Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    not the poster....when my oldest started premier 8 years ago OW, FSA and BS were still in CJSA. All the clubs were, even if just for state cup than anything else. All gone now. Same with many other good clubs he played for or against back then. The clubs didn't want to lose to each other and started looking more broadly; the parents wanted more "elite" competition so they topped off their easy passes and hit the road.
    Those clubs didn't want to play local clubs because then parents could more easily compare them and see that OW, FSA, and CFC really weren't doing any better than the NEU and SCPs of the world. By moving to regional leagues, parents got to see their kids play unfamiliar clubs, so the comparison was less obvious and lack of development was less noticeable.

Comment

Now they have ECNL, northeast npl, and ccsl for their 3 teams, no?
      Yes. For girls. For boys they have ecnl and CCSL but the boys npl doesn’t appear to be in the EDP league like past years. Move to NEP?

Comment

Those clubs didn't want to play local clubs because then parents could more easily compare them and see that OW, FSA, and CFC really weren't doing any better than the NEU and SCPs of the world. By moving to regional leagues, parents got to see their kids play unfamiliar clubs, so the comparison was less obvious and lack of development was less noticeable.
        Really? Is this what happened?

Are the 18 D1 kids that CFC has every just a scam that got pulled on naive college coaches around the country?

I suppose all of these kids would be interchangeable with your kid on SCP and her merry band of kickballlers.

Clown

Comment

Not a CFC guy, but I generally agree. The top levels for the boys are strong, everyone can hate me but the DA kids 1st, then the NPL/ECNL kids following. The DA league gets progressively more difficult as it goes. That cannot be argued, if you want to, you are high. DA has MLS clubs to play against, ECNL has who, Yah, I thought so...... Back to topic. ECNL is new so going through growing pains, and NPL has always been strong, but is being pushed down the foodchain. The rest, well, travel.... sorry.

Theres plenty of room for everyone, theres enough kids, and enough collegiate demand for most decent players with a good head on their shoulders to play, it may not be at Wake forest, but it'll be somewhere, you look at the school lists and there is stuff no one has ever heard of, just sayin, but you can play there and its a D1, lol.

The morons going and chasing the scholarships, theyre just naive..... 9.9 for the entire squad.... start dropping that quickly by every foreign kid, and then you see more like 6 scholarships to go around for like 22 kids, do not be delusional..... at least for boys, title 9 is a whole different thing....

Really? Is this what happened?

Are the 18 D1 kids that CFC has every just a scam that got pulled on naive college coaches around the country?

I suppose all of these kids would be interchangeable with your kid on SCP and her merry band of kickballlers.

Clown

Comment

Yes. For girls. For boys they have ecnl and CCSL but the boys npl doesn’t appear to be in the EDP league like past years. Move to NEP?
            NPL and Boys ECNL are US Club

EDP threw in with USYS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X