Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Moving the 02s up will not help their development. Across the country the older girls are dropping out of gda because they want to play high school and don’t need da to get scholarships. The competition level gets lower as you get older in da. So bad for development but good for ego wins.
    I’m talking about those Thorns top 02s that stay in GDA. They were already better than most of the 01s. Playing down with the 03 GDA team that was rock bottom will do them zero good. Again, it would also be bad for the 02s that rode the pine in GDA last year to have to ride the pine again this year..

With Burlingame & PSV out of GDA, the league the Thorns play in gets stronger too. Last year’s 01/02 team was thought to be the strongest Thorns Academy team and they finished 7th out of 10. If the ranking results are the same this year, Thorns will end up 7th out of 8. If some of the other teams get weaker and they end up 4th out of 8, that is a perfect level of competition for development so I think your argument is flawed anyway.

Agree that an argument could be made about whether or not any 02 is better served leaving GDA altogether. I think not for the top players but it is an individual decision. I think it is better competition for most to play other GDA teams even if they’re somewhat watered down than play in the extremely watered down OYSA. However, I personally think Oregon girls soccer would be better if there was no GDA or ECNL. For now we have all 3 leagues to choose from. Basically it’s a choice of the least bad.

Comment

Moving the 02s up will not help their development. Across the country the older girls are dropping out of gda because they want to play high school and don’t need da to get scholarships. The competition level gets lower as you get older in da. So bad for development but good for ego wins.
      This is exactly what I’ve heard. As you get older, the thinner and thinner gda gets.

Comment

If kids are dropping out of the GDA that can only be good. If your goal is to win the less competition the better. Plus top GDA clubs like the Slammers moved to ECNL.

Comment

I’m talking about those Thorns top 02s that stay in GDA. They were already better than most of the 01s. Playing down with the 03 GDA team that was rock bottom will do them zero good. Again, it would also be bad for the 02s that rode the pine in GDA last year to have to ride the pine again this year..

With Burlingame & PSV out of GDA, the league the Thorns play in gets stronger too. Last year’s 01/02 team was thought to be the strongest Thorns Academy team and they finished 7th out of 10. If the ranking results are the same this year, Thorns will end up 7th out of 8. If some of the other teams get weaker and they end up 4th out of 8, that is a perfect level of competition for development so I think your argument is flawed anyway.

Agree that an argument could be made about whether or not any 02 is better served leaving GDA altogether. I think not for the top players but it is an individual decision. I think it is better competition for most to play other GDA teams even if they’re somewhat watered down than play in the extremely watered down OYSA. However, I personally think Oregon girls soccer would be better if there was no GDA or ECNL. For now we have all 3 leagues to choose from. Basically it’s a choice of the least bad.
          With Burlingame and PSV dropping out, Thornz will now be dead last instead of fighting for dead last. That's quite an improvement!

Comment

With Burlingame and PSV dropping out, Thornz will now be dead last instead of fighting for dead last. That's quite an improvement!
            The 00/01 Thorns team will be competitive. The 02/03 team will struggle due to so many top players playing Ecnl and Oysa in those particular years. However, the 02/03 players will get to play versus good competition and will grow and get better from it.

Comment

If kids are dropping out of the GDA that can only be good. If your goal is to win the less competition the better. Plus top GDA clubs like the Slammers moved to ECNL.
              GDA is going to be really bad this year. Top clubs are opting out.

Comment

The 00/01 Thorns team will be competitive. The 02/03 team will struggle due to so many top players playing Ecnl and Oysa in those particular years. However, the 02/03 players will get to play versus good competition and will grow and get better from it.
                Agree. Good luck to all the players in all the leagues.

Comment

GDA is going to be really bad this year. Top clubs are opting out.
                  Burlingame might jump back in if it gets any worse.

Comment

'01 Girls

That's not true! FC Portland ECNL 2001 won 4th place in OYSA premier. That means they were better than 3 other teams in OYSA premier. Pretty impressive.
                    That was a very special year for us ! We still sit around and reminisce about it .

Comment

05 boys are almost at a half million.

Don't you have FC's 4th-place finish to talk about?

Comment

Is there still tire marks left from the General when Eastside beat them ?

Comment

Thats because they are the little brother's of this '01 gen . Dad and mom get to rant and rave all over again they are experts now after going through it once.

Comment

Is there still tire marks left from the General when Eastside beat them ?
                            Eastside 01's never beat FC 01's. Nor did WashT, or Eugene, or most other Oregon teams. Only lost about 3 or 4 league games total from U11 to U14.

Anyone heard of the Salem Superstar or the Gresham Gorilla lately? Both oversized thugballers peaked about U12 and are nowhere anymore.

Comment

Eastside 01's never beat FC 01's. Nor did WashT, or Eugene, or most other Oregon teams. Only lost about 3 or 4 league games total from U11 to U14.

Anyone heard of the Salem Superstar or the Gresham Gorilla lately? Both oversized thugballers peaked about U12 and are nowhere anymore.
                              Wash Timbers and Eugene both beat FCP at least once each.
                              Salem superstar committed to Oregon.
                              Gresham girl near committed to D1 SEC school.

You are a terrible person and stupid to boot.

Comment

FC Portland 2001 ECNL was a good team. They had solid wins over WashT Greens, the B team. A quality 4-3 win over WashT and a tie with Eugene. Pretty sure they got stomped 5-0 by Salem in league and also many time in State Cup. The only time I ever rooted for Salem.

The fourth place finish in OYSA premier was a special year.

In state cup group play FC ECNL beat a silver level team and the FC parents ridiculed the opposing kids as they were walking out. A mom danced. Real classy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X