the point? Save the money and have fun in a town program.

Comment

Develop into what? If you’re playing that level, what’s the point? Save the money and have fun in a town program.
                        My kid wasn't having fun in a town program playing with other kids that would just as well go to a lacrosse or robotics practice than practice their soccer skills.

Comment

My kid wasn't having fun in a town program playing with other kids that would just as well go to a lacrosse or robotics practice than practice their soccer skills.
                          Depending on your location there's most likely other better and cheaper options than FSA state teams. You're over paying.

Comment

Depending on your location there's most likely other better and cheaper options than FSA state teams. You're over paying.
                            Including the kit and 3-4 training/game events a week of in a real facility for 10 months out of the year? I disagree.

Comment

Sporting? $1,950 for HS A team (I believe the B team is even less). FSA is far more expensive than Sporting.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X