Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You’d be no fun with me and my friends at any sporting event we attend then. Get out mingle , cheer, yell a little and if it’s a professional soccer game then have a cold one. It’s perfectly healthy for you after a long week at work.

Get out more and stop being antisocial stop with the keyboarding man GET OUT and ENJOY!
    OP here - I was referring solely to youth sports. Pro games is completely different; there I enjoy the fans. I don't even like baseball much but it is fun to go to a game once in awhile. But I stay away from parents who think they know soccer (they rarely do), try and gossip or get information out of you, make snarky comments about players (sometimes even your own within ear shot), try to coach (that's what we pay a coach for) and think every ref is out get their hip checking little darling.

Comment

OP here - I was referring solely to youth sports. Pro games is completely different; there I enjoy the fans. I don't even like baseball much but it is fun to go to a game once in awhile. But I stay away from parents who think they know soccer (they rarely do), try and gossip or get information out of you, make snarky comments about players (sometimes even your own within ear shot), try to coach (that's what we pay a coach for) and think every ref is out get their hip checking little darling.
      Stay away from the negative parents
      Cheer loud and hard for your kid and her team
      Give the refs some but be good natured about it
      And if the other team does something nice acknowledge it
      Its all good

Comment

I have to say, you both sound like reasonable people. I would tend to agree with both of you. But can we get back to the topic on hand? You know, the Fairfield County men who are obsessed with high school girls soccer. Like this posting in this thread, I think this poster got concussed before typing (he is an absolute star to those obsessed with girls high school soccer):

Masuk’s top line will be a handful but their back line will be improved this season. Their coach has a rule that Freshmen can’t play varsity (with the obvious exception of KL), and there were a few Freshmen on JV last year who should have played varsity. As Sophomores they’ll play. Midfield will be their biggest challenge but they’ll score enough to mask that.

Immaculate lost their all-world GK and that’s going to hurt. They’ll be in the mix as they’re always organized and they play hard but they won’t be as dominant as last season.

Weston played a lot of Freshmen last season and it paid dividends in the postseason. Just a solid unit when the best talent is on the field. Their GK was sharp late in the season and if she didn’t get concussed the day before the Class M state semifinal then the Granby game could have been different. Their biggest issue is that they won’t sneak up on anyone this season.

Newtown will be right there. They may not win the league but they’ll be competitive.

ND Fairfield is a wild card. WM gets a lot out of those players and TD is an absolute star up front. If opponents don’t shadow her then she’ll shred you and you’ll regret it.

Pomp will be a lot like Newtown this year. They lost some players but they’ll fill the holes with their depth. They’ll be a tough out.

Predicted Regular Season & Tournament Champions: Masuk

Comment

I have to say, you both sound like reasonable people. I would tend to agree with both of you. But can we get back to the topic on hand? You know, the Fairfield County men who are obsessed with high school girls soccer. Like this posting in this thread, I think this poster got concussed before typing (he is an absolute star to those obsessed with girls high school soccer):

Masuk’s top line will be a handful but their back line will be improved this season. Their coach has a rule that Freshmen can’t play varsity (with the obvious exception of KL), and there were a few Freshmen on JV last year who should have played varsity. As Sophomores they’ll play. Midfield will be their biggest challenge but they’ll score enough to mask that.

Immaculate lost their all-world GK and that’s going to hurt. They’ll be in the mix as they’re always organized and they play hard but they won’t be as dominant as last season.

Weston played a lot of Freshmen last season and it paid dividends in the postseason. Just a solid unit when the best talent is on the field. Their GK was sharp late in the season and if she didn’t get concussed the day before the Class M state semifinal then the Granby game could have been different. Their biggest issue is that they won’t sneak up on anyone this season.

Newtown will be right there. They may not win the league but they’ll be competitive.

ND Fairfield is a wild card. WM gets a lot out of those players and TD is an absolute star up front. If opponents don’t shadow her then she’ll shred you and you’ll regret it.

Pomp will be a lot like Newtown this year. They lost some players but they’ll fill the holes with their depth. They’ll be a tough out.

Predicted Regular Season & Tournament Champions: Masuk
          All World Keeper? Please. They have a senior keeper who was named best in conference last year, so she won't get much time as a frosh. Not too many all world anything at CCSU, except all word coach in Mick:)

Comment

All World Keeper? Please. They have a senior keeper who was named best in conference last year, so she won't get much time as a frosh. Not too many all world anything at CCSU, except all word coach in Mick:)
            The more I read this guys comments, it has to be joke. What fool says "all-world" gk, "absolute star upfront", "she'll shred you and you'll regret it". All this on girls hs soccer. The dude has issues if this is real.

Comment

The more I read this guys comments, it has to be joke. What fool says "all-world" gk, "absolute star upfront", "she'll shred you and you'll regret it". All this on girls hs soccer. The dude has issues if this is real.
              The coaches at YU?

Comment

I now try to sit on either end during games, club and HS, make small talk before/after games, team dinners. Staying away from the center line scrum during games has restored my sanity and made watching far more enjoyable
                You’d be no fun with me and my friends at any sporting event we attend then. Get out mingle , cheer, yell a little and if it’s a professional soccer game then have a cold one. It’s perfectly healthy for you after a long week at work.

Get out more and stop being antisocial stop with the keyboarding man GET OUT and ENJOY!

Comment

I now try to sit on either end during games, club and HS, make small talk before/after games, team dinners. Staying away from the center line scrum during games has restored my sanity and made watching far more enjoyable
                  my daughter is on your daughters team....you got it wrong, we shunned you and we are glad you moved.

Comment

my daughter is on your daughters team....you got it wrong, we shunned you and we are glad you moved.
                    Sounds like the poster was right about you

Comment

Really????

Masuk High School has the following opening for the Fall Season: Girls Soccer

Comment

Really????

Masuk High School has the following opening for the Fall Season: Girls Soccer
                        She bailed 2 days ago
                        Not the schools fault

Comment

She bailed 2 days ago
                          Not the schools fault
                          What do you mean “not the schools fault”? Odd comment to make.

Comment

Newtown lost one of their attacking players

Comment

What do you mean “not the schools fault”? Odd comment to make.
                              That the job is open a week before the season starts
                              Why is that an odd comment?

Comment

Newtown lost one of their attacking players
                                Well go look for her, *** is the matter with you?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X