Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Any player in my program who chooses to put on a club uniform after the first day of tryouts can just keep wearing it. He/she will not receive a shirt from me. You are either all in with us during the high school season or you are all out. There is no other alternative.
    I suspect most HS coaches feel the same. And good luck telling your HS coach you got injured playing in a meaningless end of summer tournament. Anyway, I don't think any U15 teams run now anyway. A few young frosh might qualify for a U14 team I suppose, but if you're trying to land a varsity spot just say no thanks to your club until HS is officially finshed

Comment

What’s the end game? Other than a few suckers chasing the National team at Ow, everyone else is starting HS soccer next week. Is it really important to go to a meaningless summer tournament?

Must be one of these parents with kids that play soccer 7 days a week. Camps. Summer select teams, speed school
      I did not say my kid was participating. I simply said the rule goes off the first game date rather than the first practice date like others were incorrectly stating.

Comment

Any player in my program who chooses to put on a club uniform after the first day of tryouts can just keep wearing it. He/she will not receive a shirt from me. You are either all in with us during the high school season or you are all out. There is no other alternative.
        Why on earth would a coach care whether a kid plays for their club team on an off day other than the remote possibility that they could get injured?

Comment

High school players can play with club teams up until the first regular season game
          They can play with their club until the h.s. coach says no. Mostly, that was August 1. That's not the CIAC date. That's the date that, if you play club after it, gets you the bench or jv.

Comment

Why on earth would a coach care whether a kid plays for their club team on an off day other than the remote possibility that they could get injured?
            It's about focus, team bonding as well as the injury risk and early burnout (club and team practices? Besides burnout there's most likely time conflicts also). For some coaches it's also about control. Not many frosh make Varsity anyway so it really doesn't impact many players. A few years ago a Bridgeport kid cost the school a state run because he played in the fall, I think just in a tournament but that's all it takes.

Comment

Get over yourself, wind bag. This is a stupid philosophy and perhaps you should adjust it to say "any kid that misses anything for my program (FOR ANY REASON) will not receive a shirt". Sorry, many kids are just looking to get additional touches and play during the preseason. While I am sure your practices are more spirited and talent-laden than club practices many kids want to keep working out with their club teams because they are so much more worthwhile than standing in lines and kicking long balls. You'd be the first to overlook your own policy if one of your top players did it I bet but I am sure you leave it out there to hang any marginal kids so you can show everyone how powerful and tough you are as a coach. Let me guess, a perennial loser program or Class S?

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                why on earth would a coach care whether a kid plays for their club team on an off day other than the remote possibility that they could get injured?
                exactly!

Comment

No club after June. Captain's practices begin in July. If you miss more than two, you're on JV to begin the season, the bench, or not on the team, depending. CIAC's date is just a recommendation and h.s. coaches can do what they want; just ask the CIAC, they will tell you the same.

Comment

No club after June. Captain's practices begin in July. If you miss more than two, you're on JV to begin the season, the bench, or not on the team, depending. CIAC's date is just a recommendation and h.s. coaches can do what they want; just ask the CIAC, they will tell you the same.
                    Hogwash. Most club players on my kid's team very rarely showed up at the captains practices and all will start every game (as they should since they're rock stars compared to most of the others on the team). Those kids play high level soccer 10 months out of the year, don't benefit from going to the captains practice, and need the break away from soccer during the summer. My son was the exception but continually complained the unorganized chaos that ensued at those practices was a waste of his time. I trust his word since he has played in club since u-little.

Comment

It's about focus, team bonding as well as the injury risk and early burnout (club and team practices? Besides burnout there's most likely time conflicts also). For some coaches it's also about control. Not many frosh make Varsity anyway so it really doesn't impact many players. A few years ago a Bridgeport kid cost the school a state run because he played in the fall, I think just in a tournament but that's all it takes.
                      High school soccer is a joke. The benefits a kid gets out of club doesn't even compare to the socialization they get out of being on a HS team.

Comment

Hogwash. Most club players on my kid's team very rarely showed up at the captains practices and all will start every game (as they should since they're rock stars compared to most of the others on the team). Those kids play high level soccer 10 months out of the year, don't benefit from going to the captains practice, and need the break away from soccer during the summer. My son was the exception but continually complained the unorganized chaos that ensued at those practices was a waste of his time. I trust his word since he has played in club since u-little.
                        Your coach sucks, clearly

Comment

High school soccer is a joke. The benefits a kid gets out of club doesn't even compare to the socialization they get out of being on a HS team.
                          Yet almost all want to play it, even at the weak programs. If they didn't they'd take the fall off, train on their own. Enough with the "it sucks" complaining. It is what it is and if your kid is happy then just be happy for them. Don't go to the games if it some offends you. If you have a pi$$ poor attitude they will too. Good parenting.

Comment

Yet almost all want to play it, even at the weak programs. If they didn't they'd take the fall off, train on their own. Enough with the "it sucks" complaining. It is what it is and if your kid is happy then just be happy for them. Don't go to the games if it some offends you. If you have a pi$$ poor attitude they will too. Good parenting.
                            My kid played top club, varsity high school, and lettered in 3 sports plus soccer. It all worked out playing D3 now. She had a good h.s. experience, decent club experience, good grades. So, let your kid do what makes them happy (within budget).

Comment

Your coach sucks, clearly
                              What does the coach have to do with it? It's a captains practice. You're way overthinking this.

Comment

My kids have all had their ups and down with HS soccer, but they'd never give it up and I'm glad they didn't/haven't. Its over in a flash and once it's over you'll miss it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X