Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Lots of inaccuracies and clearly biased opinions here. BDA clearly best and has dozens of kids at pro level and top division 1 -- more from the MLS DA but plenty from non MLS DA. I think at this point ECNL is clear #2. EDP and NPL are next and certainly in areas where no close DA teams, can have comparable quality. I prefer EDP to NPL but think they are viewed similarly. It may all change if and when DA tiering (just added for U18/19) is expanded to younger groups.
    "BDA clearly best" sounds like another opinion to me. However, if that is true that doesn't say much of the current state of soccer in the USA.

USA world rankings were higher before DA than after and that is a fact. Here it is.

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...men/index.html

Furthermore, MLS teams are stacked with foreign players who are paid more which should tell you what they think of homegrown talent.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

Lots of inaccuracies and clearly biased opinions here. BDA clearly best and has dozens of kids at pro level and top division 1 -- more from the MLS DA but plenty from non MLS DA. I think at this point ECNL is clear #2. EDP and NPL are next and certainly in areas where no close DA teams, can have comparable quality. I prefer EDP to NPL but think they are viewed similarly. It may all change if and when DA tiering (just added for U18/19) is expanded to younger groups.
      Until DA can prove themselves outside of there own "bubble" and play Nationally Ranked teams that are within 50 miles of there home......Than The lines are not very clear in my book....COSMOS DADDY.

Comment

BDA is a joke and a failed concept Cosmos Daddy...you play in your little DA bubble and no standings are kept....Top Division EDP all teams are nationally Ranked teams (fyi, the list does not include DA teams).

FYI, after 12 years the mens senior national team does not have 1 DA kid!!!!!!!!!!
        There is a big difference in BDA between the MLS (funded) academies and the rest... which is why the MLS DA teams are only playing against each other this year (and a couple of other "chosen" pay to play clubs)...

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

There is a big difference in BDA between the MLS (funded) academies and the rest... which is why the MLS DA teams are only playing against each other this year (and a couple of other "chosen" pay to play clubs)...
          like i said...da plays in a "bubble" for no standings. the chest thumping da parents would get a rude awakening if they played REAL JERSEY FC 2005, MANHATTAN SC FREEDOM ECNL, or STA-MUSC 2005B ECNL.

Comment

My kid doesnt even play BDA! I do realize overall it is the top league, though. There's teams in EDP/NPL that could compete but arent allowed in bc of al the rules for applying but please let's not deny that overall, BDA is the strongest league.

SOrry you are upset that your Barca team isnt allowed in yet.
            My son played in NYCSL NPL the last two seasons and there was a significant dropoff in talent last year as two very good clubs bolted (Atletico & STA) and SUSA sent their B teams in place of their A teams.

For this upcoming season it will take another step down as Barca is sending their B teams, Eastern is back in after a horrendous record of poor results last year in the Metro league and AC Connecticut comes up from the minors.

As stated above, NPL Team-based is just a rebranding of last year's D1, but with some teams that grease the NYCSL skids to get higher placement.

The multitude of leagues has finally hit a breaking point as the EDP National Leagues are also light on talent this year.

I wish US Soccer would bring everything together into one pyramid for everyone.

Comment

My son played in NYCSL NPL the last two seasons and there was a significant dropoff in talent last year as two very good clubs bolted (Atletico & STA) and SUSA sent their B teams in place of their A teams.

For this upcoming season it will take another step down as Barca is sending their B teams, Eastern is back in after a horrendous record of poor results last year in the Metro league and AC Connecticut comes up from the minors.

As stated above, NPL Team-based is just a rebranding of last year's D1, but with some teams that grease the NYCSL skids to get higher placement.

The multitude of leagues has finally hit a breaking point as the EDP National Leagues are also light on talent this year.

I wish US Soccer would bring everything together into one pyramid for everyone.
              So where is Susa/Barca/Atletico sending their A teams

Comment

So where is Susa/Barca/Atletico sending their A teams
                SUSA Top Boys Team play in Club v Club in EDP. Barca top team is going to EDP - but I don't know if they are going into the Club v Club conference (similar to NPL) or Team based EDP League

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

SUSA Top Boys Team play in Club v Club in EDP. Barca top team is going to EDP - but I don't know if they are going into the Club v Club conference (similar to NPL) or Team based EDP League
                  in team based NPL why is gotchee in this for b2005? one would think they would be in club based NPL, No?

Comment

Barca went Club v Club EDP

Comment

Until DA can prove themselves outside of there own "bubble" and play Nationally Ranked teams that are within 50 miles of there home......Than The lines are not very clear in my book....COSMOS DADDY.
                      Nationally ranked by who? Got Soccer? Please, you're embarrassing yourself.

Are there players playing for teams outside of the DA that are as good or better than some DA players? Yes.

Are there non-DA teams that are as good as or better than some DA teams? Sure.

Has the DA done a poor job in producing NT-caliber players? Absolutely.

The OP's point, though, is that from top to bottom, the DA is where the vast majority of the talent is, and it is unquestionably the top youth league in the US. Literally any club/team can pay a registration fee and play in EDP or NYCSL NPL. Almost any club/team can rack up Got Soccer points by playing in multiple leagues and doing tournaments every weekend.

So, please, enlighten us... which league is the best then?

P.S. Please note my correct usage and understanding of the difference between "there" and "their", and also "than" and "then", which is basic 3rd-grade grammar. I suggest you spend less time on soccer message boards and more time learning how to write something that doesn't make you look like a moron.

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

Nationally ranked by who? Got Soccer? Please, you're embarrassing yourself.

Are there players playing for teams outside of the DA that are as good or better than some DA players? Yes.

Are there non-DA teams that are as good as or better than some DA teams? Sure.

Has the DA done a poor job in producing NT-caliber players? Absolutely.

The OP's point, though, is that from top to bottom, the DA is where the vast majority of the talent is, and it is unquestionably the top youth league in the US. Literally any club/team can pay a registration fee and play in EDP or NYCSL NPL. Almost any club/team can rack up Got Soccer points by playing in multiple leagues and doing tournaments every weekend.

So, please, enlighten us... which league is the best then?

P.S. Please note my correct usage and understanding of the difference between "there" and "their", and also "than" and "then", which is basic 3rd-grade grammar. I suggest you spend less time on soccer message boards and more time learning how to write something that doesn't make you look like a moron.
                        1) perhaps you should find me give me a lesson in grammar in person...or you can cont. to sit in your swivel chair and be a keyboard gangster....either way i can, and would beat the moron into you...mr cosmos daddy!!!

2) I would put bank that any team in the top division in EDP and or ECNL would statistically beat DA teams weekend in and weekend out every season....keep hiding in the "bubble" mr cosmos daddy!!!!!

Most mls teams are stacked with foreign talent on their 1st teams after 12 years of da...DA is failed concept....mr cosmos daddy!!!

Comment

1) perhaps you should find me give me a lesson in grammar in person...or you can cont. to sit in your swivel chair and be a keyboard gangster....either way i can, and would beat the moron into you...mr cosmos daddy!!!

2) I would put bank that any team in the top division in EDP and or ECNL would statistically beat DA teams weekend in and weekend out every season....keep hiding in the "bubble" mr cosmos daddy!!!!!

Most mls teams are stacked with foreign talent on their 1st teams after 12 years of da...DA is failed concept....mr cosmos daddy!!!
                          Yeah, I'm hiding in a bubble, and I'm a keyboard gangster, says the guy who is sitting in his own swivel chair and making anonymous threats to someone with his own keyboard. Ooh, I'm scared. You really are a moron.

BTW, ECNL does not have a "top" division. It is a club-vs-club format with no pro/rel, but if you had any idea what you were talking about you would already know that.

Have you ever seen a DA team play? Sounds like you live in your own little EDP bubble. EDP has some good teams, no doubt. But talk about being a keyboard gangster - please name the exact EDP teams that you would "put bank" on against which exact DA teams? You will no doubt have a very long list, with many examples, as "any team in the top divison" would put a beat down on a DA team. Just so I understand - are you saying that a team that went 0-0-9 with a -35 goal differential last fall in EDP 1 would consistently beat DA teams? Sounds really logical.

And since it is not likely that any of these EDP and DA teams have ever played each other before, please tell me how you have come to your insightful conclusion that all of the EDP teams are better.

Comment

I agree with you - well said. The farca poster, if his kid is even that, is confused by soccer as much as grammar. First off, DA teams continue to play MLS DA's at all but U19 bracket and if you look at last years tables, you will see MANY DA teams held their own with the MLS teams, (though that isnt really the point). Second, while yes, at the younger pre-puberty ages, occasionally for the odd game, a physical kick and run EDP or NPL team does well against a DA playing build from the back good possession on one game, the more skilled kids are at DA. Go pick three good college teams and see the background on rosters - aside from the international kids, it 80% DA, 20% premier -- and even those are more from areas where DA isn't. If DA isnt better, why is Barca desperate to get in and keep applying?

Comment

NYCSL NPL Team League?

I agree with you - well said. The farca poster, if his kid is even that, is confused by soccer as much as grammar. First off, DA teams continue to play MLS DA's at all but U19 bracket and if you look at last years tables, you will see MANY DA teams held their own with the MLS teams, (though that isnt really the point). Second, while yes, at the younger pre-puberty ages, occasionally for the odd game, a physical kick and run EDP or NPL team does well against a DA playing build from the back good possession on one game, the more skilled kids are at DA. Go pick three good college teams and see the background on rosters - aside from the international kids, it 80% DA, 20% premier -- and even those are more from areas where DA isn't. If DA isnt better, why is Barca desperate to get in and keep applying?
                              strictly marketing...Barca can offer, edp, da (once they get it) , NYclub, etc...PS...FU and your P-ssy grammer...we have a fkg p_ssy english teacher here now on TS!!!!!

"figures never lie, but liars always figure" there is an old english proverb for you..f_ggot.

Take your Bull Sh_t percentages, turn them sideways and shove them straight up your candy _SS!

Comment

80% this and 20% that. All numbers made up in your head that don't mean shyt.

USA world rankings were higher before DA existed and that is a fact. Here it is.

https://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-rank...men/index.html

Furthermore, MLS teams are stacked with foreign players who are paid more which should tell you what the MLS really thinks of homegrown talent.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X