Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yes. I appreciate your level headedness. My suggestion is relevant to now though in our current mess. Parents of whatever team your kid is on, guess what.... they are on it for this year, right? Tryouts are done. Duke it out around May of next year if you feel you must on the best team/league option for your kid based on $$, coaching, opportunities, teammates, etc. Until then, we should all do our kids a favor and focus on getting OR soccer coaches of any team aware that we want them, not the magical and expensive trainer or via our kids (un)natural work ethic to train with a ball in their off hours, devoting training time to goal setting technical development for their players. Convince the coaches of our kids’ team be it USYS, Thorns, CU, FCP etc. that we need their help creating indivdual technical goals for each of their players and using practice time to reach these goals. If they do not show improvement on these goals every 3 months and reach some of their technical goals by the end of the season, “that is losing”, not if they beat Crossfire Premier. Older kids U16+ are in a tougher position as winning teams do attract college coaches, but I still believe coaches will notice technically strong kids if the kid is promoting themselves individually outside of team performance. What would you rather have, a winning team with college coaches determining the individuals on that team are benefiting by one or two great players or are collectively tactically good, but not individually competitive with higher level players that have tactical AND technical ability OR losing some games, but attracting coaches on an individual performance level?? We as parents can start now! On whatever team your kid is on, shifting the goals of our kids coaches and ultimately making OR soccer stronger despite the division. Seriously, stop focusing discussion on which league/team is better and the endless (kill me) (de)merits of each. The time for that this year has passed. Make OR Soccer better. Demand it of your coaches, we know they are trying, but does your kid have individual technical goals set for the year from their coach? I think I will start a discussion just on constructive feedback and tips from the parents and players using this discussion platform. Such as training videos, opportunities, ideas, inspiring feedback, role model links, etc. that we could practically share and use with our kids! Make our soccer community stronger. Nothing about the team your kid is on. Coming soon!
    Make Soccer Great Again.

You sound like the woman who moves her kid every year.

Comment

Huge cost increase?

$125+$2,950+$1,200 is only $4,750.

That’s $475 per month. Explain how that is a huge cost increase.
      That seems expensive, but air and hotel are expensive. No way around it.

Comment

Make Soccer Great Again.

You sound like the woman who moves her kid every year.
        Hardly. Just believe this forum can offer so much more for our community than it is currently.

Comment

Huge cost increase?

That’s some serious coin to play Burlingame and PCV Union.

Comment

That’s some serious coin to play Burlingame and PCV Union.
            $4,700 for 10 months isn’t bad. Plus Burlingame dropped out. PSV is still in i grant you that.

The quality of the competition just doesn’t matter. You still get to play games and train and that what people want. No kids get benched for whole year so that is very positive.

Focus on the positive. You’ll be a lot happier. Believe me.

Comment

Is someone still adding names to the posted rosters? 11 for the U15 team? 11 for oldest team? Where did all of last years players go - back to their former clubs? Or playing HS?

Comment

What an embarrassment for Thorns. Lost their best 02 player. And barely enough to field teams. Beginning of the end.

Comment

$4,700 for 10 months isn’t bad. Plus Burlingame dropped out. PSV is still in i grant you that.

The quality of the competition just doesn’t matter. You still get to play games and train and that what people want. No kids get benched for whole year so that is very positive.

Focus on the positive. You’ll be a lot happier. Believe me.
                  $2900 + $900(three showcases) + $50(tryout fee)= $3850 per year.

Comment

Geo Metro 8K
                    BMW 44K

So what is your point?

Comment

What an embarrassment for Thorns. Lost their best 02 player. And barely enough to field teams. Beginning of the end.
                      They had a "best" 02 player? Who knew?

Comment

Lot of money for rec soccer. But it's cool that you get to wear a Thornz jersey, I guess...

Comment

Huge cost increase?

Your math is wrong. Your numbers are off. Tryout fee was less and only three showcases.

I don’t think that the high costs are keeping elite players away. I think that the top players want to play high school and that is an obstacle.

The posted rosters are light but I’m sure they will get more kids. I’m not worried.

Comment

Where are the list posted.

Comment

Where are the list posted.
                              http://ptfc.ussoccerda.com/home.php

Comment

That doesn't have the entire list. Not sure why it doesn't but I know of at least one player who isn't on there

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X