Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class S/M

Which small school programs could have strong years? (Anticipating the usual "who cares?" and other snark from the big-school crowd, but others here have kids playing at smaller schools and are interested; some good talent at those schools as well.)

Hey! I'm part of the big school crowd and I care! There is a plethora of talent and exciting soccer played in those smaller divi....pfffft...sorry, I almost made it through that sentence.

No one cares!!!!

Comment

Well played. But, seriously, there IS ECNL/DA/NPL talent at the smaller schools. Obviously not as much, but some good soccer nonetheless (and some really bad soccer -- just like at the bigs). So, I will await the input of someone who cares.

I understand I may be waiting awhile.

Comment

There was a recent S div grad that made All-Big 12 Freshman team recently. Set the state scoring records in HS here in CT. There are a few good stories out there from the S/M divisions.

Comment

Strong season for a national power, including game winner over then No. 1 Penn State. Probably one of the better freshman seasons for a CT product in a while. From little Housatonic. What say you big school people?

Comment

With NWC back down to class S old Lyme’s easy run to state finals may be over. Nwc will destroy them.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              Strong season for a national power, including game winner over then No. 1 Penn State. Probably one of the better freshman seasons for a CT product in a while. From little Housatonic. What say you big school people?
              Individual Talent is everywhere. Awesome for her.

However, Soccer is a team sport. Last and only time Housatonic was in a S championship was 2014. She scored as a sophomore

Comment

Which small school programs could have strong years? (Anticipating the usual "who cares?" and other snark from the big-school crowd, but others here have kids playing at smaller schools and are interested; some good talent at those schools as well.)
                I care, but have no idea. Assume some of the schools that made a run last year will be in the mix -- Weston, Lewis Mills, Granby -- IHS always strong. In S, Old Lyme, St. Paul, maybe NWC back on track. Who knows? That's why it's fun.

Comment

I care, but have no idea. Assume some of the schools that made a run last year will be in the mix -- Weston, Lewis Mills, Granby -- IHS always strong. In S, Old Lyme, St. Paul, maybe NWC back on track. Who knows? That's why it's fun.
                  Litchfield in class S returns 6 starters from last years team which lost in the semis, two of whom combined for 30 goals. Too bad they will have a brand new head coach for the third year in a row.

Comment

There was a recent S div grad that made All-Big 12 Freshman team recently. Set the state scoring records in HS here in CT. There are a few good stories out there from the S/M divisions.
                    Good example. Are there any others from S/M?

Comment

She's a unicorn

Comment

She's a unicorn
                        No, she’s real, so maybe a White Rhinoceros is a more apt description.

Comment

Which specific club did you want us to chat about?

Comment

So you don't need to start a game to make All Big 12 freshman team?

Comment

So you don't need to start a game to make All Big 12 freshman team?
                              Not if you're playing at WVU

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X